Mooney football 2019

You do know there is video of games out there on internet? That game is on HUDL and the away side is 1/2 full at best. So kind of discredits your recollection of crowd.
I know I was at the 2009 game, I can't recall for sure what other year I saw, but it was a standing room only crowd both times, it might be the case that in more recent history the crowds have been smaller. And I didn't see the 2009 game on HUDL, but maybe I am not looking in the right place.

Where are you getting your population #’s from? Canfield’s population between city and township is like 20k. That # you mention is closer to just the city population.
Yeah those numbers are city only, but even so the township population was not above 3 thousand until the late 1980's. And some small parts of the township aren't Canfield schools I think.

I know I was at the 2009 game, I can't recall for sure what other year I saw, but it was a standing room only crowd both times, it might be the case that in more recent history the crowds have been smaller. And I didn't see the 2009 game on HUDL, but maybe I am not looking in the right place.
2009 was 10 years ago lol

I know that Mooney would pack the house, a lot of people from the entire area would go to that game, and it would be a bigger gate then a game with Dover, you just bounce around the fact that Canfield doesn’t want to play them with horrible reasoning when everyone knows the reason

Dover takes 1,500 or so to away games no matter who they play. If it’s a big game they send more. If it’s a playoff game 4,000

Power house,

What do you feel is the reason Canfield hasn't /won't schedule Mooney?

Seriously though, it's the same BS that they don't want to play them because they are afraid they will lose kids to them, which is nonsense.

My bet is any kid going to Mooney that lives in Canfield was probably going there all along. They didn't magically decide to go to Mooney because mooney beat canfield in some sport.

Glad you posted this. I'm still confused on the scheduling on CARRICK. Yes I know that y'all scheduled Akron North recently, but I wouldn't be suprised if North rolled Carrick. Looking at Eitel in 18 they got blasted in the Pittsburgh City. League and didn't finish the season. One can imagine lack of numbers was the culprit. I know local teams aren't lining up to play Mooney for one reason or another. But CARRICK?
I always thought instead of scrimmaging Glenville, make that a September game. Itll beat the Ville going to Olentangy.
Carrick is playing an independent schedule this season and aren't eligible for the city league playoffs.

So they're playing anyone who will play them. They've got two city games, but are also playing teams like Vincentian (just restarted football), and Newbury (last season of football).

They've been the bottom team in the city league for a while. Allderdice, Westinghouse, and USO have been the better teams usually. Perry and Brashear usually in the middle.

Had 20 varsity players last year. Was down to 12 after injuries when they canceled the last two games.

I don't understand the logic playing Mooney. At home no less. Good luck parking, Cardinal fans. The game just stands out on their schedule as one game being unlike the rest.

I hope Mooney treats it like a glorified practice and gets s lot of underclassmen some work. Because it would be real ugly real quick. I saw Mooney play at Akron North a few years ago and they basically need to play like that game. Cycle a lot of players and know you're just getting some work in.

Seriously though, it's the same BS that they don't want to play them because they are afraid they will lose kids to them, which is nonsense.

My bet is any kid going to Mooney that lives in Canfield was probably going there all along. They didn't magically decide to go to Mooney because mooney beat canfield in some sport.
Dead on

Carrick is playing an independent schedule this season and aren't eligible for the city league playoffs.

So they're playing anyone who will play them. They've got two city games, but are also playing teams like Vincentian (just restarted football), and Newbury (last season of football).

They've been the bottom team in the city league for a while. Allderdice, Westinghouse, and USO have been the better teams usually. Perry and Brashear usually in the middle.

Had 20 varsity players last year. Was down to 12 after injuries when they canceled the last two games.

I don't understand the logic playing Mooney. At home no less. Good luck parking, Cardinal fans. The game just stands out on their schedule as one game being unlike the rest.

I hope Mooney treats it like a glorified practice and gets s lot of underclassmen some work. Because it would be real ugly real quick. I saw Mooney play at Akron North a few years ago and they basically need to play like that game. Cycle a lot of players and know you're just getting some work in.
Do they get playoff points and where do they classify as an ohio division?

Struthers could've replaced Campbell with Mooney on the schedule. Mooney tried. Struthers laughed. It's not just Canfield. It's everyone.

Struthers could've replaced Campbell with Mooney on the schedule. Mooney tried. Struthers laughed. It's not just Canfield. It's everyone.
You’re damn right. We just didn’t put it in the paper. See em in the playoffs if god wants it to happen.
That 2013 game at Niles was packed full.

In the same light Campbell cried to stop playing struthers, one of the longest rivalries in the entire valley because Campbell couldn’t compete. There is underlying issues with why teams won’t play Mooney, politics run the world.

There's still a lot of older, influential people behind the scenes when it comes to Struthers schedules. Nancy may very well have little to say regarding who the Cats play.
I can't believe it has anything to do with whether the Cats could compete with Mooney. Especially nowadays. Mooney has changed considerably the past few years. They're not getting a lot of the athletes they usually were getting.
Some people's thinking may be along the line: Why showcase your school/stadium and in particular, younger players in full view to the privates.
JMHO.

A lot of people think that way, but Mooney and Ursuline coaches are known to flock middle school games, that’s not a secret

Do they get playoff points and where do they classify as an ohio division?
That's not how PA works. You must participate in your district to qualify for the district playoffs. Even with only 6 schools, Pittsburgh City League is actually District 8. They won't make the playoffs in PA no matter what. It's their atonement for canceling the end of last season and going independent this season. Trying to have an easier season and get numbers back up. Have 30-35 for this season.

That's not how PA works. You must participate in your district to qualify for the district playoffs. Even with only 6 schools, Pittsburgh City League is actually District 8. They won't make the playoffs in PA no matter what. It's their atonement for canceling the end of last season and going independent this season. Trying to have an easier season and get numbers back up. Have 30-35 for this season.
You misunderstood what I meant, I mean what does it do for Mooney when they beat them

I think he's asking if Carrick will win any games this year... to get L2 points for Mooney. And what division they're classified in in Ohio... I.e. how many L1 points will Mooney get for this?

I can't imagine they're below D3...

There's still a lot of older, influential people behind the scenes when it comes to Struthers schedules. Nancy may very well have little to say regarding who the Cats play.
I can't believe it has anything to do with whether the Cats could compete with Mooney. Especially nowadays. Mooney has changed considerably the past few years. They're not getting a lot of the athletes they usually were getting.
Some people's thinking may be along the line: Why showcase your school/stadium and in particular, younger players in full view to the privates.
JMHO.
That’s exactly the reasoning. They already go to the middle school games and cozy up to parents. That’s no secret. So let them drive to Columbus for a game.

I think he's asking if Carrick will win any games this year... to get L2 points for Mooney. And what division they're classified in in Ohio... I.e. how many L1 points will Mooney get for this?

I can't imagine they're below D3...
They are a PIAA member in good standing. A win against them would count for harbins. They have 372 boys 9-11, which make them 4A in PA. That number should match up exactly with the Ohio numbers and make them D3.

Canfield has played Ursuline but not Cardinal Mooney. Canfield has played Cardinal Mooney in every sport but football and possibly boys tennis, if they did play in boys tennis it would have had to been in the 1960's or earlier, and I'm not even sure Mooney had a team yet.
You have to remember that prior to the late 1980's Canfield was a small farm/rural community, in 1990 the population was only 4,000 people, until 1960 the population was only 1,000 people, the population was only 3,000 people in the mid 1970's. Canfield's population on the next census is projected to be 6,000 people, so they are actually getting smaller contrary to popular belief.
Regarding the tennis, Mooney and Canfield dominated tennis in the area in the 80’s into the 90’s. Both programs had State Championships and pretty much annual trips to Columbus for more than a decade. The 2 teams played every year all during the 80’s and 90’s into the 2000’s. They only stopped when the asshat Superintendent that Canfield currently has blocked it. Also, this included girls tennis as well

The problem is that Carrick won't win many games if any.

Beating a team that wins a game or 2 doesn't help much.

Only thing worse is beating a winless team, which actually hurts you.

That exact thing left struthers out of the playoffs last year with Campbell and Jefferson going winless, also kept the cats from the 1 seed a few years ago when they played Toledo Scott who also hurt us. Sometimes bye weeks are better then people think

Look at the independent teams playing each other in football this year. We have Canfield, Howland, Louisville, Mooney, Ursuline, East and Chaney all playing each other somewhere on their schedules. Not every team but they all have some of these schools on their schedule. Would be nice to see them all get together and form a league. Could be a league just for football. I know political reasons say no but for playoffs and for good local games during the season this needs to be a YES

In fairness Campbell wanted out that game two years before and they warned you guys this wasn't good for anyone. Struthers wanted to keep playing it. And it cost you a playoff spot.

In fairness Campbell wanted out that game two years before and they warned you guys this wasn't good for anyone. Struthers wanted to keep playing it. And it cost you a playoff spot.
Because it’s blvery hard to get a game when you try to cancel the game in the summer, 1 year but too get your facts correct

Because it’s blvery hard to get a game when you try to cancel the game in the summer, 1 year but too get your facts correct
They did throw around the idea of getting out of it a little earlier but nothing concrete. They tried at the last minute to add jfk who was the defending state champ at the time instead of the cats. Clearly in a move to preserve their rivalry lead. Clearly.