Midwest Athletic Conference 2019

FWIW the MAC went 2 - 1 vs the WBL tonight. DSJ with a 1 pt. win over Elida, Coldwater defeating Kenton 42 - 7 and Versailles losing to Celina by a pt.

I like how some posters think they know what other posters are thinking. I know what ML football was like before Goodwin took over decent but not great. The Flyers have won 10 State Championships under Goodwin and if we never win another one, I really could care less because I can remember before Goodwin how I thought it would great to have a program like Versailles or SH. Not only under Goodwin did the Flyers match those two programs ( Tigerball with Hetrich and SH from 1990 till 06 ) he may even done better. I am a very content Flyer fan.
Lol. Wow. Goodwin proved his doubters wrong. Including his “fans”.

Was Coldwater really that good or did Kenton play bad?? Wapak scrimmaged you guys and it looked pretty equal, Kenton was supposed to be Wapak’s biggest challenger this year.
A little of both. They were hell bent on running the 5 wide and Blaine Huston ran around for his life. Their best drive in the 1st half was halted by a personal foul. I'd say that is a 5-5 team. Man do they whine at the officials.

A little of both. They were hell bent on running the 5 wide and Blaine Huston ran around for his life. Their best drive in the 1st half was halted by a personal foul. I'd say that is a 5-5 team. Man do they whine at the officials.
I know CW has been playing Kenton to open the season for a long time and it is hard to find non conference games. However with St. Marys having an opening for their 1st game next year ( I believe they have an opening ) it would be great if CW and the Roughriders could start a series.

They did whine, and their coach I believe got that unsportsmanlike penalty. Per usual in the Coldwater Kenton matchup, the short flares worked but any time they attempted to go down field and needed time thier QB had no time and, of course, they did not adjust fire and give him a chance. It is like the same old thing every time against them, no adjustments. Their offense looked great against the CW backups though. Good showing by CW

I know CW has been playing Kenton to open the season for a long time and it is hard to find non conference games. However with St. Marys having an opening for their 1st game next year ( I believe they have an opening ) it would be great if CW and the Roughriders could start a series.
Not a bad idea but I do think Cavman does have a point. Kenton does show us a 5 wide spread offense that prepares us for any spread team in the playoffs. Maybe we can find a spread team for week 2.

I don’t think St. Mary’s will do that. Like Wapak, they need a big school that they can beat and that will get them computer points. Coldwater will beat St. Mary’s most of the time and when St. Mary’s does beat them it won’t benefit them much.

Wrong
I don’t think St. Mary’s will do that. Like Wapak, they need a big school that they can beat and that will get them computer points. Coldwater will beat St. Mary’s most of the time and when St. Mary’s does beat them it won’t benefit them much.
Wrong. SM beating a perennial 8,9 win d6, sometomes 5, would benefit them.

Watterson 24
Lancaster 22

Lancaster scored with no time on the clock but did not convert the 2pt conversion.
Lancaster spotted Watterson a 3-TD lead deep into the third quarter. Lancaster made some “adjustments”, so to speak, by opening the playbook and playing more up-tempo / spread it out to get the ball driving down the field quicker to catch up and it yielded them a touchdown to cut it to 24-10. Lancaster stopped BW, who basically was playing on cruise control for whatever reason too early, on a 3-and-out and scored again but messed up the hold on the PAT cutting it to 24-16 Watty. Then, with 3-4 minutes left Lancaster stalled up on some regressive Wing-T ball by getting snagged on a hold and turned it over on downs. The only reason Lancaster found themselves in position to play for a tie in regulation was because Watterson biffed up the punt snap and Lancaster recovered down 8 with :32 remaining on the BW 27. They miraculously got a spike “down” and found their WR on a fade in the corner of the end zone as the clock struck zero. They basically had a melt down on the two-point try to tie.

It was a weird, clumsy game with a wild-for-all-the-wrong-reasons finish. BW looked like a tire-fire after their final TD. Not saying that Lancaster should have won, but the Gales had a horrible first half (what should’ve been an easy TD on a break-away run down the sideline was instead blown by a dumb choice to juke out the BW safety on the five... which Lancaster ultimately settled for a field goal on; Lancaster fumbled a hand-off on the second play of possession which followed BW’s field goal that had then put BW up 10-3 with only 1:16 left [Lancaster was getting the ball back to start the second], and BW immediately struck to go up 17-3.)

I obviously didn’t get a chance to watch Marion Local by comparison, but Watterson really isn’t anything special in terms of being a 4-quarter team. There’s really no reason why Lancaster chose to un-hitch the wagon and get moving from a play-calling perspective as late as they did in the game. Even more ironic is the fact that Watterson appeared to have some issues with cramping that LHS didn’t. Both teams looked like they’ll have losing seasons, honestly.

On another note, Bobby Hoying’s kid isn’t a half-bad QB for the Eagles.

Coldwater most years would give St. Marys more computer pts. than Sidney provided St. Marys. Question is would Coldwater give up playing a team ( Kenton ) that has played the Cavs for almost 20 years now. Actually I would think Kenton would want to quit playing CW, been 6 or 7 years the last time Kenton beat Coldwater. On the other hand don't know if the Riders would be willing to play a smaller school esp. one as good as Coldwater. It would be a heck of a gate and 50 - 50.

Lancaster spotted Watterson a 3-TD lead deep into the third quarter. Lancaster made some “adjustments”, so to speak, by opening the playbook and playing more up-tempo / spread it out to get the ball driving down the field quicker to catch up and it yielded them a touchdown to cut it to 24-10. Lancaster stopped BW, who basically was playing on cruise control for whatever reason too early, on a 3-and-out and scored again but messed up the hold on the PAT cutting it to 24-16 Watty. Then, with 3-4 minutes left Lancaster stalled up on some regressive Wing-T ball by getting snagged on a hold and turned it over on downs. The only reason Lancaster found themselves in position to play for a tie in regulation was because Watterson biffed up the punt snap and Lancaster recovered down 8 with :32 remaining on the BW 27. They miraculously got a spike “down” and found their WR on a fade in the corner of the end zone as the clock struck zero. They basically had a melt down on the two-point try to tie.

It was a weird, clumsy game with a wild-for-all-the-wrong-reasons finish. BW looked like a tire-fire after their final TD. Not saying that Lancaster should have won, but the Gales had a horrible first half (what should’ve been an easy TD on a break-away run down the sideline was instead blown by a dumb choice to juke out the BW safety on the five... which Lancaster ultimately settled for a field goal on; Lancaster fumbled a hand-off on the second play of possession which followed BW’s field goal that had then put BW up 10-3 with only 1:16 left [Lancaster was getting the ball back to start the second], and BW immediately struck to go up 17-3.)
I know in H.S. football 1 year can make a big difference but didn't Lancaster def. Pick Central last year.

Probably not. I believe Bobby Hoying's son is the starting QB for Watterson, if that is true and if he is as good as his old man, it will be a long night for ML.
Yeah, you may want to ask Chaminade Julienne how much of pushovers them farm boys from Maria Stein are. Even if Marion doesn't win, I guarentee Watterson will remember them for a long time. High division football is sloppy anyways and is all about one on one tackling, which I give the upper hand to them Marion backs, they keep their shoulders down and just keep running. You also dang well know the entire 11 man defense for Marion will be on that ball carrier at the end of the play.

Yeah, you may want to ask Chaminade Julienne how much of pushovers them farm boys from Maria Stein are. Even if Marion doesn't win, I guarentee Watterson will remember them for a long time. High division football is sloppy anyways and is all about one on one tackling, which I give the upper hand to them Marion backs, they keep their shoulders down and just keep running. You also dang well know the entire 11 man defense for Marion will be on that ball carrier at the end of the play.
It took a while but someone finally took the troll bait.

?

I obviously didn’t get a chance to watch Marion Local by comparison, but Watterson really isn’t anything special in terms of being a 4-quarter team. There’s really no reason why Lancaster chose to un-hitch the wagon and get moving from a play-calling perspective as late as they did in the game. Even more ironic is the fact that Watterson appeared to have some issues with cramping that LHS didn’t. Both teams looked like they’ll have losing seasons, honestly.

On another note, Bobby Hoying’s kid isn’t a half-bad QB for the Eagles.
Talking to some watterson folks this summer and they are the Hoyings as saviours of the program.

Anyone in here recall those glory days of SH with BH and such?