Youngstown Area Coaching Changes

The rumor is that Leetonia is discussing the possibility of going to 8 man football next year. Keep in mind that as far as I know it is just a rumor.
EP will be next if the BOE doesn't get it head out of it's arse!!! They couldn't finish the last season due to low numbers. A D6 school to boot!

EP will be next if the BOE doesn't get it head out of it's arse!!! They couldn't finish the last season due to low numbers. A D6 school to boot!
I'm asking not trolling. What can the BOE do to help EP's football program? Typically the superintendent, athletic director, and principle have the most influence on athletics.

I'm asking not trolling. What can the BOE do to help EP's football program? Typically the superintendent, athletic director, and principle have the most influence on athletics.
You cannot allow families to interfere with coaching. There is much more, better left unsaid here, but the AD needs the BOOT for starters.

You cannot allow families to interfere with coaching. There is much more, better left unsaid here, but the AD needs the BOOT for starters.
How do you feel about the basketball coach? I’ve played sports with him growing up, he seems really passionate about EP even if he played at Crestview I believe

Have rules in place by Union contract, wouldn’t think there’d be much interest anyway
Not much interest because there aren't many qualfied candidates in this area capable of being a head coach. Very few coaches in this area are educators now a days. Non educators focus on the outcomes rather than the process and focus on themselves rather than the experiece for the student athletes. Most established coaches aren't leaving the programs they've built. The established ones who DO leave apply for multiple jobs each year and tend to resemble the coaches who are non-educators.

Not much interest because there aren't many qualfied candidates in this area capable of being a head coach. Very few coaches in this area are educators now a days. Non educators focus on the outcomes rather than the process and focus on themselves rather than the experiece for the student athletes. Most established coaches aren't leaving the programs they've built. The established ones who DO leave apply for multiple jobs each year and tend to resemble the coaches who are non-educators.
I have seen you post something similar before and the more I think it about it, you are probably right. There just isn't a "bench" of coaches like past decades. Perhaps this void will now allow for some unknown and/or young coaches to show their abilities or develop into a new generation of program leaders.

Not disagreeing honestly believe to be a head coach they need to be in the system, unfortunately not the case much anymore lack of people going into the teaching profession