Moeller Wins Chicagoland Summer Boys Basketball Showcase

It was discussed in another thread. I want to say he was close to 7'-0" tall and transferred from an in-state school.

I’m sure people it KY don’t like it. But, this is an Ohio message board.

Got it.....just referencing the seven footer not going to Moeller and instead going to Cov Cath. Good job being on top being on top of the posts and their origins.

The Cov Cath transfers are both students who are moving to the area from a different city due to parents taking new jobs---not quite the same as transferring from Roger Bacon, Northwest, or Mason as the most recent transfers have done for the re-load. So many different exceptions now it's hard to keep track---my feeling is if the parents actually re-locate to a new address then it's a good transfer--everything else is usually very sketchy.

The Cov Cath transfers are both students who are moving to the area from a different city due to parents taking new jobs---not quite the same as transferring from Roger Bacon, Northwest, or Mason as the most recent transfers have done for the re-load. So many different exceptions now it's hard to keep track---my feeling is if the parents actually re-locate to a new address then it's a good transfer--everything else is usually very sketchy.

I get the frustration, but realistically, the kids found Cov Cath, not the other way around. They didn’t drive out to BUFU Evansville to recruit some kid, nor did they set in motion the events that led to Horn becoming NKU’s HC.

The Starks kid waffled back and forth all Yr bw Moe and CC.

I get the frustration, but realistically, the kids found Cov Cath, not the other way around. They didn’t drive out to BUFU Evansville to recruit some kid, nor did they set in motion the events that led to Horn becoming NKU’s HC.

I think people are more referring to the transfers for Ohio schools rather than Cov Cath.

Exactly--Cov Cath (good solid program) gets 2 kids new to the area and the Starks kid hadn't begun HS yet so all 3 make complete sense:thumb:

I think people are more referring to the transfers for Ohio schools rather than Cov Cath.

It’s a two way street. Being extremely successful is going to draw the attention of the better basketball players in the city, especially those on bad teams. There’s rumors I’ve heard that are absolutely rules violations, but that’s all they are. Until someone gathers proof and actually has the balls to turn them in, they should stop complaining.

Moeller should just go and play the Mater Dei and Oak Hill Academy's of the world. It would give the players in this part of the country a cool opportunity.

Moeller should just go and play the Mater Dei and Oak Hill Academy's of the world. It would give the players in this part of the country a cool opportunity.

It would be a reality check for Moeller parents, relative, alumni and friends. The players already know.

They're not going to run the gamut, but they'd be competitive.

I would hope so just so Ohio looks pretty good. Have you ever went to the “Fly’n to the Hoop” high school showcase in Kettering on MLK weekend. Yes, Moe could be competitive and win, but some of those teams are loaded and well coached.

The prep schools and boarding schools that play in the flyin to the hoop Classic are really not a high school team. There is a reason they are not allowed to compete in their state playoffs. They can get kids from anywhere they want. They have no recruiting restrictions and are usually sponsored by a shoe company. The local public high school that is a true public school has to field a team with kids who live in their district. Apples and oranges.

The prep schools and boarding schools that play in the flyin to the hoop Classic are really not a high school team. There is a reason they are not allowed to compete in their state playoffs. They can get kids from anywhere they want. They have no recruiting restrictions and are usually sponsored by a shoe company. The local public high school that is a true public school has to field a team with kids who live in their district. Apples and oranges.

Sounds like Moeller to me. Maybe not the shoe deal (I think X football has a deal with Nike for apparel) but no recruiting restrictions and district transfers coming in from all over the city and maybe from out of state. Highly paid coaches.. yea that is Moeller. And expected by Moeller parents and alumni.

Last edited:
Sounds like Moeller to me. Maybe not the shoe deal (I think X football has a deal with Nike for apparel) but no recruiting restrictions and district transfers coming in from all over the city and maybe from out of state. Highly paid coaches.. yea that is Moeller. And expected by Moeller parents and alumni.

LOL. Low information left wing leaning progressive liberal cry room seeking safe space sheltering loon. Maybe even a millennial to boot. GBM

Moeller Basketball:

Nike pays them $1,000,000 a year
Moe recruits the entire U.S. with their large budget
Carl Kremer makes $500,000 a year
Alumni have weekly meeting demanding State Titles

I’d like to see Moeller schedule some of the big Indiana Power House schools like Pike, Ben Davis North Central and Lawrence North. The big Indianapolis city schools. Would be fun to see how they stack up. I know it’s hard to get Indiana schools to play out of state games in the past. Princeton with Bazely played New Albany, IN with Romeo Langford a few years back but in hoops it doesn’t happen often. Some real good ball played in the city of Indianapolis public schools though. I’ll also add in Bloomington North and South. And other great, consistent Indiana programs.

Don't know any specifics other then shoe companies are well represented at all high schools anymore, not just St. X or Moeller.

And for the record, St. X is an adidas school, so is LaSalle. Elder seems to have be an Under Armour school and Moeller is a Nike school.