X v. Elder

Then give a prediction you will stand by. I guarantee if you were placing a bet you wouldn't put money down on Elder staying within 6 points. Stop the BS and shoot it straight. Better yet, take me upon the bet of loser leave town. Let's do this.

Then give a prediction you will stand by. I guarantee if you were placing a bet you wouldn't put money down on Elder staying within 6 points. Stop the BS and shoot it straight. Better yet, take me upon the bet of loser leave town. Let's do this.

He said 38-24 so why would he take a bet on Elder losing by 6?

NO. 6 ELDER AT NO. 1 ST. XAVIER
It’s the Bombers world and we are all just living in it. After handling Moeller 49-16 to open conference play, St. Xavier is riding high and have separated themselves as the best team not only in Southwest Ohio, but arguably in the entire state.

Senior running back Charles Kellom ran for over 200 yards with three touchdowns against the Crusaders and signal caller Brogan McCaughey has yet to turn the ball over through five games while accounting for more than 15 touchdowns. Defensively, they have yet to allow more than 20 points and have the experience and talent to shut down even the most potent of offenses.

Elder has had a forgettable first half of the season. Coming in losers of two straight and three out of their last four, the Panthers are desperately trying to find their mojo. What we thought was going to be a potent offense led by Payton Ramsey and Ben Hambleton has sputtered, averaging only 15 points per game in their losses.

Elder only has one quality win on their schedule and that came to a CovCath team in Week 1 that is way down from the past. Defensively, things have unraveled as well, especially when it comes to stopping the run. They have given up 124 yards or more on the ground in all of their losses and have been gashed with big plays on both ends.

With all of this being said, the Panthers are still a proud bunch and are well coached. We have every reason to believe they will get better as the season goes on and become a factor during playoff time. However, this week they run into a freight train going full speed, and it will take a perfectly executed game for the Panthers to even keep this one close.

I hate to say it (because Elder is my second favorite GCL team)-- and I never think it wise to sell Ramsay and the Price Hill Gang short-- but I'm starting to agree with the previous posters here-- I'm beginning to think this will NOT be one of X's two competitive regular season games this year... it's starting to look like there will only be one remaining game (Ig) without a running clock.
Looks like Specht DID remember that Ramsay had Elder still throwing the ball (in a game that Elder led 44-26 with ~2 minutes to go), which resulted in Elder scoring a TD to go over 50 points in that game in 2018-- although X did not throw the ball, to return the favor, tonight.

well he just ran it up the middle. i don't think he was trying to do anything other than bleed clock. it was a mauling between the trenches though

Elder simply got whooped up and down the Field tonight. I’m not sure this Elder Team will win a GCL Game his yr.