Ignatius-US

Ignatius survives a third period rush from US and wins the state title 4-3. This is third Ignatius state championship of the year, joining X-country and soccer. I believe some other schools have won three state titles in one year, Benedictine and Ed's I think.

This supports my personal theory that Ignatius is gradually transforming itself from a football school to a soccer and hockey school.

This supports my personal theory that Ignatius is gradually transforming itself from a football school to a soccer and hockey school.

If this comments suggests that there is some planned transition, I disagree. There is an ebb and flow to this kind of thing. Football continues to compete with the state's top schools.

There are SEVERAL more state titles possible for Ignatius this year...basketball (unlikely but possible), lacrosse, track, baseball.

Ignatius survives a third period rush from US and wins the state title 4-3. This is third Ignatius state championship of the year, joining X-country and soccer. I believe some other schools have won three state titles in one year, Benedictine and Ed's I think.
and Ignatius once before