Jim Jordan's denials?

This thread has turned pretty stupid. Further, this has nothing to do with politics, CNN, or any other news source. Sure, Jim Jordan is a highly partisan and polarizing figure BUT...

- This is not a fake story. It is real with plenty of evidence of wrongdoing.
- Jim Jordan knew what wrestlers were accusing this creep of. He was in the middle of it and denying that he ever heard accusations defies common sense and wreaks of bias. Simply put, he is lying.
- Even though he knew and heard athletes complain, he should not be held accountable. He was an assistant coach and in a situation where his superiors had the same knowledge. Trying to hold him accountable, especially decades later and subject to today's culture and awareness of abuse, is stupid. It was a different time and regardless of what people say, he was not in a real position of power relative to many others who were aware.

Regardless of whether you like him or hate him, he should not be a central figure in this story. He only is because of his controversial public profile and his implausible denial.

-

Lol.

It started out pretty stupid.

You're free to publicly call someone a liar without evidence, but it's still stupid.

You are right. I have no hard evidence. I’m just using common sense which unfortunately has gone out the window in this thread.

You are right. I have no hard evidence. I’m just using common sense which unfortunately has gone out the window in this thread.

Common sense dictates that a man is innocent until proven guilty beyond any reasonable doubt.

Common sense dictates that a man is innocent until proven guilty beyond any reasonable doubt.

First, he is neither innocent or guilty. The standard does not even apply because he has not been charged with anything. Second, in forming my opinion on what likely happened given what we all know, I have decided to use common sense and the duck rule. Others are free to believe his total denial of knowledge as implausible as it is. I will point out that in all his years in public life, he does not have most sterling record of truth.

Again, just because he knew of the accusations, does not mean he should or could have done anything. I do not believe he bares any responsibility. If people want to make him part of this story, I bet there are hundreds of others who were in equal or better positions to act.

First, he is neither innocent or guilty.

He is accused of covering up multiple sexual assaults and then lying about it. I believe he is innocent of both charges.

I don't believe he's made any comment about whether or not he knew the doctor was a , and even if he did, we had a parade here the other day that said there's nothing wrong with being a .

He is accused of covering up multiple sexual assaults and then lying about it. I believe he is innocent of both charges.

I don't believe he's made any comment about whether or not he knew the doctor was a , and even if he did, we had a parade here the other day that said there's nothing wrong with being a .

While I don't pretend to have read every account of this situation, I have never seen anything close to accusations that he covered up abuse. In order for him to do that, he would have had to take actions that would protect the physician.

The only reports I have seen is that he was aware that wrestlers made accusations of inappropriate behavior and he did not report it. Yes...I believe he heard and was aware of the accusations. I do not believe he is accountable or at fault for not reporting. As I said, I think the people he would have likely reported it to already knew.

So he failed to spread a rumor.

Good for him.[/QUOTE

Ok. At least we have established that he very likely knew of the accusations. That is my point. Now we just need to work on the fact that it was equally likely that the doctor did in fact engage in inappropriate sexual behavior and it was not just a rumor. Again, use the common sense and duck rule.

Now we just need to work on the fact that it was equally likely that the doctor did in fact engage in inappropriate sexual behavior and it was not just a rumor.

Good luck with that.

Oh, the charge is criminal sexual assault...not the sugar coated "inappropriate sexual behavior."

If you want to ruin a man's life, at least look him in the eye when you do it.

Jordan Assistant Coach -Low Man on Totem Pole
Superiors knew as much as him
Everybody Knew the Doctor was Queer
Wrestlers wanted Jordan to Champion their cause only because he is famous politician
Jordan did not cooperate with them because he was being used politically
They threw him under the bus to gain attention
He carefully crafted his answers (he did not lie but he knew their was queer dr.)
They didn't need him
Jordan doesn't miss a step in politics - wrestlers win
People's opinion on Jordan's role is purely political - left hang him / right give me a break.
Peace !

Jordan Assistant Coach -Low Man on Totem Pole
Superiors knew as much as him
Everybody Knew the Doctor was Queer
Wrestlers wanted Jordan to Champion their cause only because he is famous politician
Jordan did not cooperate with them because he was being used politically
They threw him under the bus to gain attention
He carefully crafted his answers (he did not lie but he knew their was queer dr.)
They didn't need him
Jordan doesn't miss a step in politics - wrestlers win
People's opinion on Jordan's role is purely political - left hang him / right give me a break.
Peace !

Pretty close to right on. Time to close the thread.

Not really.

He missed the part where you and others said JJ was a bald faced liar.

Please make a note of this.

First, I don't agree that he just chose his words carefully. His denial of any knowledge of misconduct is pretty clear. Second, you don't need to use this example as evidence of him lying. He established that long ago in many instances. There is a pile of video evidence exposing his challenges with the truth. I have no issue with Jim Jordan, but to say he is truthful just does not align with facts.

Second, you don't need to use this example as evidence of him lying. He established that long ago in many instances. There is a pile of video evidence exposing his challenges with the truth.

Please provide one instance, because you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Please provide one instance, because you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

I suggest you just use google if you need examples but if you just want want a super recent one how about him saying on national TV that he never heard Trump tell single lie. That about sums up his relationahip with truth.

I suggest you just use google if you need examples but if you just want want a super recent one how about him saying on national TV that he never heard Trump tell single lie. That about sums up his relationahip with truth.

Typical.

You people scream liar a bunch, but when challenged you always fall short of actually providing any real evidence.

This case is dismissed.

Typical.

You people scream liar a bunch, but when challenged you always fall short of actually providing any real evidence.

This case is dismissed.

Lack of evidence? LOL. Sorry about the inconvenient facts.

Last edited:
How about we talk about 60,000 missing emails

????? What does that have to do with anything related to this thread? As a reminder, this is about whether Jim Jordan bares any responsibility for inaction in the OSU abuse scandal and if his denial about knowledge of inappropriate conduct is plausible.

You haven't presented any, but your opinion is duly noted.

OK. I would think that this is readily available and generally accepted BUT...
Jim Jordan in his own words and on video saying he has never heard the president lie.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/04/17/rep-jim-jordan-comey-trump-lies-sot-ac.cnn

Now...do I have hard evidence that he was aware of the Strauss accusations? I don’t but I have said repeatedly that I am using common sense in forming my opinion. On the other hand, we know for a fact that Jim Jordan lies on other subjects as evidenced by by this video.

OK. I would think that this is readily available and generally accepted BUT...
Jim Jordan in his own words and on video saying he has never heard the president lie.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/04/17/rep-jim-jordan-comey-trump-lies-sot-ac.cnn

Now...do I have hard evidence that he was aware of the Strauss accusations? I don’t but I have said repeatedly that I am using common sense in forming my opinion. On the other hand, we know for a fact that Jim Jordan lies on other subjects as evidenced by by this video.

Agreed about jordan lying. Has for years.

06-22-19 3:44 pm
Gulliotine builds a case.

Please...there's no case to build. That's the point.

You either believe Jim is a liar, or you don't.

The problem with the haters though, is that they believe he lied about a crime.

That level of delusion is dangerous, as evidenced by the persistence of his detractors in this thread.

They have no idea what they're mad about, but by golly it's serious.

Yeah, you realize that's not a lie, right?

It's a verbal contortion, and I hope he warmed up before he stretched, but in the wide world of gotcha interviews, that wasn't even a 5 yard penalty.

Yeah, you realize that's not a lie, right?

It's a verbal contortion, and I hope he warmed up before he stretched, but in the wide world of gotcha interviews, that wasn't even a 5 yard penalty.

A verbal contortion....a gotcha interview? “Have you ever heard the president lie?” “No, I have not.” In fact, he was asked 3 times. If that is not a lie, then there is no such thing as lying. BTW...There are at least another have dozen examples but that is pointless at this stage. Must be a heck of a fantasy land you live in.