Youngstown Area Coaching Changes

Would they though? They would get crashed in the upper tier by Garfield(even though the game was somewhat close this season) and Brookfield. In the lower tier Springfield would kill them and don't forget about the juggernaut that is Lowellville.
Lakeview in the Grey Tier of the MVAC would make sense with a lot of past rivals from the TAC-8 in it with Brookfield, Champion, Newton Falls, LaBrae and Liberty. They probably would be middle of the road in the conference for a while which could help build the program back up. As long as they are in the NE8 they will continue to struggle with the tough schedule.

A song I heard through all of the excitement at Western Reserve today was that there is a former QB and current assistant at Valley Christian who may go for the Mathews job.

My little birds have never sang a song about an alum at Howland, I don't even know who it is? Must not be a household name, were they a Topo product or a Hake/Kopachy guy?
I think Kopachy or maybe Hake. Last name Sheptock I believe, but there were a few who came through. Not sure which one is there

Lakeview in the Grey Tier of the MVAC would make sense with a lot of past rivals from the TAC-8 in it with Brookfield, Champion, Newton Falls, LaBrae and Liberty. They probably would be middle of the road in the conference for a while which could help build the program back up. As long as they are in the NE8 they will continue to struggle with the tough schedule.
It's time to bring back the TAC -8 with a new group: LaBrae, Liberty, Lakeview, Brookfield, Newton Falls, Champion, Niles and Girard.

It's time to bring back the TAC -8 with a new group: LaBrae, Liberty, Lakeview, Brookfield, Newton Falls, Champion, Niles and Girard.
Niles and Girard should just stay in the the NE 7 maybe they’ll be able to beat that D5 SR someday

What? :unsure: Assistant Coach the past 2 seasons (3 -17) that has never been a Head Coach. They must not care about football.
You’re at the mercy of who applies. I guess they COULD get a head hunter and go after somebody while offering big bucks.
It would be interesting to see a list of coaches who apply for these open jobs.I understand the need for privacy however.

Last edited:
You’re at the mercy of who applies. I guess they COULD get a head hunter and go after somebody while offering big bucks.
It would be interesting to see a list of coaches who apply for these open jobs.I understand the need for privacy however.
I knew of some of the applicants............much more qualified and experienced that their selection.