Youngstown Area Coaching Changes

I wake up everyday and grab my Salem News off the porch hoping to see the news of Johnson being non-renewed, only to continue being sad when it's not there.
Be careful what you wish for. While Johnson isn’t flashy, he isn’t a chaos agent and treats his players well and is professional in his approach. I’m sure there were people at McKinley who didn’t even want him fired who still thought “we’ll get someone better”. A short decade later, McKinley has churned through five head coaches and is a shell of its former self. A large part of that is because Canton schools and athletics are run by dopes who have all the resourcefulness of the guy squeegeeing windshields outside the East Tusc McDonalds. But, it’s not like Salem is some historic juggernaut, so you’ve got less to lose.

Could it be worse? Sure. Could it be better? Definitely!

Nothing has been won under Johnson. 80 kids on a team, and a 61-56 record to show forth. I call that average. Don't let that 10 win 2015 squad fool you either. Two D6 teams on the schedule, road playoff game at 9-1 in a weak region steamrolled by the Big Red.

Sebo can't get Hake here fast enough.

Could it be worse? Sure. Could it be better? Definitely!

Nothing has been won under Johnson. 80 kids on a team, and a 61-56 record to show forth. I call that average. Don't let that 10 win 2015 squad fool you either. Two D6 teams on the schedule, road playoff game at 9-1 in a weak region steamrolled by the Big Red.

Sebo can't get Hake here fast enough.
The Quakers can change there fight song to Smoking in the Boys Room

Lakeview forced their young coach out bc they believe they should be winning in the NE8. Can’t make this up. Go to the MVAC. They will win games.

Lakeview forced their young coach out bc they believe they should be winning in the NE8. Can’t make this up. Go to the MVAC. They will win games.
Wow did you really hear that? I don’t think they even care if they win or lose .as long as the band gets to play and the Karen’s get to wear their sweatshirts with their kids name on the back . Who cares about the score . It’s all good when everyone’s goin home to 300,000 dollar houses after the game . That’s the impression I get. As far as Bellino I told him they can’t win in that league and he said I disagree with you .then went 1-13 in league play with multiple running clock beat downs .

Last edited:
I heard some of the parents weren’t happy with how things have transpired over there. Idk what they expect anyone to be able to do with that program in 2 years tho
I know in the end they weren’t . Their was rumors of him leaving 2 weeks before he left when the howland job came open but when people starting asking anyone like assistants , athletic director , principle they said noooo, no way where’d you hear that , then he bailed . So that wasn’t cool . Either they didn’t know or they were lying .Anyway maybe they’ll come out with a list of applicants this week

Would they though? They would get crashed in the upper tier by Garfield(even though the game was somewhat close this season) and Brookfield. In the lower tier Springfield would kill them and don't forget about the juggernaut that is Lowellville.