Max Grumbleman

A few Buckeyes are playing this weekend in this new pro league:
- Chase Farris - Atlanta
- Tracy Sprinkle - Atlanta
- Doran Grant - Atlanta
- Jalin Marshall - Orlando
- Marcus Baugh - San Diego
Ohio State Buckeyes in AAF

Jalin Marshall...talk about a guy with talent who left college prematurely! A league like this will be very good for a guy like him.

The question i have is are there going to be enough of good quarterbacks around to play in these leagues?

I think the idea of doing a revised version of what the old NBA did where you had some type of preference or advantage to signing a player that had geographic ties that are close to that city. For example an OH team may have had preference on any OSU player (in or out of state), played highschool ball in the area etc. It would probably help drive attendance for a start up league like this

One thing that I liked was how fast they put the ball back into play after a FG. The other team got the ball at the 25 and started their series. No kickoff and no commercial break.

Maybe this will push the NFL to put a better product out there instead of milking every possible penny out of commercials.

Honestly didn't know about this till I saw a promo on the NFL network yesterday. That is an awesome hit ,and looked legal, but likely would have been flagged in the NFL (because the ref saw a helmet fly off)

wasn't terrible . SA QB was solid. They need to keep having games sat nights but I think they are just sundays at 4 on cbssports which will limit viewers.

That QB got smoked. One of the hardest hits on a QB ever, behind the Lions destroying mike tomczack.

The question i have is are there going to be enough of good quarterbacks around to play in these leagues?

I think the idea of doing a revised version of what the old NBA did where you had some type of preference or advantage to signing a player that had geographic ties that are close to that city. For example an OH team may have had preference on any OSU player (in or out of state), played highschool ball in the area etc. It would probably help drive attendance for a start up league like this

They already are doing this. College players from the Florida schools are assigned to Orlando. Georgia and Georgia tech plus smaller Georgia schools etc go to Atlanta.

There's an article out there showing colleges that are allocated to the 8 teams. Also each of the 8 have 4 NFL teams allocated to them

Here's one link for the colleges

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/pla...f-filling-the-rosters-g5-college-ncaa-cfb-fcs

They are colleges close to or somewhat in the footprint. Teams like Ohio state well away from all 8 schools aren't allocated to any team

I'm cheering for Orlando because Florida Atlantic and Florida State players are allocated there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Two games today at 2 and 4. Earlier game on CBSSN, later game on NFL Network.

Next week there will be two on Saturday at 2 and 4 on TNT and NFL Network and 2 on Sunday at 4 and 8 on CBSSN and NFL Network. Looks like the night games are all on NFLN going forward.

wasn't terrible . SA QB was solid. They need to keep having games sat nights but I think they are just sundays at 4 on cbssports which will limit viewers.

That QB got smoked. One of the hardest hits on a QB ever, behind the Lions destroying mike tomczack.

There are some games on NFL network , TNT , cbs and cbs sports NFL network has one next Saturday night too

Bleacher report live is doing one of the four games in weeks 3-10. The other theee games will be on regular tv channels

I will add that I think this league can make it. There are no delusions. It's being marketed as an NFL feeder league It has many ex players, execs and coaches with NFL or high level college experience

Bill Polian even mentioned wanting the NFL alliliation. NFL network and such helps. Plus he said in the future maybe practice squad type players can be loaned to the league for experience

You also have to look at academically ineligible players or scandal type players in college. Maybe they can rehabilitate themselves in a league like this

I can't see the xfl type one working but this can

And if they expand , you could see indoor teams in Detroit or Indy or St. Louis to avoid frigid temps in February along with Oakland types getting team

I realize xfl has St. Louis but I think that is bound to fail

They already are doing this. College players from the Florida schools are assigned to Orlando. Georgia and Georgia tech plus smaller Georgia schools etc go to Atlanta.

There's an article out there showing colleges that are allocated to the 8 teams. Also each of the 8 have 4 NFL teams allocated to them

Here's one link for the colleges

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/pla...f-filling-the-rosters-g5-college-ncaa-cfb-fcs

They are colleges close to or somewhat in the footprint. Teams like Ohio state well away from all 8 schools aren't allocated to any team

I'm cheering for Orlando because Florida Atlantic and Florida State players are allocated there

Thanka for sharing that. very smart of them

Tv ratings have been pretty good from what I have seen

They will take a HUGE drop going forward with their limited distribution.

I am not sure why CBS doesn't carry a Saturday night game each week to bring this to the masses. Hell, many people will stumble along it on a network channel that almost everyone gets.

I am happy with it. I liked the salary structure, and how the whole defense gets a bonus on a turnover! I think that will keep teams focused in even during a blowout. Sorta like the ole CBA or whatever that gave points to winning a qtr so even in a blowout you could still gain a point by winning a QTR

Memphis improved despite Hackenberg being a horrifically bad QB. San Antonio-Orlando was a great game. Atlanta-San Diego wasn't that great. Downpour, Legends aren't that good, and San Diego isn't much better. But an entertaining game regardless.

All 4 this weekend were at least worth the time to watch them at minimum.

I saw Trent Richardson had a good game. He should be well rested!

I also saw a great pic of him in behind a group of linemen with a huge hole to his left he had failed to see with a caption to the effect as to why he was not in the NFL. He is the kind of guy who could get a look as a result of the league.

trent-richardson-081615-twitter-ftr_ivye17msljjn1uwyva1w18aat.png

Last edited:
A few Buckeyes are playing this weekend in this new pro league:
- Chase Farris - Atlanta
- Tracy Sprinkle - Atlanta
- Doran Grant - Atlanta
- Jalin Marshall - Orlando
- Marcus Baugh - San Diego
Ohio State Buckeyes in AAF

Jalin Marshall...talk about a guy with talent who left college prematurely! A league like this will be very good for a guy like him.

Also Austin Appleby from North Canton Hoover (Purdue/Florida) is on Orlando's roster.

Yeah, Jalin seems to be doing well. Maybe this will get him back in the NFL. Who broadcasts these games?

AAF says because they changed banks that the payroll was late.

I have heard that excuse before!

Very disappointing to hear they had that trouble and to be honest, I think could make people lose interest as to why invest time watching and money going if they are already having issues in week 2

Most startups run tight margins, and the AAF is both a sport startup and tech startup. It would not be surprising if they needed a cash influx. Still, I doubt they were in much financial trouble. Their payroll for the entire season is like $33m with total expenses somewhere around $75m. I believe they said earlier that they were funded for at least 3 full seasons, so unless they burned money somehow, the going narrative seems unlikely. It also seems unlikely that a billionaire is going to throw $250m at a league that's struggling to make payroll 2 weeks in.