The Ohio State Buckeyes Basketball - 2018-2019

Man coaching makes a world of difference for the Buckeyes. Matta seemed to be a great recruiter but lackluster at developing that talent. Holtmann has his guys focused. Gotta be ranked now.

Man coaching makes a world of difference for the Buckeyes. Matta seemed to be a great recruiter but lackluster at developing that talent. Holtmann has his guys focused. Gotta be ranked now.

Only in the tail end of his career and even then he had developed Tate and Bates-Diop into above average Big10 level players.

There's a lot of undefeated and on e-loss teams still. Not yet a marquee win on OSU's schedule yet or did I miss one?

Those two wins are probably better than what most teams have at this point. I don't think they're really on anybody's radar yet due to the preseason media expectations being so low for this year.

Next Wednesday they should be 6-0 with Syracuse coming to the Schott. With a win I'd expect them to shoot up into the top-20 at that point.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

There's a lot of undefeated and on e-loss teams still. Not yet a marquee win on OSU's schedule yet or did I miss one?

Tough OOC roadies at any decent programs are data points when it comes to the tournament committee. Remember this was a program that was looking at the NIT at the start of the season, now if they go .500 and hit 20+ wins in what looks like a very under valued pre-season B1G could mean a 8 or 9 seed.

Buckeyes pull away to beat Samford 68-50.

Multiple starters were benched due to being late for game prep and Samford took a 3 point lead into halftime. Didn't matter in the 2nd half though. Kaleb Wesson and Keyshawn Woods led the way with 19 and 14 points respectively.

Up Next: Cleveland State at sold out St. John Arena on Friday.

Tough OOC roadies at any decent programs are data points when it comes to the tournament committee. Remember this was a program that was looking at the NIT at the start of the season, now if they go .500 and hit 20+ wins in what looks like a very under valued pre-season B1G could mean a 8 or 9 seed.

Creighton just won on the road at Clemson, ranked #16...I believe.

Excited watching the Buckeyes play this year. Looking like they are picking up right where they left off last year being ranked number 16 as of the newest rankings.

Excited watching the Buckeyes play this year. Looking like they are picking up right where they left off last year being ranked number 16 as of the newest rankings.

As of a couple days ago, OSU was ranked #1 in the new metric the NCAA developed to replace RPI. Are they better than Duke? Of course not, but it’s nice to see them highly regarded for their efforts thus far.

The Orange are in town,see how Coach breaks down the Zone defense which I enjoy watching.

The Gophers not much of a test but the bench got some PT,every team seems to have a HUGE front court.

Chris Holtman has been an amazing hire at Ohio State. Such a good move by Gene Smith, to not let the program go all the way into the tank before making a move. Kudos!

Buckeyes to play West Virginia next season at The Q in Cleveland. They also have home games with Cincinnati, play Kentucky in Vegas and will face quality teams in the Big Ten/ACC challenge and the Gavitt Games (Big East). I like that much better than the old Thad Matta cupcake OOC schedules.

Buckeyes to play West Virginia next season at The Q in Cleveland. They also have home games with Cincinnati, play Kentucky in Vegas and will face quality teams in the Big Ten/ACC challenge and the Gavitt Games (Big East). I like that much better than the old Thad Matta cupcake OOC schedules.

The Tom Izzo approach. Load up to start the year.