Yappi Sports Wiki - All-Time Season Records, Head Coaches, Playoff Seasons

Great Info. Tim Goodwin. 20 yrs coaching and only one time they didn't make the playoffs (2004). But that year they did beat Versailles, which was state runner up in Div IV. This guy just gets it done.

That's some great work. Maybe this deserves its own thread (though I'm guessing there has been one on this topic in the past) but I was looking at Solon and see they have not had a losing record since 1969.

Is that the longest current non-losing season streak in Ohio? I looked at most of the schools that I thought may challenge it, and couldn't find one.

On another note, Tiger LaVerde's 99-1 regular season record since 2010 at Kirtland is mind boggling. I know they don't play in the toughest league but do play Cuyahoga Heights every year and play a couple OOC games a year against solid bigger division programs. You kind of already knew how dominant some of the marquee smaller programs have been (Kirtland, Marion Local, Coldwater, Mogadore) but seeing the YBY list really puts it in perspective.

I have alot of info on Akron schools but I am totally baffled on how to input it. 2 of the schools are not listed. Can anybody help me get this figured out. Some of the schools have existing info, and I don’t want to accidentally screw it up.

West is there now. You can probably post w/l records and coached and other info in here and someone will copy it into the wiki

Akron HS was renamed Central HS, so I think the Central link is where that would go. THe name change was already noted in there

That's some great work. Maybe this deserves its own thread (though I'm guessing there has been one on this topic in the past) but I was looking at Solon and see they have not had a losing record since 1969.

Is that the longest current non-losing season streak in Ohio? I looked at most of the schools that I thought may challenge it, and couldn't find one.

You jinxed them...they were 4-6 in 2021 (not including playoff game).

I appreciate all of the work that you put into this project. For Steub. Catholic Central, it is not Rich Point as the coach. The correct name is Rich Pont. Thank you!

West Jefferson had, I believe, the Ohio record for the longest stretch period of winning seasons. 1958-1999, or 42 seasons, before a 2-8 season in 2000. I did some work on this numerous years ago. When I expanded my school record search to the most Ohio "non-losing" seasons, i.e. a 5-5 season would count, I still didn't come up with any school over 42 years.
Now, that was awhile ago. When I did that search, some powerhouse private schools, hadn't had teams as far back as WJ did. Maybe a school that only really got rolling in mid/late-60s now has a longer streak.
At the time, I had a few friends scattered across the country look at this issue in other states as well, and we couldn't find any school that exceeded 42 years. But that research was way too hit/miss to make any claims for the longest streak in the country.

Quite the resume. Only needs 6 wins to get to 300 in his 31st year. Been to 5 state championships and won it once. Not sure how much longer he will be there, hopefully forever.

On another note, Tiger LaVerde's 99-1 regular season record since 2010 at Kirtland is mind boggling. I know they don't play in the toughest league but do play Cuyahoga Heights every year and play a couple OOC games a year against solid bigger division programs. You kind of already knew how dominant some of the marquee smaller programs have been (Kirtland, Marion Local, Coldwater, Mogadore) but seeing the YBY list really puts it in perspective.
Kirtland hasn’t played CH since 2019 but yeah that was a great rivalry. The hornets moved up a year ago to the bigger school division of the CVC. It’s going to be interesting what happens when Madison, Jefferson and Conneaut join the league next year.

I know a lot of won-loss records at Fremont Ross. How does this get more updated?
You can update it yourself. On the right hand side of the page click on the pencil icon - it will let you update the table.

It is reasonably intuitive to use

1659710896029.png

The columns are separated with the |

Column 1 is the year which is already there, column 2 is the record, column 3 is the coach, column 4 is anything else

Example

| 2030 | 14-1 | Homer Simpson | Div VII State champs, Moe's League Champion |

1659710936744.png