This Year's Flu Is Nasty And Getting Worse. And Now Democrats Shut Down The CDC.

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
With the government shut down, a difficult situation becomes worse. Most of the CDC staff will be forced to sit on their hands when they could be working — many of them want to work, but they won't be allowed to. What's especially frustrating (and wasteful) is that the U.S. will almost certainly pay all federal employees for this forced time off, as it did in previous shutdowns.

Read more:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/steven...-and-now-weve-shut-down-the-cdc/#42c645a71144

Still blaming the democrats for when not even all Republicans voted yes :laugh: classic Yappi

95% of Republicans voted to keep the government running.
95% of Democrats voted to shut the government down.

Nothing but political grandstanding. you want to fund the military, vote for the funding bill.

The first time ever the government has shut down with 1 party controlling all branches of government — but it’s the Dems’ fault!!!! :laugh:

The first time ever the government has shut down with 1 party controlling all branches of government — but it’s the Dems’ fault!!!! :laugh:

Liberals have a real issue understanding procedure.....60 votes in the Senate, Electoral College, so on

The same CDC that fuc*ed up their projections for the which strain of flu would be the dominant one this season? The same one whose vaccine was only 10% effective?

Shoot, what will we do without them?

The same CDC that fuc*ed up their projections for the which strain of flu would be the dominant one this season? The same one whose vaccine was only 10% effective?

Shoot, what will we do without them?

This^ is pretty much an annual occurrence. The rebuttal is always, "We don't know how bad the inoculated strain could have been...."

Even a vaccine's manufacture is probably awarded to the low bidder.

60 VOTES!!!!! what does Daca have to do with the BUDGET

Nothing at all :shrug:

When the Founding Fathers envisioned the kind of deal-making created by Senate procedural rules, it would probably have been considered too cheap and classless for a partisan Bill (Durbin's 2001 Dream Act) that has failed multiple times over 5 Presidential terms and was finally enacted as "fiat legislation" by Presidential over-reach to hold Federal operations funding hostage.

IIRC, the 'Pubs were the first to pull this shut-down gambit, though.......anyone able to clarify ?

Following my doctor's recommendation I get a flu shot. But I'm over 60.

And from what I've been told by some nurses I know, this years flu vaccine missed the mark.

:laugh: @ Yappi changing the article headline to fit his agenda. Actual headline:

This Year's Flu Is Nasty And Getting Worse. And Now We've Shut Down The CDC.

Talk about part of the problem.

:laugh: @ Yappi changing the article headline to fit his agenda. Actual headline:

Reflecting reality is part of the problem?

Does anyone here actually get a flu shot each year?

I've gotten the shot three times that I can think of, but they've been scattered. I'm more worried about getting colds and sinus infections. I wash my hands a lot more, and push doors open with my elbow, stuff like that.

The CDC doesn't actually do anything useful.

The flu "vaccine" doesn't even work. Prevents like 20% of flu cases while causing flu-like symptoms in a far higher number of people. They claim it "helps lessen symptoms" but have no data to prove it. I eat healthy and exercise. Feelings great.

Not sure where your finding a problem with the heading on this thread. I assume the original headline was written by a member of the media? Members of the media are generally liberal democrats, yes? The Democrats are responsible for the shutdown, so the author inserted "We have shut down the CDC to properly assign responsibility for the shut down.

So yappi just cut past all those steps and stated more clearly who shut down the CDC.

I do get a flu shot every year due to a heart condition that could land me in the hospital should I get the flu. My wife however, refuses to get one and works around sick kids much of the year so not sure if my flu shot offers me much protection.