2012 Playoffs

LeBron was unstoppable. He was literally the whole team in the first half. Combine that with the worst game Boston has played this series and all momentum is on Miami's side heading into game seven.

The only other player in NBA history to put up 45,15,5 in a playoff game is Wilt Chamberlin.
There have been some other spectacular performances, though. In 1987 Hakeem Olajuwon had 49 points, 25 rebounds, and 6 blocks.

But I'll acknowledge that LeBron's game was phenomenal. I just kept shaking my head in the first half as he hit shot after shot--and not just jumpers. He showed the entire repertoire, and no defense could stop him. Great offense beats great defense, of course.

With Chris Bosh still not 100%, and Dwyane Wade being so erratic in this series, I really feel that LeBron needs to do the exact same thing on Saturday night. It won't guarantee victory, though, since Boston might shoot the lights out.

So you took his post to indicate there had never been a great playoff performance outside of last night's game and Wilt Chamberlain's?
No. My point was that there have been comparable games--not any others where someone had at least five assists, but just as impressive nevertheless.

Petty weak point, Rich.
That's why it helps if you read the original post, then the response. Someone else posted that only Wilt Chamberlain had done what LeBron did. While that's true if all you're talking about is very precise statistical parameters, it's actually misleading. There have been many other performances just as impressive as LeBron's 45-15-5.

I hope that helps you out, and that you can now follow the flow of discussion.

That's why it helps if you read the original post, then the response. Someone else posted that only Wilt Chamberlain had done what LeBron did. While that's true if all you're talking about is very precise statistical parameters, it's actually misleading. There have been many other performances just as impressive as LeBron's 45-15-5.

I hope that helps you out, and that you can now follow the flow of discussion.

LOL dude, everyone totally understands there have been performances just as impressive as LeBron's. Pretty sure you're the only person on the planet who would have taken that stat line that way.

TThere have been many other performances just as impressive as LeBron's 45-15-5.

REALLY?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!???????!!?!??! Holy sh1t Rich, thanks for pointing that out or I never would have known. Up until your post, I thought LeBron's game 6 the other night was one of the top 2 performances in NBA playoff history. Thank God you shared that with us.