dayton relays

any results? one of the longest running meets running, and no results yet,

i wasn't able to attend, the paper gave some insight, but anyone that was there, can you help out...

sprints- how did relays look, was it dunbar dominated? did t.marshall/twood/centerville/wayne or any other team look good?

Dunbar is loaded. Wayne almost got them in the 4x1 and shuttles. Didn't make it to 4x4 or finals of sprint medley. Wayne was dq'd in 4x2, was some fast teams but after first delay and teams were told start time was 9:30 many teams packed up.

Dunbar is loaded. Wayne almost got them in the 4x1 and shuttles. Didn't make it to 4x4 or finals of sprint medley. Wayne was dq'd in 4x2, was some fast teams but after first delay and teams were told start time was 9:30 many teams packed up.

Meet was canceled before boys SM, both DM and both 4x4's were run.

As usual the meet was very slow going. There was no reason they shouldn't have been able to complete the entire meet before it got rained out. Also no reason that results shouldn't be posted by no. I spoke with several coaches who said the only reason they go to this meet is to have their kids run on the same track as the District and Regional Meet. I agree with the above that Dunbar boys looked good. Vandalia Butler boys won the 4 x 1600. Centerville boys distance looked good with 2nd in 4 x 1600 and 1st in the 4 x 800 (I believe). Alter gilrs won 4 x 8.

how it is run

Many teams have stopped going to that meet, and a few other meets at that venue due to HOW it is run.

Poor results, wrong results, incorrect seeding, super slow, poor information flow, strange procedures etc. The venue is a good one to see, but the train wreck of management is not worth it.

Too bad that is the same crew that runs the Dayton Regional, and has similar problems occur with that meet each year.

Very competitive meet but long gaps between events. It's always easy to look back on a meet and think of ways to improve upon it but it seems like with better organization, they could have completed more events.

far more that just "gaps between events." Far more than "easy to look back upon a meet and say it could be better organized. This meet, the regional meet, many other meets run by the same crew at this venue have been a disaster in terms of management. It is far more than just a few problems, it is a philosophy and a style. Sometimes we have to just be honest about things and stop beating around the bush.

far more that just "gaps between events." Far more than "easy to look back upon a meet and say it could be better organized. This meet, the regional meet, many other meets run by the same crew at this venue have been a disaster in terms of management. It is far more than just a few problems, it is a philosophy and a style. Sometimes we have to just be honest about things and stop beating around the bush.

Everyone of us knows that there are certain meets, set at the same set of venues, staffed by the same set of "good old boy/girl networks" where all the officials know each other and the meet manager(s) are either scatter-brained themselves or incapable of comprehending or executing a well-run, timely meet. We have certain sets of those in all parts of the state, including Cincinnati, and those same problems have been a problem with track and field for a long time, unfortunately. The whole meet mismanagement, poor management, non-management resulting in long, slow, drug-out meets are one of the BIG, BIG, BIG turn-offs to kids, parents, and the general public.

Coaches would be well to vote with their feet and NOT return to those venues. The crew that works that Welcome Stadium meets needs to be mixed up year-to-year, and the management of those meets, if not able to be done effectively by the DPSD, should seek someone/entity until it is.

Max

Nice enuff guy....no max doesn't run Moses meet..but needs to move on..makes up rules and more all the time. Tried to do some nutty seeding last year after rain delay at regionals...I heard the coaches went off on him, he was clueless on what to do. He needs others to run those meets. How many times has that crew blown the 4x4 calls at regionals...again, time to move on!!

Nice enuff guy....no max doesn't run Moses meet..but needs to move on..makes up rules and more all the time. Tried to do some nutty seeding last year after rain delay at regionals...I heard the coaches went off on him, he was clueless on what to do. He needs others to run those meets. How many times has that crew blown the 4x4 calls at regionals...again, time to move on!!

Yea, a few years ago he reseeded the DII girls and screwed it up.

Max Benton runs the regional meet and to my knowledge doesnt have anything to do with the Moses relays
I think he has a lot to do with the the dayton relays, a mistake was made in the seeding of the boys 4x1600 relay inwhich two boys teams were omitted from the 4x1600 and placed in the girls heat, when the coaches ask for it to be corrected Mr. Benton refuse to do so, saying it was the Coaches mistakes. Not sure who mistake it was but it would had only taken 5 mins to correct.....its time for him to move on.

send emails to SW district board

Send the emails to the right people, see what happens.

The coaches / parents / those in power need to let the SW district board know. This stuff can't go on, it discourages people from engaging in our sport.

We must be advocates for our sport. Don't let this stuff stands, it is just a few weeks until districts and regionals and this nonsense will continue if we let it.

If the SW District won't listen go to the state and Dale Gabor