Charles Oakley Arrested at Madison Square Garden After Altercation in Stands

I saw a comment somewhere from Oakley's attorney indicated that a suit may be forthcoming.

I like how Dolan tried to fix things yesterday by welcoming Latrell Sprewell back to the Garden. What a fool.

Oakley admitted he had been drinking. The vague comments I heard could be construed as a reference to anger management. What he likely meant was one thing, but it doesn't seem actionable to me. A pizzin' contest in court between a millionaire and a billionaire i$n't going to go well for the millionaire, especially when his opponent can claim he was acting in his business capacity, and probably use counsel already retained by the business. Seems like a lost cause.

There's a huge difference between someone drinking and what Dolan said.

I saw a comment somewhere from Oakley's attorney indicated that a suit may be forthcoming.

I like how Dolan tried to fix things yesterday by welcoming Latrell Sprewell back to the Garden. What a fool.

Sprewell was probably the cheapest former Knick to come back. Bet he would do just about anything for a few grand.

What amazes me in this is that Oakley was clearly in the wrong, and the first criticism from fans (and some media) is how poor of an owner Dolan is?? That has nothing to do with this incident.
Like it or not, Dolan has the right to ban anyone he chooses from the Knicks games, period. Oakley created a scene that potentially created a safety issue for the nearby fans. What if Oakley really started tearing into some of the security guards. They would have had to taze him or subdue him some other way. Just amazes me that people automatically side with the player in these situations.

Because Dolan is a crap owner and this wouldn't happen if Dolan wasn't a crap owner. Does that put Oakley in the right? No. But again, Dolan is a crap owner that has ruined one of the historically significant franchises so who gives a ? I know you're an idiot an all, but how difficult is it to figure that out?

Because Dolan is a crap owner and this wouldn't happen if Dolan wasn't a crap owner. Does that put Oakley in the right? No. But again, Dolan is a crap owner that has ruined one of the historically significant franchises so who gives a ? I know you're an idiot an all, but how difficult is it to figure that out?

Historically significant because of their location and age? Certainly not due to success. Take the late 80's / early 90's out and they've been bad for 40 years!

So you're saying patrons don't get unruly for good owners? Oakley's a nut job, Dolan's had enough of it and took care of the problem. Oakley's lucky he didn't get tazes or a beat down. A normal fan behaving like that would have got alot more.

Historically significant because of their location and age? Certainly not due to success. Take the late 80's / early 90's out and they've been bad for 40 years!

So you're saying patrons don't get unruly for good owners? Oakley's a nut job, Dolan's had enough of it and took care of the problem. Oakley's lucky he didn't get tazes or a beat down. A normal fan behaving like that would have got alot more.

"If you take out of 1/3 of their history, they're awful!" Thanks for keeping the trend of making an utterly moronic statement in every one of your posts. :laugh: And wanna take a guess at who has been the owner of the Knicks for the last 20 years? :laugh:

And uh yeah, that's what I'm saying. Unless you're telling me you've seen David Robinson buying tickets to yelling "You're incompetent!" at Peter Holt?

"They guys tried to discreetly remove him from the game, and he made it a spectacle."

So what was discrete about six security guards
approaching one man and put their hands on him, in front of thousands?

c4b433faa161601b943c502c648ab286

There's a huge difference between someone drinking and what Dolan said.

I think what he said was 100% classless. I was probably the first one to complain about it in here. :shrug:

If a case got strung out in litigation, I don't see Oak winning, that's all. He may get some go-away money in exchange for dropping the matter, but Dolan is pretty goofy. Look at the rent-a-Spree move. He may spend $750k to save $250k.

Why do you bother with that doofus ? You know you can't fix him, and there's a pretty good chance he isn't quite that stupid. :laugh:

I guess there was a Kumbaya session orchestrated by Commissioner Silver:

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/adam-silver-michael-jordan-step-mediate-james-dolan/story

I guess the cynic in me is coming out about this. I really wonder if Silver and Jordan would have made the effort if something like this happened in Sacramento? Face it, it's not a good look for the NBA if the team based in the media center of world is on the front page of every sports section and first segment topic on electronic media - not to mention forums like this - because of such an infantile incident as this. Is it really worth all this attention?

I guess there was a Kumbaya session orchestrated by Commissioner Silver:

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/adam-silver-michael-jordan-step-mediate-james-dolan/story

I guess the cynic in me is coming out about this. I really wonder if Silver and Jordan would have made the effort if something like this happened in Sacramento? Face it, it's not a good look for the NBA if the team based in the media center of world is on the front page of every sports section and first segment topic on electronic media - not to mention forums like this - because of such an infantile incident as this. Is it really worth all this attention?

What is the adage, there is no such thing as bad publicity. Look at the NFL, there is rarely a week during the off season that there isn't some kind of NFL talk. Deflategate/ Tom Brady/ Billicheck carried the offseason for a couple of years. The Knicks are a mess, and it began the day they signed Mello. It's very evident in today's professional sports for some guys, it's just about the money, not winning.

What is the adage, there is no such thing as bad publicity. Look at the NFL, there is rarely a week during the off season that there isn't some kind of NFL talk. Deflategate/ Tom Brady/ Billicheck carried the offseason for a couple of years. The Knicks are a mess, and it began the day they signed Mello. It's very evident in today's professional sports for some guys, it's just about the money, not winning.

Right. It's always a positive to see a former NBA player hustled out Madison Square Garden by a slew of security guards. I'm sure the league gave a thumbs-up to Kobe Bryant after he was accused of sexually assaulting a hotel worker. As for the NFL, I'm certain the league office got a warm and fuzzy feeling recently when a Patriots assistant coach departed the plane arriving in Boston with a t-shirt depicting Roger Goodell in clown face.

And as for this gem:
It's very evident in today's professional sports for some guys, it's just about the money, not winning.
...I felt the earth around me shake a little by the mere profundity of your comment.

Evidently, you missed the Isaiah Thomas era ? :laugh: "Van Gundy - OUT!" mean anything to you ? :laugh:

The Knicks' problem is Dolan. duh

It began much longer than the day they signed Melo. :shrug:

Yep, just like that Donald Sterling thing. That was a real boon for the NBA.

I guess in the end it came out positive, but it brought some pretty negative attention that the NBA would have preferred to avoid.

I promise you the NBA would have taken that scenario 10 times out of 10. Donald Sterling was hated by everyone. Fans, players, other owners, NBA executives. And it unified everyone.

I promise you the NBA would have taken that scenario 10 times out of 10. Donald Sterling was hated by everyone. Fans, players, other owners, NBA executives. And it unified everyone.

And if it forces a sale in the league's largest market, that price confers an increased value upon every other franchise, even before another sale comes.

Yeah, completely forgot to touch on the financial aspect. Sure it wasn't LA, but the $2 billion sale for the Clippers was nearly the same amount as the previous 4 highest sales COMBINED. Warriors in 2010, Kings in 2013, Wizards in 2010 and Bucks in 2014 combined for roughly $2.089 billion.