Cadet Bone Spurs

Happygoluckky

Tammy Duckworth comments on Trump...

"I will not be lectured about what our military needs by a five-deferment draft dodger.”
“And I have a message for cadet bone spurs: If you cared about our military, you'd stop baiting Kim Jong Un into a war that could put 85,000 American troops, and millions of innocent civilians, in danger."

"I will not be lectured about what our military needs by a five-deferment draft dodger.”
“And I have a message for cadet bone spurs: If you cared about our military, you'd stop baiting Kim Jong Un into a war that could put 85,000 American troops, and millions of innocent civilians, in danger."

Now you are just trolling, but I suspect that is what you and BJF have been doing all along...

Funny isn't it? It is always the spoiled rotten rich kids who have never spilled an ounce of sweat or blood for this country who are the first to hawk war or play military.

You want to know what a partisan is? The same folks who blasted Bill Clinton for his deferments but refuse to do the same when their guy is in office.

I blasted both. Five deferments. Embarrassing.

I would suggest to Tammy that Trump is the least responsible of the previous President's for putting American troops at the mercy of North Korea. That honor falls directly on the shoulders of both democrat & republican administrations who over the last 40 years have sat on their hands as a maniacal regime has systematically developed a BALLISTIC nuclear arsenal.

But special recognition must be given to the Clinton & Obama administrations, who through their reactive appeasement of every North Korean move has left the current POTUS the terrible challenge he now faces. The fact that the American homeland now faces the threat of a North Korean nuclear strike is primarily the fault of presidents Obama & Clinton.

Oh and Tammy, it doen't matter who the messenger is that is lecturing you on our military needs. Rather than playing the man maybe you should focus on whether the shutdown is hurting our military. Because while you're throwing cheap shots at Trump have you considered that what he says is true? Because everything that I have heard from MILITARY folks currently serving is that the shutdown is hurting them.

hey Happy, who is Tammy Duckworth??

Since he IS President, it kind of is his position to "lecture" on military needs and being a war casualty doesn't mean she gets a non-critical listen. But the point about "baiting" is well served. Even if it can be presumed the President has a goal pertinent to the country's welfare as opposed to his own ego, if that goal is not clear to the country, it's not good leadership. It's frightening and disruptive.

Funny isn't it? It is always the spoiled rotten rich kids who have never spilled an ounce of sweat or blood for this country who are the first to hawk war or play military.

You want to know what a partisan is? The same folks who blasted Bill Clinton for his deferments but refuse to do the same when their guy is in office.

I blasted both. Five deferments. Embarrassing.

I didn't realize Bill Clinton was a spoiled rich kid- was under the impression his beginnings in Hope Arkansas were pretty humble?

I believe four of Trump's deferments were, as mine were, for attending college. In the fifth year,, after I graduated, I was nabbed by my local draft board. When I was called for my phyisical, we were divided into groups of ten. When the NCO who was running the physical asked us if any of us had a letter from our local doctor, said letter presumably saying that for some reason we were unfit for military service, I was the only one of the ten who did not have a letter. I guess Trump's doctor provided him with such a letter.

If she's pro-draft,she's a piece of un-American garbage.

Agreed!!

The reality is that millions of young men did NOT want to go to Vietnam and for good reason. It's not like it is today. During the most deadly portions of that war, some of the U.S. soldiers on the front lines had an average survival time of 7 weeks. There's a difference between serving your country and being suicidal. And after all these years when we now know her fellow Democrat LBJ (who they never ever talk about) faked the Gulf of Tonkin incident, she still wants to get into the gutter. Sad!

So much for "when they go low we go high." What is the point of this trashy bone spurs comment? Duckworth and Trump have some common ground on military issues (both wanted to see funding to Syrian rebels revoked, and Trump ultimately did that) so I don't see the point in destroying any possibility of a working relationship. Would she rather go back to McCain/Bush/Hillary/Obama who never saw a war they didn't love? Kim Jong Un is not going to start a nuclear war because Trump called him rocketman. Trump even scaled down the US/South Korean military exercises to avoid provoking the North Koreans!

Agreed!!

The reality is that millions of young men did NOT want to go to Vietnam and for good reason. It's not like it is today. During the most deadly portions of that war, some of the U.S. soldiers on the front lines had an average survival time of 7 weeks. There's a difference between serving your country and being suicidal. And after all these years when we now know her fellow Democrat LBJ (who they never ever talk about) faked the Gulf of Tonkin incident, she still wants to get into the gutter. Sad!

So much for "when they go low we go high." What is the point of this trashy bone spurs comment? Duckworth and Trump have some common ground on military issues (both wanted to see funding to Syrian rebels revoked, and Trump ultimately did that) so I don't see the point in destroying any possibility of a working relationship. Would she rather go back to McCain/Bush/Hillary/Obama who never saw a war they didn't love? Kim Jong Un is not going to start a nuclear war because Trump called him rocketman. Trump even scaled down the US/South Korean military exercises to avoid provoking the North Koreans!

We also know that LBJ raided Social Security to pay for the war that he started under dubious circumstances.

We also know that LBJ raided Social Security to pay for the war that he started under dubious circumstances.

You can't "raid" SS, until 1985 or so it was treated as a regular source of income by the government. After that the government still had access to the funds, they just had to provide special low interest bonds to account for the money taken.

Nobody wanted to serve in Vietnam after 1966 or so. College deferments were the most common way out. I assume thats what Trump did, as did my older brother. No shame in that it was a sh** war. Really? Blaming Trump for the situation in NK? Takes a lot of BS to do that.

The draft as we are talking about concerning Trump was started in 1940 and has not been used since 1973. So it is quite possible that this could or might just because of how old we draft eligible people are getting be the last President that draft dodging and deferments can and will be brought up and talked about. I find it funny that most people on here who are taking about this never had to face the draft. Never got a letter in their fourth year of college that said guess what whether you graduate or not your four year deferment is up and come June your backside is ours. I got such a letter. So don't tell me how I felt at that time or how I should have reacted. It is like many thing that happen in this life unless you experience it you have no real knowledge of how it feels.

Last edited:
The draft as we are talking about concerning Trump was started in 1940 and has not been used since 1973. So it is quite possible that this could or might just because of how old we draft eligible people are getting be the last President that draft dodging and deferments can and will be brought up and talked about. I find it funny that most people on here who are taking about this never had to face the draft. Never got a letter in their fourth year of college that said guess what whether you graduate or not your four year deferment is up and come June your backside is ours. I got such a letter. So don't tell me how I felt at that time or how I should have reacted. It is like many thing that happen in this life unless you experience it you have no real knowledge of how it feels.

Greetings from The President of the United States....

57202071.Inductionletter.jpg

i.e. Not mine but this is what it looks like!!! :(

:>---

SALT

Nobody wanted to serve in Vietnam after 1966 or so. College deferments were the most common way out. I assume thats what Trump did, as did my older brother. No shame in that it was a sh** war. Really? Blaming Trump for the situation in NK? Takes a lot of BS to do that.

I do not think she is blaming him for North Korea. She is blaming him for escalating the tension by tweeting immature insults to the NK Dictator. Also, I think she is annoyed by the use of troops as political pawns. (which both sides routinely do)

A lot of people did it back then. No one wanted to get shipped overseas to possibly die. If I had the means I probably would've got a deferment to go to college. Neither side can claim victory here because both sides of the aisle did it. Here is just a small list of the people who did get deferments:

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Muhammad Ali
Joe Biden
Michael Bloomberg
GW Bush
Dick Cheney
Tom Clancy
Bill Clinton
Howard Dean
Mike DeWine
Steve Forbes
Al Franken
Al Gore
Lee Greenwood (Proud to be an American)
Stephen King
Dan Quayle
Mitt Romney
Bruce Springsteen
Sylvester Stallone
Jon Stossel
Donald Trump
Stephen Tyler

I do not think she is blaming him for North Korea. She is blaming him for escalating the tension by tweeting immature insults to the NK Dictator. Also, I think she is annoyed by the use of troops as political pawns. (which both sides routinely do)

First off, as ex military she should be aware that Trump's taunts of the NK leader are almost certainly part of a larger PSYOP's operation. They have all the earmarks of one according to people in the know who have spoken out on the matter. And again if she is so concerned about the safety of our troops on the Korean peninsula she needs to aim some of her venom at Clinton & Obama who did nothing while the NK's developed their nukes. The same nukes that would slaughter 30,000 American soldiers in the opening moments of a war.

As far as using the troops for political purposes, in this case that's hogwash. The ONE thing that makes government shutdowns unconscionable is their effect on the military. This is the one responsibility that government has that it must deliver. The dems insistence on placing the want's & needs of illegal migrants above that of our armed services and American security is shameful.

First off, as ex military she should be aware that Trump's taunts of the NK leader are almost certainly part of a larger PSYOP's operation. They have all the earmarks of one according to people in the know who have spoken out on the matter. And again if she is so concerned about the safety of our troops on the Korean peninsula she needs to aim some of her venom at Clinton & Obama who did nothing while the NK's developed their nukes. The same nukes that would slaughter 30,000 American soldiers in the opening moments of a war.
This is Bull. His twitter is impulsive.

I didn't realize Bill Clinton was a spoiled rich kid- was under the impression his beginnings in Hope Arkansas were pretty humble?

Probably talking about the other Clinton, the one that ran against the current President, who would have no room to talk.

A lot of people did it back then. No one wanted to get shipped overseas to possibly die. If I had the means I probably would've got a deferment to go to college. Neither side can claim victory here because both sides of the aisle did it. Here is just a small list of the people who did get deferments:

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Muhammad Ali
Joe Biden
Michael Bloomberg
GW Bush
Dick Cheney
Tom Clancy
Bill Clinton
Howard Dean
Mike DeWine
Steve Forbes
Al Franken
Al Gore
Lee Greenwood (Proud to be an American)
Stephen King
Dan Quayle
Mitt Romney
Bruce Springsteen
Sylvester Stallone
Jon Stossel
Donald Trump
Stephen Tyler

You can add the name of every male age 18 to 26 who went to college during that time. Unless they were classified 4F already.

First off, as ex military she should be aware that Trump's taunts of the NK leader are almost certainly part of a larger PSYOP's operation.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

He's doing wonders for the psychology of those who would be harmed by provoking a nut-job, who has guns and missles at his command.

So what should we do sent him money to try and buy him off? Oh wait! We have tried that several times and it does not seemed to have worked. Maybe we should just sit by quietly and wait until he pushes the button (be it smaller than ours)?

Now have you thought about it? Now tell us what we should be doing that will work, because telling us what to do and not know if is going to is just as bad as saying what are now doing is wrong and not know if it will work or is working.