2010 FAVC East and West

East, Loveland are the favorites going into the season returning most all of their team from last year, and only getting stronger with the incoming freshman class. However Wilmington also returns a ton of talent, and always wrestle well at the end of the year. There are other tough kids throughout the rest of the league that will factor into the finals in some weight classes, and disperse the points. The team with the best line-up for the tourney to maximise points with seeds may be the one who pulls it out.

West- Harrison has to be the odds on favorite due to their success at a very high level year in and year out. Ross is always well coached though, and will look to challenge them.

In the West, Harrison will be formidable. However......

Ross returns alot. I would not overlook them.
103 Byrd -DIST QUAL
112 McKernan -STATE QUAL
119 Hensley -DIST ALT 09
125 Withrow -DIST QUAL
130 Jones -STATE ALT
135 Beiting - 2X DIST QUAL 08,09
135 Lawson -DIST QUAL
145 Payne - DIST QUAL
152 Bowman -DIST QUAL
160 Davidson -DIST QUAL
189 Heimkreiter -DIST ALT

JH is ran as one tournament, but give out two titles East and West. Glen Este will battle Loveland. Harrison and Ross in the West. Glen Este does have a very nice group of returners on the JH Squad.

Loveland has Inabnitt(80)(Younger Brother), Davis(80) Tucker(86), Griffith(92)Siemon (104), Horton(122). They all should play a key role.

I know GE has studs and should win, but Loveland always will battle.

GE has Branson(86), Hoskins(98), Siccurella(104), Gottis((122), Kennedy(142) 7th grader Jones(116).

It all depends on what role players can be found.

I hate to come across negative, but how can you tell how well a team did at a scrimmage? For one, your only as good as the level of competition. And for two, wrestling began like a week ago? Kids are getting into shape, cutting weight for certification, and they are trying out new stuff that they probably wouldn't do in a real match. We'll all see how good the teams are at the Coach's Classic.

I'm a little out of the loop. Can anyone tell me the teams in the new divisions? (East and West) Also projected Harrison lineup would be nice too.

Loveland has Inabnitt(80)(Younger Brother), Davis(80) Tucker(86), Griffith(92)Siemon (104), Horton(122). They all should play a key role.

I know GE has studs and should win, but Loveland always will battle.

GE has Branson(86), Hoskins(98), Siccurella(104), Gottis((122), Kennedy(142) 7th grader Jones(116).

It all depends on what role players can be found.

GE has Branson(86), Hoskins(98), Siccurella(104), Gottis((122), Kennedy(142) 7th grader Jones(116) also 7th grader Bryant(119 transfer from Amelia)

I thought Siemon was a freshman this year?

Harrison is the favorite until they show they can be beaten in the FAVC by someone other than Mason. Ross is a solid contender though with some true talent returning for them this year. Glen Este had a more productive February in last years season so I will give then the benefit of the doubt. Loveland should give them everything they can handle with Anderson having some play in the whole matter.

Early Prediction
Ross falls short to Harrison
Loveland wins league in GE's backyard
MVW= D. Campbell Harrison

Harrison is the favorite until they show they can be beaten in the FAVC by someone other than Mason. Ross is a solid contender though with some true talent returning for them this year. Glen Este had a more productive February in last years season so I will give then the benefit of the doubt. Loveland should give them everything they can handle with Anderson having some play in the whole matter.

Early Prediction
Ross falls short to Harrison
Loveland wins league in GE's backyard
MVW= D. Campbell Harrison

Your not giving GE the benefit of the doubt. You come right out and say Loveland wins leagues in GE's backyard.

On the contrary, GE's Feb. was downright embarrassing last season!!! Not productive!!! They got 3rd in the FAVC behind Harrison and Loveland going into the tourney ranked higher than Loveland in the city poll. Though they had 10 district qualifiers, only 6 actually were able to wrestle at the district tournament due to a variety of injuries and sickness,,, which produced the lowest placing at districts in quite some time for the program,,, with zero state qualifiers to show for the effort. Most of those district qualifiers are returning so GEHS has something to prove this season!

Lets face it Loveland always comes into the year looking good, but when it is all said and done they do not produce! Look at all the good kids they have had and all the good teams they have had. They just do not make it happen at the end of the year. They fall apart! I say look for Canes and GE to be in a battle for the title here.

I am not bias. I am just guessing what I feel is the future. Loveland has some solid freshman coming in. From what I saw over the summer GE has some good kids too. The resolve will come when they dual along with Middletown. Anderson and Milford will play key roles in the decision of who wins the FAVC but understand that the past 3-4 years Loveland has been a sleeping giant. The potential is there, whether or not they perform is another thing. This is clearly a prediction but yet you claim a bias? GE should win it in their own backyard especially with Erving, Clift, Myers, Jones, Kennedy coming back. Me saying that Loveland would win their own backyard was only a exclamation of what could happen if the Loveland program produces.