Ross DI District Meet Winners

Here is the Ross DI District Winners going back to 1959. While the Mason District was originally referred to as the Oxford District, this meet was called the Cincinnati District meet and saw many site changes from Winton Woods, Fairfield, Princeton, Norwood and so on.

http://www.swotccca.com/Documents/Champions/District Winners - Ross D1 - Boys - 2019.pdf

Lancermania,

I'm afraid you have it backwards. The Ross meet is NOT the original meet started in 1923. That is the Mason meet. Ross was the original Oxford meet that started in 1959 at Trechter when the original Class AA meet at Trechter split into Cincinnati & what became the Oxford meet. The Ross meet moved north in 1960, and from there made many different stops that you mention above. The Mason meet is the continuation of the Class A meet dating back to 1923 that began in Oxford. The files show the sites of each of the meets throughout the years.

Lancermania,

I'm afraid you have it backwards. The Ross meet is NOT the original meet started in 1923. That is the Mason meet. Ross was the original Oxford meet that started in 1959 at Trechter when the original Class AA meet at Trechter split into Cincinnati & what became the Oxford meet. The Ross meet moved north in 1960, and from there made many different stops that you mention above. The Mason meet is the continuation of the Class A meet dating back to 1923 that began in Oxford. The files show the sites of each of the meets throughout the years.

Huh? Where do I say the Ross meet goes back to 1923?

Huh? Where do I say the Ross meet goes back to 1923?

You didn't say that. What you did say was that the Mason meet was originally called the "Oxford" district, which it was never called. The original 1923 meet was referred to as the Southwestern District meet of OHSAA. While it was held at Oxford by Miami U., it was never called the Oxford district. That distinction belonged to today's Ross meet some years ago.

I hope this clarifies things.

As a side note, there are a number of schools still competing today that were part of that original meet back in the 1923:
Class A - Withrow (called East High from 1919-1924), Hughes, Hamilton, Norwood, Middletown, Dayton Stivers, Piqua, Hillsboro, Greenville
Class B - Lockland, Franklin, Lebanon, Wyoming, Tipp City (then Tippecanoe City)
Numerous other schools have either closed or were consolidated into larger school districts during the great consolidation of the 1940s-1950s era.

You didn't say that. What you did say was that the Mason meet was originally called the "Oxford" district, which it was never called. The original 1923 meet was referred to as the Southwestern District meet of OHSAA. While it was held at Oxford by Miami U., it was never called the Oxford district. That distinction belonged to today's Ross meet some years ago.

I hope this clarifies things.

As a side note, there are a number of schools still competing today that were part of that original meet back in the 1923:
Class A - Withrow (called East High from 1919-1924), Hughes, Hamilton, Norwood, Middletown, Dayton Stivers, Piqua, Hillsboro, Greenville
Class B - Lockland, Franklin, Lebanon, Wyoming, Tipp City (then Tippecanoe City)
Numerous other schools have either closed or were consolidated into larger school districts during the great consolidation of the 1940s-1950s era.

Just to clarify things in my own mind, the meets called the Norwood District, Princeton District, and Fairfield District were all meets that used to be the Oxford District at Miami U and were precursors to the meet now called the Ross District.

Just to clarify things in my own mind, the meets called the Norwood District, Princeton District, and Fairfield District were all meets that used to be the Oxford District at Miami U and were precursors to the meet now called the Ross District.

Exactly! Your memory serves you very well!