What the "BAN" does to Moeller FB Schedule

Heaven forbid Moeller has one game on there schedule that could be considered a "cake walk". Their schedule is brutal year in and year out with teams like Cathedral, Trinity, Eds, and the strong Michigan teams they played last year.

Look at it from some other point of views.

Kids that don't normally see playing time will most likely get playing time against a team out of the country unless Moeller looks past them and gets bitten in the butt. Kids from both sides of this game will never forget this game. This isn't the first time teams from Cincinnati has played teams from Canada. In my opinion this is clearly irrelevant to the GMC ban as in the past 4 years the only GMC team that Moeller played on a consistent basis was Hamilton. Last year was the first time they didn't play them and the schedule last year seemed to be just fine.

Pretty sure playing a Canadian team was a choice, not a desparate scheduling maneuver. There are plenty of teams in Ohio still willing to take a shot at big moe and probably all of them are better than any Canadian team. If you want a challenge, I am sure some powerhouse from Texas or Florida is more than eager to take you on.

Pretty sure playing a Canadian team was a choice, not a desparate scheduling maneuver. There are plenty of teams in Ohio still willing to take a shot at big moe and probably all of them are better than any Canadian team. If you want a challenge, I am sure some powerhouse from Texas or Florida is more than eager to take you on.

This.

Moe would have had zero difficulty getting any number of national teams to come to Cincy to play them.

This "ban" is nothing special as regards football. Perhaps it means something in other sports, but, in football, public schools aren't just refusing to play Moeller. With rare exceptions, they're not playing Elder or X or Ignatius or Ed's or Mooney, etc. There are only two public schools willing to play Ignatius or Ed's in the Cleveland area...Mentor and Glenville, and, typically (as is the case this year), it's just one game (Mentor played Ignatius, Glenville played Ed's). Ignatius and Ed's get a second game against one another plus an additional one or two vs. the GCL South and then they search high and low for the remaining 6-7 games.

As for the person (GWOC) who thinks playing the Canadian team was a choice...c'mon. If it's about scheduling a cup-cake, you don't think they'd rather play a breather against a weak public from SWO?

Perhaps the ban is a big deal in other sports, but if you're unwilling to play a Catholic school in football (Moeller or anyone else), the ban is just saying NO in capital letters.

Really?

Well then why doesn't the " great GWOC " Powers step up and call Big Moe and ask to play home and home every year? Let me answer that, because they are pretty sure what will happen. GCL Vs. GWOC is a mismatch 99 percent of the time. It's more difficult then you think to get programs to agree to play most GCL south's big 3. I have a family member on coaching staff and they are always looking for good games, so if you think your school is good enough, step up don't blame Moeller!:shrug:

Well then why doesn't the " great GWOC " Powers step up and call Big Moe and ask to play home and home every year? Let me answer that, because they are pretty sure what will happen. GCL Vs. GWOC is a mismatch 99 percent of the time. It's more difficult then you think to get programs to agree to play most GCL south's big 3. I have a family member on coaching staff and they are always looking for good games, so if you think your school is good enough, step up don't blame Moeller!:shrug:

I'm sure Fairmont would schedule that game as long as it is a home and home series...maybe you should suggest that to the powers that be at Moeller? Wayne, Centerville, Northmont, etc. would probably go for that.

I didn't say we would win...but since your so informed...Trotwood DID call Moeller about a home and home series and it was Moeller that declined!!!

Did the GWOC ban Moeller, too?

nobody blamed Moeller???I just said we would play! And since you know so much ask your"family member" and they will tell you that Trotwood DID CALL!!

I'm sure Fairmont would schedule that game as long as it is a home and home series...maybe you should suggest that to the powers that be at Moeller? Wayne, Centerville, Northmont, etc. would probably go for that.

you can't explain nothing to them (cincy area teams) sure they are great programs, what so arrogant to always think people are scared

Moe does play tough team from out of State every year. Gilman from Maryland last year was suppose to be tough and mix it up regularly with other Nationally ranked teams. Indy Pike is no slouch, Nationally ranked as well. Then there's Xavier, Elder... At least 3 teams on Moe's schedule every year are play off level teams for most other teams IMO. Can't have a hammer every week and expect to have a full roster come play off time.

Moe does play tough team from out of State every year. Gilman from Maryland last year was suppose to be tough and mix it up regularly with other Nationally ranked teams. Indy Pike is no slouch, Nationally ranked as well. Then there's Xavier, Elder... At least 3 teams on Moe's schedule every year are play off level teams for most other teams IMO. Can't have a hammer every week and expect to have a full roster come play off time.

good point!! Agreed

nobody blamed Moeller???I just said we would play! And since you know so much ask your"family member" and they will tell you that Trotwood DID CALL!!

Ummm... you said yourself last time it was a blood bath. I believe the topic is finding hammers to play instead of a 'cup cake' Canadian team. Trot wood may be a hammer, but compared to Moe they're more like a tac hammer than a sledge.

Ummm... you said yourself last time it was a blood bath. I believe the topic is finding hammers to play instead of a 'cup cake' Canadian team. Trot wood may be a hammer, but compared to Moe they're more like a tac hammer than a sledge.

that game I was referring to was nearly 20 years ago when we were still a laughing stock! With in the last several years our program has changed...seems teams aren't so eager to play us now!

that game I was referring to was nearly 20 years ago when we were still a laughing stock! With in the last several years our program has changed...seems teams aren't so eager to play us now!

It's all in fun, BUT... didn't you say something above about Cincy teams being 'arrogant' and then proceeded to thump your chest about Moeller declining to play you? lol Come on man. Trot wood would be just another team to Moe. Don't even try to pretend like Moeller is scared of Trotwood. Don't go poking the bear with a stick. :D

I'm sure every team wants to have a game or two on their schedule that is a warm-up for them for league play...that's why Fairmont scheduled Trotwood LOL...Just playin

It's all in fun, BUT... didn't you say something above about Cincy teams being 'arrogant' and then proceeded to thump your chest about Moeller declining to play you? lol Come on man. Trot wood would be just another team to Moe. Don't even try to pretend like Moeller is scared of Trotwood. Don't go poking the bear with a stick. :D

I didn't try to compare the programs...there is NO COMPARISON (obviously)...i was simply replying to a post that was referring to teams stepping up to schedule Moeller...we tried to do so and Moeller declined. We duck nobody, see last years nationally televised game, a loss to University School from Florida (eventual national champs)

Toronto St. Michael's College School

http://www.stmichaelscollegeschool.com/athletic-center/teampage.aspx?TeamID=111

fall -out from the ban is playing a Canadian school - read the quotes from the article below

Fron Enquier-
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/recruit...-michael-college-at-moeller-football-preview/

Damn, I didn't realize the GMC has a ban against McNicholas too!!!!:eek:

I mean they must since McNick played a team from Canada last Saturday. :laugh:

If mercerounty didn't have Moeller to talk about his blog page would be blank. :laugh:

By the way did anyone else notice that McNick scored 8 points last week off FOUR SAFTIES! :laugh: Poor Canucks brought hockey pucks to a football game. :laugh: