So what ddi everyone think about our new state meet?

They have had plenty of meets at Ottawa Park before. Also, they adjusted the course very well on Saturday so runners didn't run over the fairways to often. I just think it would be a great place for the State meet to be held. It hosted about 3,000 people their on Saturday. Why not 10,000 people for the State meet? Also, almost every other state has their State meet on a golf course. What makes Ohio any different?

Measuring your team from year to year is not the point of the sport. The course as it is now really needs a change to make it better for people watching the meet. The people paying money to get in. But I guess keeping a course the way it is and not trying to make it better is good too. Or, maybe people can measure their teams by how they do against other teams.

Hey Psycho,

Speaking for many coaches out there, this is important when you're trying to build tradition within your program. I wouldn't expect you to understand. After all, what have you won?

The central location thing is BS. Ohio aint that big people. Toledo is a 4 hour drive from the farthest place away in Ohio. Could you imagine driving 6 hours+ like they do in California and Texas.

Hey Psycho,

Speaking for many coaches out there, this is important when you're trying to build tradition within your program. I wouldn't expect you to understand. After all, what have you won?

How does "building tradition within your program" have anything to do with where the meet is held at or how the course is designed?

Hey Psycho,

Wow, you are right, I feel silly. Very very silly. One of these days I'll get it.

All this ranting about measuring a cross country course to be exact and debating over a wheel or Garmin makes me sick. XC ain't track people!

Could Sharon Woods handle the numbers- competitors and fans? Restroom and concession facilities? I believe the actual course for those competing is what should matter most. Not a fan of flat XC courses.

609 and Said, you guys need to sit down at Bob Evans and iron out your differences. I'll come also if you guys are buying. As far as the new state meet goes, it would be nice if coaches had a little more access. Other than that, I loved the course, especially the finish. It might be a little better for the runners if the fans could maybe line the outside of the course from the 1-mile until approximately 1.75 miles. Also, I love the suspense when they come out of the woods, through the gate and around the corner with approximately 700 meters to go.

609 and Said, you guys need to sit down at Bob Evans and iron out your differences.

No differences, actually we are buddies.

Remember Stanley and Waldorf? 609 and I are the two sarcastic old fellas making smart-ash comments in the back ground.

609 and Said, you guys need to sit down at Bob Evans and iron out your differences. I'll come also if you guys are buying. As far as the new state meet goes, it would be nice if coaches had a little more access. Other than that, I loved the course, especially the finish. It might be a little better for the runners if the fans could maybe line the outside of the course from the 1-mile until approximately 1.75 miles. Also, I love the suspense when they come out of the woods, through the gate and around the corner with approximately 700 meters to go.

How about we sit down and you tell me how to win a state title? Said can sit in and fill us with Bob Schul training.

I would buy for sure. BTW, Said and I look like those 2 muppets.

Said, I know you guys are buddies. Just being funny. Let's get together with 609. Bring Jordan with you. Does anyone anticipate any changes being made to the State course next year?

I dont think it had the state "feeling" to it. At Sciota Downs, with the large grandstands it felt like a bigger race. Whereas at National Trails, it just feels like another race. Although, I do like how you can move around and see more of the race. When at Scioto Downs you could barely see anything.