Cross County Conference

BucksFan937

With only 2 years left for the conference, it will be interesting to see how it plays out. With the way the conference break-up went down, I don't blame some of the stronger football schools in the conference for having a chip on their shoulder. Will they take that out on some of the teams in the league?

I expect Fort Loramie to be the front runner in the league this year, followed by Covington and then Miami East. I expect Miami East to be down some, but still be good as usual. Followed by the next tier of teams which should include Ansonia and Bethel. I would normally put Tri County North in this tier, but I think they will be down for the next couple years, but still probably better than a lot of the bottom teams. Then after that it's everybody else. I will put my league projections below...

1) Fort Loramie
2) Covington
3) Miami East
4) Ansonia
5) Bethel
6) TCN
7) National Trail
8) Arcanum
9) Twin Valley South
10) Tri Village
11) Mississinawa Valley
12) Bradford

Pretty much a foregone conclusion that FL is the stud of the conference. Covington and East will struggle vs them.
FL 9-1
Covington 8-2
East 7-3

Covington has 18 seniors and they think they'll be pretty good. I might pick FL if you're asking, but I'm not going to call it a done deal!

I know that it doesn't mean everything, but we should get a general idea of how Covington and Fort Loramie compare after the first 2 weeks.

Fort Loramie
08/30 A Minster
09/06 H St. Henry

Covington
08/30 A St. Henry
09/06 H Minster

Covington has 18 seniors and they think they'll be pretty good. I might pick FL if you're asking, but I'm not going to call it a done deal!
I didn't know that they had that many Juniors out last year...did they have a few more players go out this year?

I didn't know that they had that many Juniors out last year...did they have a few more players go out this year?
I just checked BuccsFootball.com and they had 18 Juniors on their roster last season. With that they only had 8 Seniors on roster, so it looks like they return a lot.

I just checked BuccsFootball.com and they had 18 Juniors on their roster last season. With that they only had 8 Seniors on roster, so it looks like they return a lot.
I thought they had more then a few sophmores playing last year too

TCN will be down this year and they have a tough schedule with a new coach. I would be shocked if they win 4. This new coach is what they need as he's the hard nosed type but they need to buy into his program and get more younger kids involved. As for the rest Arcanum and NT will be the sleeper teams and Bethel and ME will be my overhyped teams. Cov and FL should go 1 2 either or.

What is the future of the teams in this league once it folds? Are any of the smaller schools going to try 8-man football?

TCN will be down this year and they have a tough schedule with a new coach. I would be shocked if they win 4. This new coach is what they need as he's the hard nosed type but they need to buy into his program and get more younger kids involved. As for the rest Arcanum and NT will be the sleeper teams and Bethel and ME will be my overhyped teams. Cov and FL should go 1 2 either or.
Wow... you are right. I just looked at TCN's schedule and they do have a tough one this year. The 3 league teams TCN does not play this year are Bradford, Miss Valley and Tri Village. Those 3 games would all be winnable.

I do agree that ME could be overhyped this year. I don't think they will be as good as they have been, but still be good and only lose 2-3 conference games this year. I really know nothing about Bethel. I just know their enrollment is growing and they always seem to have athletes, with that said they should be atleast mid pack the next 2 years. I think another team that could be a wild card is Tri Village. That QB they had last year was very good and he was only a Freshman, I just don't know if they have anybody else that can help him.

What is the future of the teams in this league once it folds? Are any of the smaller schools going to try 8-man football?

Not really folding. They kicked out Miami East, Bethel, and Fort Loramie (and Covington left also). They are adding Dixie and Preble Shawnee. ME,Cov, and Bethel are joining 5 others in a new league (TRC)

Not really folding. They kicked out Miami East, Bethel, and Fort Loramie (and Covington left also). They are adding Dixie and Preble Shawnee. ME,Cov, and Bethel are joining 5 others in a new league (TRC)
That's interesting. Preble Shawnee is a Division V school. What is the benefit for them to play against a bunch of Division VII teams, unless they were looking for a league maybe?

Overall, this will probably be good for the CCC as a whole. Is it still going to be the CCC? And Ft. Loramie, they will be looking too. Interesting.

I will take try at it!!

1. Fort Loramie
2. Covington
3. Ansonia
4. East
5. Trail
6. North
7. Arcanum
8. Bethel
9. MV
10.TV
11. South
12. Bradford

That's interesting. Preble Shawnee is a Division V school. What is the benefit for them to play against a bunch of Division VII teams, unless they were looking for a league maybe?

Overall, this will probably be good for the CCC as a whole. Is it still going to be the CCC? And Ft. Loramie, they will be looking too. Interesting.
Since the schools left the CCC, they will not keep the league name. The new league name is Western Ohio Athletic Conference.

I'm not sure about Preble Shawnee, they must have been wanting to leave the SWBL. It does make sense to have the 4 Preble County schools together though (TVS, TCN, National Trail, Preble Shawnee), and also Dixie. As all of those schools are pretty close geographically.

As for the 8 man football. I think most of the schools will have pretty solid numbers for football besides Miss Valley and Bradford. Those schools always seem to be on the bubble of having a team. So I think it is a bit extreme to think the league will go to 8 man football, but those 2 schools could eventually fold their programs.

Shawnee isn’t a strong athletic school. Playing them over the last 20 years we have had our way most years.
They aren’t worried about playoffs there. They are focusing on rivalries and travel.
Shawnee might end up D6 before long.

You mean like Coldwater has been doing for years? They are the biggest school in the MAC and have been playing D6 ad D7 schools for years. Now you have a problem with Preble Shawnee doing it?

Speaking of Covington , see where Ouellette signed with the super bowl contending browns? He almost single handedly beat Marion local

Speaking of Covington , see where Ouellette signed with the super bowl contending browns? He almost single handedly beat Marion local
when did he sign with the super bowl contending Brownies....I thought he signed with another team a few months ago

Last enrollment numbers had Versailles with 167 boys and Coldwater with 147 boys.

As for Ouellette he was originally picked up by the Saints but they released him. I hope he can stick with the Browns. I think he should be able to help in some way. As a fullback or on special teams.

Just doing a little CalPreps research and if they are close to correct then Ft Loramie should walk through the CCC this year. Wow. are they loaded?

I'll throw my hat in the preseason rankings ring. I would count on the CCC being pretty similar to past seasons. I think you'll have a strong 2-3 teams for the league, a very weak bottom 3 teams in the league, and a jumbled group in the middle that are all fairly similar. Some of the scheduling is very unbalanced for certain teams, especially if you look at the OOC games. As mentioned above, TCN probably isn't the 9th team overall in the league, but record wise, they'll fall towards the bottom with that schedule. I'll go with:

1) Fort Loramie
2) Covington
3) Miami East
4) Ansonia
5) Bethel
6) National Trail
7) Twin Valley South
8) Arcanum
9) Tri-County North
10) Mississinawa Valley
11) Tri-Village
12) Bradford