Ohio Heritage Conference 2019

Cool, I have known him since he was a couple years old, my son and him used to play together. They definitely have to get it figured out. I told myself, if Greeneview can go 3-2 through the first 5 games, they would be good. That was with them winning against Waynesville.....We will see if they rebound, if they don’t, it will be a long season. The reserve team beat Stebbins pretty badly. They have some tough kids
stebbins is just pretty weak as a program but good for them. i knew the rams had a bright future. i think this year and next year will just be down all together. Greenon has this year and next year but then things are shaky

While I think Greenon has become the favorite in the South with their win and Greeneview's disappointing loss - I feel like it's way too early to wave the white flag on the Rams. It seems like that's what everyone is doing. They have a bunch of returning talent back, including the reigning OHC South POY.

My current power rankings:

1. Mechanicsburg (1 LW)
2. West Jefferson (2 LW)
3. West Liberty-Salem (3 LW)
4. Greenon (5 LW)
5. Greeneview (4 LW)
6. Fairbanks (6 LW)
7. Madison Plains (8 LW)
8. Triad (9 LW)
9. Northeastern (7 LW)
10. Southeastern (10 LW)
11. Cedarville (11 LW)
12. Catholic Central (12 LW)

I still believe Mechanicsburg and West Jefferson are hands down the top 2 teams in the league. I'll have a better read on WLS after this week against Ben Logan. BL always is amped up for this game. If WLS rolls, I'll believe they are legit.

My picks:

North
Mechanicsburg over Urbana
Triad over Ridgemont
West Liberty-Salem over Ben Logan
Bishop Ready over West Jefferson
Northwestern over Northeastern
Indian Lake over Fairbanks

South
Arcanum over SCC
Cedarville over East Clinton
Greeneview over Waynesville
Greenon over Bradford
Madison Plains over Fredericktown
Graham over Southeastern

Last edited:
OHC out of conference record is 5-7 after week 1. Week 2 biggest games are WJ @ Bishop Ready, WLS @ Ben Logan & Greeneview @ Waynesville.
OHC North: 3-3
Fairbanks 0-1 North Union 1-0 (20-53), @ Indian Lake 0-1
Mechanicsburg 1-0 Kenton Ridge 0-1 (27-3), Urbana 0-1
Northeastern 0-1 Worthington Christian 1-0 (14-27), @ Northwestern 1-0
Triad 0-1 Ben Logan 1-0 (20-50), @ Ridgemont 0-1
West Jefferson 1-0 Lockland 0-1 (53-7), @ Bishop Ready 1-0
West Liberty-Salem 1-0 Graham 0-1 (41-0), @ Ben Logan 1-0

OHC South: 2-4
Cedarville 0-1 Mississinawa Valley 1-0 (7-24), @ East Clinton 0-1
Greeneview 0-1 Stebbins 1-0 (0-19), @ Waynesville 1-0
Greenon 1-0 Shawnee 0-1 (56-39), Bradford 0-1
Madison Plains 1-0 Westfall 0-1 (32-0), @ Fredericktown 0-1
Springfield Catholic Central 0-1 @ Upper Scioto Valley 1-0 (6-38), @ Arcanum 1-0
Southeastern 0-1 @Northwestern 1-0 (7-37), Graham 0-1

While I think Greenon has become the favorite in the South with their win and Greeneview's disappointing loss - I feel like it's way too early to wave the white flag on the Rams. It seems like that's what everyone is doing. They have a bunch of returning talent back, including the reigning OHC South POY.

1. Mechanicsburg (1 LW)
2. West Jefferson (2 LW)
4. Greenon (5 LW)
5. Greeneview (4 LW)
6. Fairbanks (6 LW)
7. Madison Plains (8 LW)
8. Triad (9 LW)
9. Northeastern (7 LW)
10. Southeastern (10 LW)
11. Cedarville (11 LW)

I still believe Mechanicsburg and West Jefferson are hands down the top 2 teams in the league. I'll have a better read on WLS after this week against Ben Logan. BL always is amped up for this game. If WLS rolls, I'll believe they are legit.

My picks:

North
Triad over Ridgemont

South
Arcadia over SCC
Greenon over Bradford
Graham over Southeastern
I agree Greeneview has a lot of talent which is why I’m so disappointed...The main reason being is the offense is absolutely awful and awful is a nice way of putting it they don’t utilize the players at all

I agree Greeneview has a lot of talent which is why I’m so disappointed...The main reason being is the offense is absolutely awful and awful is a nice way of putting it they don’t utilize the players at all
I wouldn’t say the offense is awful, they moved the ball at will against Stebbins. It was penalties and turn overs that killed Greeneview.

i think the problem is that Greeneview basically runs through Clay Payton. he’s a good player but if you only rely on 1 guy, he will get tired. Glass did vs. Greenon. and Greeneview did not throw the ball well at all. i do however think they have a solid defense.

i think the problem is that Greeneview basically runs through Clay Payton. he’s a good player but if you only rely on 1 guy, he will get tired. Glass did vs. Greenon. and Greeneview did not throw the ball well at all. i do however think they have a solid defense.
You nailed it right there they need to find a way to get more people the ball...Although I do think the Payton kid is an absolute stud but they can’t be running him every play and not coming out on D it just won’t work

1. Mechanicsburg (1 LW)
2. West Jefferson (2 LW)
4. Greenon (5 LW)
5. Greeneview (4 LW)
6. Fairbanks (6 LW)
7. Madison Plains (8 LW)
8. Triad (9 LW)
9. Northeastern (7 LW)
10. Southeastern (10 LW)
11. Cedarville (11 LW)

My picks:

North
Triad over Ridgemont

South
Arcadia over SCC
Greenon over Bradford
Graham over Southeastern
WLS, i agree with this completely. rankings and picks. although SCC plays Arcanum, not Arcadia. if West Lib beats Ben Logan, West Liberty is legit and they could pull off a win vs. West Jeff or the Burg

You nailed it right there they need to find a way to get more people the ball...Although I do think the Payton kid is an absolute stud but they can’t be running him every play and not coming out on D it just won’t work
i just don’t see them winning more than 5 or 6 games if somebody doesn’t step up on offense. this week will show a lot about not only the players, but how the coaches respond. Clay Payton is the stud but come 4th quarter he will be tired after having the ball 75% of the time and playing defense..

i just don’t see them winning more than 5 or 6 games if somebody doesn’t step up on offense. this week will show a lot about not only the players, but how the coaches respond. Clay Payton is the stud but come 4th quarter he will be tired after having the ball 75% of the time and playing defense..
I agree 100 percent! Their QB is a really good runner too, they need to use him more.

I noticed WL-S, West Jefferson and Greenon getting some love in the Yappi poll!

I like your rankings as well Color. I saw Burg play Friday, and the looked good. As the season goes on, we will see how good KR looks, but that defense is legit.
WJ has always been a tough team. They have been really big on the lines the last few years when I saw them.
Suprised Greenon has taken such a big step this year. They were waxed by some of the big boys in the OHC last year.
Fairbanks is the anomaly for me right now. They got housed by NU last year, then went on to beat WJ and Burg, both on the road I believe. The IL game is a must win for them I'd say at this point.

I like your rankings as well Color. I saw Burg play Friday, and the looked good. As the season goes on, we will see how good KR looks, but that defense is legit.
WJ has always been a tough team. They have been really big on the lines the last few years when I saw them.
Suprised Greenon has taken such a big step this year. They were waxed by some of the big boys in the OHC last year.
Fairbanks is the anomaly for me right now. They got housed by NU last year, then went on to beat WJ and Burg, both on the road I believe. The IL game is a must win for them I'd say at this point.

Best lineman in the conference hands down. What they have after that will show real quick. I’m guessing they’ll upset someone. I like having Fairbanks back.

BURG over Urbana - this could be ugly
Ridgemont over Triad - just going with home team here
WLS over BL - giving the nod tigers on the road
WJ over Ready - gett’n redemption after losing last year
NW over NE - western version at home
Fbanks over IL - Fbanks get back on track
Arcadia over CC - the struggle continues
EC over Cville - EC gets the win at home
Waynesville over Gview - as one said earlier might be tough year for Gview, going with home team
Greenon over Bradford - continues to come out swinging
Freddie’s over MP - Freddie’s at home and still not a believer of plains
Graham over SE - somebody gett’n one in the win column

Watched SCC practice for a while tonight. If and that is a big IF next year will be much better and two years might see a contender. The kicker is keeping all those fr. in school and working. But there is talent and some size to work with.

Watched SCC practice for a while tonight. If and that is a big IF next year will be much better and two years might see a contender. The kicker is keeping all those fr. in school and working. But there is talent and some size to work with.
That's good news. I'd hate to see some of the smaller schools in the OHC go to 8 man. That would suck big time.

Greenon's win over the Braves was big. The Braves destroyed Tipp last night.
a few years ago i’d be called a physcopath for even saying this, but if the Knights keep winning and the Braves do as well, Greenon has a shot to not only host a playoff game but be the #1 seed in an overall weak region

BURG over Urbana - this could be ugly
Ridgemont over Triad - just going with home team here
WLS over BL - giving the nod tigers on the road
WJ over Ready - gett’n redemption after losing last year
NW over NE - western version at home
Fbanks over IL - Fbanks get back on track
Arcadia over CC - the struggle continues
EC over Cville - EC gets the win at home
Waynesville over Gview - as one said earlier might be tough year for Gview, going with home team
Greenon over Bradford - continues to come out swinging
Freddie’s over MP - Freddie’s at home and still not a believer of plains
Graham over SE - somebody gett’n one in the win column
CC plays Arcanum. Though Arcadia would be a decent non-conference pick up for them. I wish they were playing Bradford instead of Arcanum. It'd give CC a shot at a win.

Greenon has a good Sr. and Jr. class. Very athletic. But if the Braves get into the playoffs, they might beat the Knights in a rematch. I'm hoping for a rematch.
When Greenon played Shawnee, I wanted Greenon to win it since they play only D VI and DVII teams from here on out except for MP. Shawnee can get into the playoffs with a 6-4 record since they play bigger schools from the CBC.

being in the community i think it is a culture change. but don’t get me wrong, sophomores, juniors, and seniors are very talented classes. this year’s team has a chance to be the best in school history

Greenon has a good Sr. and Jr. class. Very athletic. But if the Braves get into the playoffs, they might beat the Knights in a rematch. I'm hoping for a rematch.
When Greenon played Shawnee, I wanted Greenon to win it since they play only D VI and DVII teams from here on out except for MP. Shawnee can get into the playoffs with a 6-4 record since they play bigger schools from the CBC.

a rematch would be fun for sure! if it was week 12 or later, imagine playing it at Springfield HS. that would be a big crowd with a lot on the line

Greenon-65
Bradford- 6
no surprises here.

congrats to Greeneview for the bounce back win!! not sure how good waynesville really is but nice gritty win for the Rams.