Evidence Against Darwinism

I'm assuming BcB meant the parents, which is an idiotic comment considering no one knows what actually happened.

Btw, the comments section in that link is a complete cesspool.

The gorilla is probably better off. Zoos, especially when it comes to great apes, make everyone other than the lower class and sociopaths uncomfortable.

Some other zoo just had to shoot 2 lions the other day because some dip with mental issues went into the habitat. Just get rid of zoos, human beings are clearly too stupid to be able to have them

"well, the gorilla looked like he was protecting the child." :Ohno: They don't realize it's a wild beast and all it needs to do is flip one switch and with the back of it's hand crush the kid's skull.

A truly sad story on all accounts. The gorilla was simply being a "gorilla" and never understood why it was killed. Think about how often the zoo will give the gorilla's "presents" throughout the year and then photograph their reaction and get the Cincinnati Enquirer to publish the cute picture on the front page. This poor animal probably figured it had been given an especially interesting "present".

But before we get angry at the zoo or the boys parents keep in mind this was a four year child. I have a three year grandson and he can move fast and doesn't always listen. If he ever fell into the gorilla exhibit and was grabbed by a big male gorilla I would want them to shoot the animal dead ASAP. So the zoo did the right thing - no doubt about it in my mind. As for the parents, maybe they were negligent or maybe that were doing everything right and got outfoxed for a moment by a four year old. It happens and a "moment" can change your life.

................................. As for the parents, maybe they were negligent or maybe that were doing everything right and got outfoxed for a moment by a four year old. It happens and a "moment" can change your life.

In 38 years, it has never happened. I worked at the zoo when I was a teenager; it was obvious which parents looked after their kids and which were irresponsible.
It never ceased to amaze me how many people didn't understand that these were wild animals and not docile pets.

In 38 years, it has never happened. I worked at the zoo when I was a teenager; it was obvious which parents looked after their kids and which were irresponsible.
It never ceased to amaze me how many people didn't understand that these were wild animals and not docile pets.

It's been 38 years since a parent has lost track of a 4 year old?

It's been 38 years since a parent has lost track of a 4 year old?

It has been 38 years where no child has ever wandered through a fence, across a hedge and fallen into a moat at the zoo; especially when according to witnesses, the child expressed a desire to cross the fence to his mother before he did so.

It has been 38 years where no child has ever wandered through a fence, across a hedge and fallen into a moat at the zoo; especially when according to witnesses, the child expressed a desire to cross the fence to his mother before he did so.

Yeah but his point was that the parents may have been negligent, but it's also not hard to lose track of a 4 year old. I have one, those little sh**s are fast.

I agree I'd tend to put some blame on the parents (likely a lot of blame, but will withhold as we don't know the facts), but I question why it took the zoo 10 minutes to shoot the gorilla. I mean, I feel for the animal as he did nothing wrong, but 10 minutes?! That would seem like an eternity to me if it was my child or someone I knew.

Sometimes, happens... and the ape takes the consequences.

You can't protect everyone from every possibility, action or reaction and you can't presume everyone can control every little possibility.

It's not reasonable IMO to think that a parent needs to keep eyes on every second, even though something unpredictable could result and it's not reasonable to think the zoo should either be prepared for it either or to come up with the perfect, optimal solution, under pressure, when something does occur. I really don't like this every kid should be on a leash type of world some thinks separates responsible parents from irresponsible ones or that a public facility can predict every possible butterfly flap an still provide and educational, enjoyable experience.

But, lawyers can't make money that way and that's why we have judges and juries. No happy endings here.

"well, the gorilla looked like he was protecting the child." :Ohno: They don't realize it's a wild beast and all it needs to do is flip one switch and with the back of it's hand crush the kid's skull.

They know that gorilla at best is going to drag that kid around like it would a gorilla baby and we aren't built to handle that. Very likely, if they go in and try to get the boy, the gorilla tries to protect him. I agree, they did the right thing. Very sad day for whoever had to shoot that gorilla but like you, I presume they saved that boy's life.

Last edited:
I agree I'd tend to put some blame on the parents (likely a lot of blame, but will withhold as we don't know the facts), but I question why it took the zoo 10 minutes to shoot the gorilla. I mean, I feel for the animal as he did nothing wrong, but 10 minutes?! That would seem like an eternity to me if it was my child or someone I knew.

The kid should of been packing

How do we know the parents weren't looking for him frantically? I wouldn't think of to look in the bushes above the pond in a gorilla area. I would be running the path ways back and forth.

Like Tyler said, kids are quick, especially little boys that don't want to be caught.

The same people who laugh at helicopter parents are the same ones crying hard about the parents. My guess is they don't have kids and if they do they have little lazy fat kids who do nothing but play video games. Good job bcb.

First off, I am not a fan of zoo's. I blame the parent for what happened as the kid showed interest and even mentioned that he wanted to go into the enclosure and play in the water. The gorilla actually saved the kid from drowning by helping him up and then protected him from the tragedy seeking sapiens that looked on. The violent driven humans then destroyed this beautiful peaceful creature.

Do we really need to act like it's hard to keep your kid from getting into an exhibit at the damn zoo? If you aren't capable of always having eyes on your kid then don't go until they're older. It's pretty simple

The video makes me feel even sadder for the poor gorilla. It's clear it's just playing but at the same time that child's life was in extreme danger.

A couple of other thoughts from the video:

* the guy that was running a monologue wasn't helping things out. First he would tell the mother "don't worry, he's just playing" then he would yell "he's drowning him"!

* As I listened to the mothers frantic cries, I kept thinking that I know several mothers who would have jumped the fence and tried to get down there to help their child. Not saying that it would have been a smart thing to do but that's what they would have done.