Cincinnati Enquirer

Unfortunately for us wrestling fans, Cincy is by no means a wrestling town.

By the way, which girls BB teams are looking tough? The Enquirer probably drops the ball on this subject as well.

Well actually there was one brief article yesterday on thanksgiving about wrestling. Talked about the returning state qualifiers from all around Cincinnati from DI, II, and III. Mainly on the battle for the GCL title between Elder and Moeller. Pretty decent article IMO but there could definitely be more wrestling in the paper without a doubt.

Well actually there was one brief article yesterday on thanksgiving about wrestling. Talked about the returning state qualifiers from all around Cincinnati from DI, II, and III. Mainly on the battle for the GCL title between Elder and Moeller. Pretty decent article IMO but there could definitely be more wrestling in the paper without a doubt.

yea, it was OK, but they didn't even get their facts right. It said Moeller won Sectionals last year. I think they forgot that Mason beat them last year.

Wow ,what the f do you have to do to get some respect in cincy i mean you end the year ranked higher than any kid in the city placing as high at state as anyone against even better comp get more wins against better comp across the country and your the top teams OW and your only a fresh then become an AA for the second year in a row and a double to boot and you dont even get any props even after dropping to a div thats not particularly strong in the city ,HA HA ,NAh there are no politics in wrestling
Say what you want its a joke it means nothing and its all a game for people trying to look good around town and create an air of supremacy to try and gain a mental edge on the comp .
Or maybe i am just a crasy fat old man:laugh:

Wrestling doesn't get any press because its too difficult to watch. It's not as entertaining as trot fast, jump high, do a dance. It's not a sport appreciated by the ADHD crowd - SQUIRREL!! - Also, wrestling's too tough for the helicopter mommies raising the Soft Generation. The 1st time bubba cries, it's time to go - "this wrestling is ridiculous! We're going back to basketball and complain about playing time!!"

I can't tell you how many parents of my football players won't let their kids wrestle. It's ridiculous. Not that half of them could handle it, but I'm just sayin' . . .

Wow ,what the f do you have to do to get some respect in cincy i mean you end the year ranked higher than any kid in the city placing as high at state as anyone against even better comp get more wins against better comp across the country and your the top teams OW and your only a fresh then become an AA for the second year in a row and a double to boot and you dont even get any props even after dropping to a div thats not particularly strong in the city ,HA HA ,NAh there are no politics in wrestling
Say what you want its a joke it means nothing and its all a game for people trying to look good around town and create an air of supremacy to try and gain a mental edge on the comp .
Or maybe i am just a crasy fat old man:laugh:

I read the article and your kid was mentioned: "The Crusaders lost Stephen Myers, a third-place finisher at 112 pounds, as his family moved, according to Gaier, but they have added junior Joey Ward, a transfer from Goshen. Ward is a two-time state qualifier and was a state placer two seasons ago."

Typical of the Enquirer, they don't do deep stories about wrestlers in an overview of the area's team outlook. Perhaps as Stephan continues to excel, he will be featured in an article at some point. No other wrestler got much ink either because it wasn't about individual wrestlers.

Maybe you could enlighten all of us. Why did you move Stephan to a much smaller school with a much weaker schedule? His national credentials are not in doubt, but now his high school season exposure drops a ton...not the way to get articles to be written with such a lower profile. There are many reasons families do what they do, and I am glad my panthers will face your sons less often, but how much was wrestling part of your decision?>

Wrestling doesn't get any press because its too difficult to watch. It's not as entertaining as trot fast, jump high, do a dance. It's not a sport appreciated by the ADHD crowd - SQUIRREL!! - Also, wrestling's too tough for the helicopter mommies raising the Soft Generation. The 1st time bubba cries, it's time to go - "this wrestling is ridiculous! We're going back to basketball and complain about playing time!!"

I can't tell you how many parents of my football players won't let their kids wrestle. It's ridiculous. Not that half of them could handle it, but I'm just sayin' . . .

There is no right field in wrestling!

I read the article and your kid was mentioned: "The Crusaders lost Stephen Myers, a third-place finisher at 112 pounds, as his family moved, according to Gaier, but they have added junior Joey Ward, a transfer from Goshen. Ward is a two-time state qualifier and was a state placer two seasons ago."

Typical of the Enquirer, they don't do deep stories about wrestlers in an overview of the area's team outlook. Perhaps as Stephan continues to excel, he will be featured in an article at some point. No other wrestler got much ink either because it wasn't about individual wrestlers.

Maybe you could enlighten all of us. Why did you move Stephan to a much smaller school with a much weaker schedule? His national credentials are not in doubt, but now his high school season exposure drops a ton...not the way to get articles to be written with such a lower profile. There are many reasons families do what they do, and I am glad my panthers will face your sons less often, but how much was wrestling part of your decision?>

He's just mad that they matter of factly replaced his boy with Joey Ward, who I believe won the last match between the two. But hey, throw some more stats at us fat man.

What do YOU have to do to get some respect? Maybe, you should not get thrown out of wrestling rooms or maybe stop pimping your kids. The aforementioned are just a couple of ideas for you. It's not all about you.

Dan you are quoting the article from the internet site not the actual paper ,And I did not move Stephen anywhere that was someone elses blunder,regardless of what div he is in he still did what he did and always has done last year and that includes a much better performance against tougher comp over the year than anyone in the city including your own superstar.You cannot argue the fact his record speaks for itself
And wrestling Bandit you are wrong he has won every real match in every style and placed higher in every tournament that they have ever been in at the same weight or div.:) I think you put to much into an iffy exhibition greco loss from a kid wrestling up a weight because there were no kids his weight ,perhaps you should check who showed up afterwards to state that year and won greco and freestyle state and who claimed they would and didnt show and who came home an AA from Fargo in their class :) Regardless of any press or any future results dream on if you think anyone can actually replace a soon to be 4 x state placer like the one your tryin to bash.
But of course idiots like you enjoy stirring the pot and i still on occasion enjoy replying with facts when faced with obvious troublemakers like yourself.

Actually my biggest surprise was him not getting mentioned with the D3 or 2 kids in their part of the article when even kids from his own school were mentioned .
It makes you realise everyone is full of ---- and has an agenda regardless of what they promise .

Dan you are quoting the article from the internet site not the actual paper ,And I did not move Stephen anywhere that was someone elses blunder,regardless of what div he is in he still did what he did and always has done last year and that includes a much better performance against tougher comp over the year than anyone in the city including your own superstar.You cannot argue the fact his record speaks for itself
And wrestling Bandit you are wrong he has won every real match in every style and placed higher in every tournament that they have ever been in at the same weight or div.:) I think you put to much into an iffy exhibition greco loss from a kid wrestling up a weight because there were no kids his weight ,perhaps you should check who showed up afterwards to state that year and won greco and freestyle state and who claimed they would and didnt show and who came home an AA from Fargo in their class :) Regardless of any press or any future results dream on if you think anyone can actually replace a soon to be 4 x state placer like the one your tryin to bash.
But of course idiots like you enjoy stirring the pot and i still on occasion enjoy replying with facts when faced with obvious troublemakers like yourself.

Actually my biggest surprise was him not getting mentioned with the D3 or 2 kids in their part of the article when even kids from his own school were mentioned .
It makes you realise everyone is full of ---- and has an agenda regardless of what they promise .

I was just asking why he was moved from a high profile program. Someone made a blunder? Who, what, how, we are all curious. SM is a great kid and a great wrestler, I never said otherwise and never will.

Ok...he bit on your bait ... but PLEASE do not mention these high school boys unless it is to congratulate them or wish them luck... I for one am sick of hearing all the negative comments, it does NO ONE any good..especially the kids involved. Good Luck to all CINCINNATI area wrestlers this season! We all know that some folks on here have serious issues so lets just let them do THEIR thing and the rest of us focus on staying positive!

I Agree!!!!! We are definitely in the Soft Generation!!!! I have talk to coaches and parents from all over the state and numbers are down.

You are right those who are always fishing for the bite on the bait that is thrown out time and again regardless of the big fish who ignore it have serious issues just like those who wait to comment on the occasional bite itself who so eagerly chime in and play innocent and make their own stupid deragatory comments that show they are less than honorable themselves by attempting to appease their own crowd who they think will get a rise from their poorly veiled personal attacks .Sickening weak and pathetic individuals who as i said before care only about their perceived image be it ever so fake.

I Agree!!!!! We are definitely in the Soft Generation!!!! I have talk to coaches and parents from all over the state and numbers are down.

The drop in participation is scary. I read recently that numbers were up nationally but looking around the wrestling room I don't see how. We probably won't get anyone from basketball cuts this year because there won't be any cuts; numbers are down for them too. These kids are über soft and no parent wants to push their kid out of his comfort-zone anymore. Back-in-the-day if you started something parents at least made you finish... not no mo':

Old School Dad: “What’s this? Why isn’t Percy at wrestling practice?”

Soft School Mom: “Oh stop it, right now. He’s struggling with the pressure and he had his arm twisted in practice. Look there’s a red spot right here. Anyway, his analyst said he is going through several modes of alienation at the moment, combine that with his meds and he’s likely to have an anxiety attack, the poor thing. There Percy, mommy said it’s OK.”

Old School Dad: “Anxiety attack? Maybe he shouldn’t sit in front of the TV playing video games for hours. There doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with his arm the way he’s texting with it. I’ll give him an anxiety attack, where’s my belt!?!”

Soft School Mom: “Henry, don’t be such a boorish ogre! How is Percy supposed to find his center and make peace with his inner-child? Do you want to end up at Children’s Services again? If you touch ONE hair on his over-privileged head I’m calling Mother.”

:wallbang:

Last edited:
The drop in participation is scary. I read recently that numbers were up nationally but looking around the wrestling room I don't see how. We probably won't get anyone from basketball cuts this year because there won't be any cuts; numbers are down for them too. These kids are über soft and no parent wants to push their kid out of his comfort-zone anymore. Back-in-the-day if you started something parents at least made you finish... not no mo':

Soft School Mom: “Oh stop it, right now. He’s struggling with the pressure and he had his arm twisted in practice. Look there’s a red spot right here. Anyway, his analyst said he is going through several modes of alienation at the moment, combine that with his meds and he’s likely to have an anxiety attack, the poor thing. There Percy, mommy said it’s OK.”

Old School Dad: “Anxiety attack? Maybe he shouldn’t sit in front of the TV playing video games for hours. There doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with his arm the way he’s texting with it. I’ll give him an anxiety attack, where’s my belt!”

Soft School Mom: “Henry, don’t be such a boorish ogre! How is Percy supposed to find his center and make peace with his inner-child? Do you want to end up at Children’s Services again? If you touch ONE hair on his over-privileged head I’m calling Mother.”

hahaha:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

You are right those who are always fishing for the bite on the bait that is thrown out time and again regardless of the big fish who ignore it have serious issues just like those who wait to comment on the occasional bite itself who so eagerly chime in and play innocent and make their own stupid deragatory comments that show they are less than honorable themselves by attempting to appease their own crowd who they think will get a rise from their poorly veiled personal attacks .Sickening weak and pathetic individuals who as i said before care only about their perceived image be it ever so fake.

Someone needs a hug :dang:

I'm not sure if you are saying I am fishing, or pathetic, or playing innocent or making derogatory comments....

I'm just a wrestling fan with a reasonable question. Why not just answer it LCAST?>

The umlaut over the u in "uber" made this the post of the thread. Well done, good man, a wordsmith of the first water.

I'm not sure if you are saying I am fishing, or pathetic, or playing innocent or making derogatory comments....

I'm just a wrestling fan with a reasonable question. Why not just answer it LCAST?>

When the australopithecine begins to wonder about the concept of an empyrean felicity his actions may be misinterpreted as a result of the breakdown of his bicameral mind. This should not be confused as hostility but rather the first paroxysm indicating the origins of consciousness. Through the prosaic gaze you may notice a semblance of cognizances. The hominid moves and begins to understand the idea of self, allow him his moment of progression.

Last edited:
Badin just added a club, "The Gaming Club." On their first day they had over 60+ kids in it making it the #1 club in the school. A few of the few boys I do have tried to come to practice late because they had to attend this club. They didn't enjoy my response. To put the 60+ in perspective my school only has 166 boys and 193 girls total in the building. Sad...

Old School Dad: “Anxiety attack? Maybe he shouldn’t sit in front of the TV playing video games for hours. There doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with his arm the way he’s texting with it. I’ll give him an anxiety attack, where’s my belt!?!”

Badin just added a club, "The Gaming Club." On their first day they had over 60+ kids in it making it the #1 club in the school. A few of the few boys I do have tried to come to practice late because they had to attend this club. They didn't enjoy my response. To put the 60+ in perspective my school only has 166 boys and 193 girls total in the building. Sad...

And I thought loosing kids to ping pong was bad lol!
At least there is some level of athleticism/skill involved in that.

When the australopithecine begins to wonder about the concept of an empyrean felicity his actions may be misinterpreted as a result of the breakdown of his bicameral mind. This should not be confused as hostility but rather the first paroxysm indicating the origins of consciousness. Through the prosaic gaze you may notice a semblance of cognizances. The hominid moves and begins to understand the idea of self, allow him his moment of progression.

k

"Badin just added a club, "The Gaming Club." On their first day they had over 60+ kids in it making it the #1 club in the school. A few of the few boys I do have tried to come to practice late because they had to attend this club. They didn't enjoy my response. To put the 60+ in perspective my school only has 166 boys and 193 girls total in the building. Sad... "

Why not join the gaming club?? you get to exert almost no physical energy (unless you're plyaing the Wii of course) which means no sweat and you can get away with showering only three times a week! I guess skin funk can still be an issue, I'm sure fungus thrives in the cheeto dust that collects in those gaming chairs (the image of Cartman from the World of Warcraft episode of South Park comes to mind). But skin checks before Gaming Club meetings can help to control that. Also, who would want to wrestle when you could kick someones butt in Call of Duty halfway around the globe while talking crap on a microphone without ever looking him in the eye or shaking his hand?? I mean that teaches true values and really helps you become a respectful and upstanding man!

Gaming Clubs are a joke. Aren't schools trying to promote healthy habits and stuff like that?? I mean they are taking junk food out of vending machines and the lunch room yet they are promoting a club that plays video games for a couple hours after school? Cuz I'm sure all those "Gamers" will head straight home after club and finish all their homework, get 40-60 mins of physical exercise, spend time with their families, and maybe even get a couple hours on their time sheet at work. Right. We all know they are going straight home to sign on xbox live and stare at the tv for hours.

I agree BadinCoach, this is sad and honestly makes me sick.