2018 Cleveland Browns

Both those QB's gotta stay healthy. From what I've heard of Mayfield, he may turn out to be A LOT more than many expected. Have heard he's kind of a Peyton Manning-like QB savant.

They really missed Kirksey. From his on field leadership to his solid tackling to his ability in pass coverage, he is their most solid LB. Ogbah was a real disappointment. He went from an excuse not to draft Chubb to a non-factor in a season. Jamie Collins can be on his way. It will be nice to be rid of his attention deficit and contract off the books.

It's nice to be talking draft at the end of the season instead of at the beginning of October like we usually are as Browns fans. A playmaking LB would be nice, but I am not sure what is in the draft.

I was high on Schobert but he got exposed yesterday. They need another run stuffer, a replacement for Ogbah and clean the slate on the LB's....replace them ALL.

Still high on Schobert. It's one game. The Ravens have been exposing a lot of people the 2nd half of the season.

Conspiracy theory: Brady has diminishing skills, Belichik has unfinished business in Cleveland, Browns have a young superstar QB...welcome back to the Land coach.

Conspiracy theory: Brady has diminishing skills, Belichik has unfinished business in Cleveland, Browns have a young superstar QB...welcome back to the Land coach.

Wow, wouldn't that be something.

I think Shobert is serviceable. He's not a star but he is adequate and the team certainly has more pressing needs.

Both those QB's gotta stay healthy. From what I've heard of Mayfield, he may turn out to be A LOT more than many expected. Have heard he's kind of a Peyton Manning-like QB savant.

Health, of course, is always a concern but those two are generational talents and there is no reason to think they wont be still slinging it in 10 years.

The issue will become.......$$$. When their rookie deals are up will they command too much of the cap to keep pieces around to give them legit SB shots each year?

Always forget about Luck, but he will be 30 early next season already so I am thinking 5-6 years maybe but Indy hasn't always done a great job of filling in around him with his monster deal. They are going to have to hit in the draft.

Not really a conspiracy theory. This has been making the rounds for awhile now. The Hoodie has always said he hated how it ended in Cleveland. The local media, especially that a-hole Grossi, treated him like d!cks.

Speaking of horrible media, anyone see dumbarse MKC's headline that she lead off with after the game?

Not really a conspiracy theory. This has been making the rounds for awhile now. The Hoodie has always said he hated how it ended in Cleveland. The local media, especially that a-hole Grossi, treated him like d!cks.

Speaking of horrible media, anyone see dumbarse MKC's headline that she lead off with after the game?

I couldn't find it. What was the headline? In fairness, rarely does the reporter doesn't write the headline. Or are you talking about her lead?

I couldn't find it. What was the headline? In fairness, rarely does the reporter doesn't write the headline. Or are you talking about her lead?

It said something to the effect of "Baker Mayfield throws 3 interceptions in Browns 26-24 loss to the Ravens."

She deleted it and came up with a new title. Nothing about breaking the rookie TD record or being only one of two QB's to throw for 300 yards ( twice) against Baltimore.

Her and Grossi are the worst. She's probably still salty that she lost her "source" who got fired and is now in Cincy.

I was high on Schobert but he got exposed yesterday. They need another run stuffer, a replacement for Ogbah and clean the slate on the LB's....replace them ALL.

Tough game for Schobert, he played like the tOSU LBs have this year. Part of the problem though is that the DL did not do a good job of clogging up the running lanes on those dive plays and the LBs were getting caught up in the wash. Tackling yet again though is a concern, especially in the secondary. They just don't have the physical presence back there need in the new NFL.

Really wish they could grab LSU LB Devin White in the draft but he will probably be gone by the time they pick. Also Browns fans should watch the National Title game as both ILBs on the field have potential late 1st earl 2nd round grades. I do hope the Browns do not grab Dremont Jones or Ed Olliver in the first round, I think they are too small to play DT in the NFL. Not sure what Dexter Lawrence's draft status is w/ a failed drug test but he may now slip into the middle of the 2nd round, might be a good flyer to take at that time.

Tough game for Schobert, he played like the tOSU LBs have this year. Part of the problem though is that the DL did not do a good job of clogging up the running lanes on those dive plays and the LBs were getting caught up in the wash. Tackling yet again though is a concern, especially in the secondary. They just don't have the physical presence back there need in the new NFL.

Really wish they could grab LSU LB Devin White in the draft but he will probably be gone by the time they pick. Also Browns fans should watch the National Title game as both ILBs on the field have potential late 1st earl 2nd round grades. I do hope the Browns do not grab Dremont Jones or Ed Olliver in the first round, I think they are too small to play DT in the NFL. Not sure what Dexter Lawrence's draft status is w/ a failed drug test but he may now slip into the middle of the 2nd round, might be a good flyer to take at that time.

They need terrorizing LB's and I don't think they have one on the roster. Schobert is the QB of the defense and he's serviceable. Collins is trash and Kirksey is a JAG.

On their front 4, Garrett is underachieving because of what surrounds him. Ogunjobi is good. Ogbah is trash and, in hindsight, they probably should've kept Nassib over him for at least this year. Coley is also a JAG. If they get a legit DE and an interior guy to collapse the pocket, I think Myles could be a 20 sack guy.

Biggest fear is that they bring in some clown like McCarthy, who runs a 3-4, and they have to overhaul the roster again. Think Jason Fisk at NT in the 3-4 back awhile ago.

The AFC will be the Browns/Chiefs division for the next decade plus.

Still not sold on the Ravens offense. Teams just need to dust off their defense against the wildcat and teams should be able to slow em down next year unless he starts winning games with his arm

Eventually Lamar Jackson will get hurt with this kind of usage. It’s not a great long term plan for them

That made the rounds right after the draft of Mayfield, and might be the only job he'd take aside from the Giants, but picture BB and Dorsey at draft time.....

Not happening, but Bill might take the Packers job and horn out the current GM, but would never be hired by that GM. I could see him enjoying being townie #1 in a city-owned scenario, but it would take a mutiny among the city fathers to get him on board.

Wow, wouldn't that be something.

I think Shobert is serviceable. He's not a star but he is adequate and the team certainly has more pressing needs.

He's a pro and will be a great help transitioning a college Mike to the NFL game. Has limitations and strengths, and I hope he stays around. I'm afraid he can't be "the guy in the middle", though.

Bill could do this city a great service by shoe-horning those two intrenched turds out of our football punch bowl. I'd love to watch him ignore and/or diminish the arrogant Grossi and the inept MKC.

The excitement around Mayfield makes this a good town for aspiring football reporters on their way to the big city. Great stop-over. Hopefully the PD et al get sick of those two tired voices.

Moving away from the coaching search and any more discussion about Baker Mayfield, who do you think was the most surprising player and most disappointing, based on expectation or previous performance? For me:

Most surprising: Higgins. Close second: Robinson
Most disappointing: Ogbah

Last edited:
Moving away from the coaching search and any more discussion about Baker Mayfield, who do you think was the most surprising player and most disappointing, based on expectation or previous performance? For me:

Most surprising: Higgins. Close second: Robinson
Most disappointing: Ogbah

Most surprising: Terrance Mitchell. I think he makes the Pro Bowl if he doesn't break his wrist. Browns might have that shutdown corner even if Ward can't shake the injury bug. Close second: Breshard Perriman: a late arrival who suddenly gives the Browns a deep threat and might make them look elsewhere for positions of need in the draft.

Most disappointing: Jamie Collins. A free-lancer and a check-casher. Will be keenly disappointed if he is still on the roster in 2019.