Your thoughts on the 2021 OHSAA Track and Field Championship?

Or, people could get in at the other venues without paying. I had the digital ticket and got there with my team. We walked in one end of the stadium and around to the team camps. My ticket was never scanned. I did not have any wrist band or anything showing I paid. We walked in a gate were no one was checking thinking there was an internal gate we would be checked at. Even da9y two, we picked up our tickets and then walked in and distributed them. There were people that walked in with us that were not on our team. I have no idea if they had tickets. Who knows how many other people never had their tickets scanned, or just didn't have tickets?

Lets ask this question. Was it fair for the OHSAA to charge each team the price of a ticket per day for each alternate, and then require you to have an alternate. for example, your 4x800 team your 4x400 team, your 4x200 team all made it to state, each team has to have an alternate. so thats 3 kids in our example. each kid has to pay $15.00 friday and $15.00 saturday to get in. but they have to be there!

Lets ask this question. Was it fair for the OHSAA to charge each team the price of a ticket per day for each alternate, and then require you to have an alternate. for example, your 4x800 team your 4x400 team, your 4x200 team all made it to state, each team has to have an alternate. so thats 3 kids in our example. each kid has to pay $15.00 friday and $15.00 saturday to get in. but they have to be there!
I would say no. To me anyone who is part of the program should get in free. This include alternates and possibly multiple coaches depending on which events are being contested by each school.

I would say no. To me anyone who is part of the program should get in free. This include alternates and possibly multiple coaches depending on which events are being contested by each school.
I actually e-mailed and called the state ticket officer about this issue. She said she forwarded it to Beau Rugg and another guy, and I have still not heard back.

You shouldn't have to pay as a coach to get into the meet and coach your athlete from the regional meet and the state meet. Alternates should not be required to have a ticket. Provide wristbands or something to each school who has qualifiers for their alternates and lets say you have a Vaulter make it, then the Vault coach and HC should be able to get in as well. This has really been going on for too long.

BTW, if I had a nickel for all the different school principals and AD's who had OHSAA passes to get in, then maybe the coaches and alternates wouldn't have to pay if they but back on that stuff

Although I agree that each school should have at least one "Alternate" to get in without paying, We were NOT required to have an alternate. A school could list more than 4 on a relay card, but four was enough. NOTE: My school has used an Alternate at that State meet who had to pay to get in... and the relay team placed, so, in essence, we had a kid pay $12 to earn "All-Ohio" honors and get a medal. Now, I was told that we could write a letter (form) for reimbursement to be sent back to our school for the $12, but then our school could issue a check back to the kid. I just gave the kid $12 out of my pocket as I usually do for my assistant coaches. - more trouble than it is worth?

A big problem to me is that most other sports get "JV" athletes (those who would never see playing time at the State tourney) get in free and get an additional 7-8 administrative passes. Track only gets 2 administrative passes... for principals, ADs', superintendents, etc.....for each school.
Baseball/Softball get 7 administrative passes, more coaches and extra players who are essentially "alternates". Same with Volleyball, Football, soccer, etc. ... The OATCCC had to fight to get 1 alternate and 1 extra coach for a qualifying team in cross country and has been turned down in the past when asking for more in track and field.