Top 10 in Ohio

dellsa

Anyone have a projected top 10 for the state of Ohio? I would think Colerain, Moeller and X would be in there.

St.E , St.I , StX, Moeller, Wayne, Mentor, Coffman, Colerain, Elder, lakota west (this list is not in order)

Ed is the prohibitive "on paper" favorite at this early stage. After them, things drop off considerably. IMO D1 won't be excessively deep this year.

If Canton McKinley is in fact remaining in Division 1. I could see them being a top 10 team.

Ed is the prohibitive "on paper" favorite at this early stage. After them, things drop off considerably. IMO D1 won't be excessively deep this year.

Ed? There is a new one.

Why do you think there is a considerable drop off?

St.E , St.I , StX, Moeller, Wayne, Mentor, Coffman, Colerain, Elder, lakota west (this list is not in order)

Not this year. Coffman will have a significant drop off from last year. Lost of ton of good seniors last year and this year's senior-to-be class is one of the weakest to come through Coffman in some time. Weaker than 2006 and 2008 even.

Hilliard Davidson will likely be the team to beat in Central District this year. They were supposed to be "a year away" last year and made it to the R3 final.

I could see Sycamore in there, they have the best player in Cincinnati in QB Greg Simpson. He had nearly 3000 yards and 41 TDs last year. Sycamore lost some but this QB is a legit play maker who can take over games.

I could see Sycamore in there, they have the best player in Cincinnati in QB Greg Simpson. He had nearly 3000 yards and 41 TDs last year. Sycamore lost some but this QB is a legit play maker who can take over games.

Hope he can avoid the curse associated with that name. I know of only two other "Greg Simpsons" and both were tremendous, high profile athletes and both flamed out and served time in jail. Hopefully he can break the streak....

???????????It will be pretty deep in Cincy...not sure about the other parts of the state.

???????????It will be pretty deep in Cincy...not sure about the other parts of the state.

Not as much as previous years. X leads the pack...Moe & Colerain have serious holes to fill...Elder is Elder until they prove otherwise.

Let's put it this way...when West is in the conversation of the top teams, it ain't gonna be a banner year. ;)

Not as much as previous years. X leads the pack...Moe & Colerain have serious holes to fill...Elder is Elder until they prove otherwise.

Let's put it this way...when West is in the conversation of the top teams, it ain't gonna be a banner year. ;)

Ah, that's only one guy that thinks that. Moe will be solid as always, and I think Colerain might suprise some people.

GO BIG MOE!

Ah, that's only one guy that thinks that. Moe will be solid as always, and I think Colerain might suprise some people.

GO BIG MOE!

On this thread, yeah. West is mentioned often, both here and on the National boards.

I would add Whitmer to the list

I would also add Whitmer to the list, they have been a really solid program for a number of years now. By the looks of who's been cited, seems the picks have mainly been from Southern OH and parochial followers.

Few things. "Elder is Elder"??? Elder last year beat Moeller, lost a crazy close game to St. X and lost a very close, great game to Colerain in the second round. So I don't know what they need to prove based off last year.

In terms of Lakota West. They have been a preseason top team for the past several years but never can compete with the big boys. Just because they are being mentioned this season as a contender does not mean anything, they always are mentioned. I don't think this year will be a down year at all, just its way to early to say who is going to be the top team. At the end of the day, I think its safe to say Region 4 will be Moeller, St. X, Colerain or Elder. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Coffman's " WEAK " Senior Class beat Davidson Frosh year and lost by 3 points Soph year , Davidson didn't move the ball much agaisnt Coffman whatsoever in their " 17-14 ' WIN " starting all three scoring drives deep ion Coffman territory got thrashed 33-10 down 30 at one point in th eregualr season game with their STUD Junior class doing nothing aty all on offense against the toughest teams they played all year , didn't give PN any kind of a game in the final getting shut out , scoring 3 points against DARBY AND IN 8 QUARTERS AGAINST Coffman had ONE drive for a touchdown that didn;t start wel into Coffman territory by tunrover, adn that was when they were down 30-3 in Garbage time ..

yes they were certainly a year away , they weren't close to pusing any good team around as Juniors , certainly the offesne wansn't ready to do that and the defesne had may be two playmakers , not close to sacking QB'S most of the year no push , are they suddenly going to be azzz kickers this year ? They lost thier two tackles one of their guards may play defense , adn thier 40 carry a game back is gone , Clark is good but isn't Jennings .

Most guys back becuase their WEAK Senior class had about 8 guys in it that's why they all played, Coffman Seniors aren't one of thier better groups no doubt but from what I have seen from Seventh grade on they certainly didn';t handle Coffman { Sells } FROM WHAT I SAW , and the scores and games kind of point that out , but if they think they are so much better that's good , it certainly isn;t becuase they lined up and moved the ball against any of the top teams they played as Juniors .

SO a simple they got to the R-3 final tells us they are great this year is a little obtuse , Anyone who watched the games or any rising Senior that played against this group coming up { UA'S SENIOS BEAT THIS VAUNTED GROUP BY 50 I THINK AS FROSH } ISN;T SHAKING IN THIER BOOTS , unless they ahve to cover Motely one on one out wide lol .

All smack aside everything I said is 100 percent accurate, they may be the favorite becuase they have the tradition of success and deserve that respect respect and the number of starters back but they were not a group that was that prodcutive agaisnt good teams, they just weren't and they haven't been dominat at any time in their careers , if so when was it ?

Should be a good game with Coffman { Hopefully as far as Coffman is concerned } game will be a tell as far as what Coffman's fortunes hold , they aren't a top 10 team as Davidson fan pointed out , they have to rebuild the entire offense almost but they aren't as WEAK as some think they will be and on defense they return a handful that sawa lot of snaps , some started all year and some came on later , Coffman Junior class seems to be a little stronger than Davidson's IMO , and while the Davidson Seniors will be a head expereince wise the talent isn't that much different , hype wise yes becuase more Davidson Juniors played last year , but it wasn';t becuasse they were al that great is was more that it was Davidson smallest Senior class in memory .

If most of those Juniors individually were at Coffman last year there would be some of them who wouldn't have started or been close to starting over Coffman Seniors , so many got that expereince simply becuase they didn';t have mucn to beat out from the Senior Class .

CM is rumored to have not much back on defense and a possibly strong offesne ? is that accurate ?

Few things. "Elder is Elder"??? Elder last year beat Moeller, lost a crazy close game to St. X and lost a very close, great game to Colerain in the second round. So I don't know what they need to prove based off last year.

I just meant I see essentially the same result this year...7-4 or so. They aren't going to be playing for the R4 title...you can pretty much bank that.

In terms of Lakota West. They have been a preseason top team for the past several years but never can compete with the big boys. Just because they are being mentioned this season as a contender does not mean anything, they always are mentioned.

Actually, they aren't. 2009 was the only other year they got any preseason play whatsoever. That said, they beat Moe last time they played....so "never" is probably a bit of a reach. ;)

I don't think this year will be a down year at all, just its way to early to say who is going to be the top team. At the end of the day, I think its safe to say Region 4 will be Moeller, St. X, Colerain or Elder. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

LOL. Don't go too far out on a limb there. :laugh:

1. Massillon
2. Massillon
3. Massillon
4. Massillon
5. Massillon
6. Massillon
7. Massillon
8. Massillon
9. Massillon
10. Rest of the scared state to compete with the mighty Massillon Tigers

1. Massillon
2. Massillon
3. Massillon
4. Massillon
5. Massillon
6. Massillon
7. Massillon
8. Massillon
9. Massillon
10. Rest of the scared state to compete with the mighty Massillon Tigers

Lets be Honest Cincinnati Highschool Football is the best. We have St.X, Elder, Colerain, Moeller

stivie --- Normally I give you the benefit of the doubt, but those two postings were absolutely incoherent. You haven't been on Yappi in a while, so maybe you don't have your mid-season mojo, but I can honestly say I read them and re-read them and couldn't tell what the point was other than rehashing Coffman's week 11 flop job and bashing Davidson.

The seniors to be at Coffman were a combined 2-15 at Sells and Karrer in 7th and 8th grade. They "handled" no one, except for each other.

The original poster put Coffman in with Colerain, Elder, X, and Co for next year. If you think they'll belong in that company in 2013, then you can "Rock" on wit' yo' bad self, but you are deluding yourself.

And BT-dubs, I'm not a "Davidson fan".

I said they don't belong in that company DIDN'T I? gO BACK AND RE-READ, I simply said that the YEAR AWAY GREAT DAVIDSON SENIOR CLASS that got beat by pitiful Coffman Freshman year , so that awful Sells team somehow beat the vaunted Davidson class of 2014 DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ?/

Ok I also pointed out that as JUNIORS this outstanding class couldn't move the ball against " THE BEST TEAMS THEY PLAYED{ No Olentangy doesn't count they were just OK } sO WHAT WE HAVE THAT SOMEHOW YOU MISSED IS coffman won as Frosh right ? that crappy team BEAT HD frosh ,AND LOST BY 3 POINTS SOPH YEAR IN JV GAME .

dID YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ?? UA Seniors to be beat HD Frosh this incredible class by about 45 points . UA has regressed since then givng up about 400 a game on defense agasint the better teams but whatever.

OK I also pointed out that if this Junior class is so great why couldn't they move the ball or sustain drives at all against the best teams they played ? You aren't a fan of HD and don't know the snap for snap talent , you just looked at them as a legit R-3 finalist and they MUST BE GREAT THIS YEAR BECUASE they have a lot back .

I also stated they have a lot back becuase they al got to play because the Senior class was so small , it's not that there that great but there was much less competition from Seniors than usual for palying time . DO YU UNDERSTAND THAT ?

Don't know how difficult that is , and while we are at it WEAVER has had some pitiful Middle school teams recently , is there future success written in stone ?

I never said they handled anyone in middle school , but WHAT I DID SAY WEAS THAT HILLIARD'S MIDDLE SCHOOL TEAMS AND THIER FROSH TEAM THREE YEARS AGO WERE HARDLY AWESOME THEMSELVES . You mistook the reference I was making .

never siad they belong iin rarified air at all , DID YOU READ THE POST ? REALLY ?? Didn';t I say it is a totla teardown on offense ? I agree they don't belong there , but your assertion that HD is the TEAM TO BEAT seems to based on what ? a smoke and mirrors win and a Coffman hairball that they puked up the last two week s and what exactly ? Got thrashed by 21 and 23 AGAINST Coffman and PN never really putting togehter a drive at all , 3 points agaisnt Darby , adn a narrow win vs. Beavercreek at home as Juniors and suddenly they are THE TEAM TO BEAT ?

Did they improve ? YES but are they going to just line up adn start kicking people's azzzes this year after not being able to do it last year TO ANY EXTANT ? I don't know I am sure they wil be the favorite becuae of returning starters and they wil improve as I know how hard they work in the off season and the expereince wil help a lot , but looking closely over their history this class is hardly world beaters adn I would match up Coffman's front sever on defense against this HD defensive front seven , so the disparity you speak of simply isn't accurate , i would favor HD in week 4 by a small margin based on experience of it's players and Coffman's offense being very inexperienced , and in no way should they be a top ten team NEVER SAID THAT and they won't be in any poll they did lose a ton of good players and actually making the play-offs even in a smaller pool is hardly a given and there is achance they may not make it if they don't beat everyone they should beat very small margin for error . , but as we get closer to the season it is worth noting that it mostly myth that this HD group of Seniors didn't exactly handle everyone with ease over the last 3-4 years including Coffman's Senior group as weak as everyone claims it is.

A point I made that was fairly simple was YES THEY WERE A YEAR AWAY, but the hype they are going to get is based on landing in the R-3 final , but if you look closer they didn't exactly do much against Coffman or PN in thier play-off games , They didn't move anyone off the ball consistently they had no sustained drives for TD'S in 12 overall quarters of football agains tthose two teams excpet ofr one that was aided by 30 ayrds of Personal fould penalties agaisnt Coffman when they were down 30 in garbage time . So this tells me that this group WAS A YEAR AWAY no doubt , so are they going to line up one year later and thrash everyone physically ? that was the point , they wil be better and they won't have ot face some of the same players who have graduated but from thier what seems to eb embarrassing loss to the crappy Coffman Seniors as Frosh and a 3 point win vs the terrible Coffman class the next year and a complete beat down agaisnt UA Frosh year and last year's inablity to get a pass rush and move people off the line of scrimmage against " GOOD " opponents , I question the soon to be big hype about this group , that's all pretty straighforward.

Have been by a fan that the HD Junior class is just OK a few good players no doubt but not laoded group thmeselves, Coffman's JR class isn't stacked either never said it was THEY HAD A AN EXCELLANT JV record{ Doesn';t always mean much } including a thrashing of HD . week 4 wil be interesting , Coffman wil have real trouble scoring but HD will not have a real easy time moving it either with Coffman having a few D-lineman back who played a lot as wel as having two inside backers who played a lot and started most of the year.

Yes I am in pre-season form I will grant you that , and your mistaking my references were probably my bad, and My points and factsd aside Davidson probably should be the top of the favorite list not becuase they are a potentially dominant team but more on others rebuilding a bit .

Last edited:
Stivie, I'm not going to invest the time to read your 700 word stream of conscious rantings. You tend to put way too much weight on singular irrelevent games (UA frosh vs. Davidson frosh 3 years ago....really?!?!) and then try to drag everything back to a a discussion of games played ages ago. I'm surprised you didn't some how shoe-horn Brett Buehler's broken foot into the the post above :rolleyes:.

Say what you will. I will go on the record right now, in early June, and say that not only does Davidson beat Coffman again this year but that Davidson finishes as the highest ranked of all central ohio teams this year (unless all of those super '10 frosh Davidson beaters from UA transfer to Coffman....then Coffman will own Davidson)