Worst Ohio HS FB stadiums

Grove City Christian is awful for watching a game. The stands are very small and only on one side. They have tried bringing in portable bleachers for the endzones but it doesn't end up working well.
The visiting team locker room is in a module classroom at the top right of the screen. It takes a good 2-3 minute walk to get there. They just added a shed for the home team locker room on the southside.

@The Dock probably has a few other comments from his trips.
The Dock did not disappoint!

I went there a few years ago to watch a soccer game. Thought it was a very nice facility for that, was curious what it was like during a football game.

Most DI schools in Columbus. Not terrible per se, just boring and bland. No charm. Hilliards come to mind as being very ‘meh’. Central Crossing is another one. Grove City is probably the best.
The new stadiums around Cleveland in the suburbs are the same. Cleveland Heights, Highland, North Royalton, Maple Heights are all nearly indistinguishable except for colors.

Most DI schools in Columbus. Not terrible per se, just boring and bland. No charm. Hilliards come to mind as being very ‘meh’. Central Crossing is another one. Grove City is probably the best.
Someone mentioned earlier in this thread about big-school stadiums in Columbus and their issues with visiting stands being so far away from the field, so I did some looking. Turns out Dublin Coffman, as well as ALL FOUR Olentangy's (including Berlin, having just opened in 2018), have the same issue: field, tons of space, track, the long jump and pole vault pit, and THEN the visiting stands. Hopefully, whoever came up with THAT moronic idea has moved on to a different line of work.

Here's one. Pictures below are Eielson HS, Alaska. Getting snow off of natural grass can be difficult. Photos were taken first week of October. They were playing Barrow HS.

Interesting thing about Barrow is they just started playing football ~2008. When they first built the stadium, the field was built with pea gravel, because there was no way they could get grass to grow. This is really true. Go to this link and fast forward and watch 3:05 - 3:30.
A couple years later they were able to raise the money and installed turf. I'm sure that was a welcome relief. I can't imagine being tackled on pea gravel. Ouch.
IMAG2488.jpg
IMAG2493.jpg
IMAG2495.jpg

Here's one. Pictures below are Eielson HS, Alaska. Getting snow off of natural grass can be difficult. Photos were taken first week of October. They were playing Barrow HS.

Interesting thing about Barrow is they just started playing football ~2008. When they first built the stadium, the field was built with pea gravel, because there was no way they could get grass to grow. This is really true. Go to this link and fast forward and watch 3:05 - 3:30.
A couple years later they were able to raise the money and installed turf. I'm sure that was a welcome relief. I can't imagine being tackled on pea gravel. Ouch. View attachment 30014View attachment 30015View attachment 30016
Screenshot_20220527-002452_Maps.jpg

The field is located on a thin strip of land between a lake and the arctic ocean.

The field was donated by Cathy Parker and hence carries her name.

14630e53-d7bb-406a-a8f1-95e8e752aa3b.thumbnail.jpg

What's interesting is that though the name of the school is still Barrow, the town is now named Utqiagvik.

Haven't been there for years so it may have been fixed up but New Miami high football stadium is bad. The visitors side seating looked like they were ready to fall down. Field is grass, it was pretty sparse when I was there last, I guess it was used to much...

I don’t know if it’s still the case, but back in the day at Brookside HS in Sheffield Village the locker rooms were in the school (black building) and the players and coaches had to make a long walk (especially for the visitors) to the field that included crossing Harris Road.
3BC560D4-F9E3-45FD-9E81-89E6E2E385D5.jpeg

I don't have a problem with a train near a football stadium. It definitely adds some character. Highways and creeks do as well.

West Greene (PA) is the farthest southwest school in PA. A creek runs behind the home stands opposite a state highway and both go under the train bridge running along the corner of the field.

Free seats. Just a risk of a nasty run in with a train.

Shows how close the train bridge is.... Also, a 3 lane track. Very rare.

That was very interesting. I wonder if they have any meets with a three-lane track. It seems like it would only work for practice.

Yes, Greene County is the county at the southwest corner of Pennsylvania.

That was very interesting. I wonder if they have any meets with a three-lane track. It seems like it would only work for practice.

Yes, Greene County is the county at the southwest corner of Pennsylvania.
I'm not sure. Being a small school the might be able to get by with a home meet against another tiny school and just do heats?

The expense is not an insignificant matter.

I'm not sure. Being a small school the might be able to get by with a home meet against another tiny school and just do heats?

The expense is not an insignificant matter.
I suppose so. It certainly would take longer. At the same time, you can also have meets with less officials.

Ipswich, SD

This one is entirely about the poor lighting.

At least the sunset was nice.
[

Game winning TD can barely be seen. Home team all in black doesn't help at all (in SD and NM, when a team leads by 50 after halftime the game ends, though in SD, the 35 running clock also starts).

Reminds me of watching a game at Walnut Ridge a few years ago. I could not see the bleachers on the other sideline because the each bank of lights had at least 4 bulbs out. It also did not help that it rained earlier in the day and this kept the clouds low and thick in the sky.

Although they have a really great facility now, Eaton used to have a really horrible set-up. I've been to youth soccer fields that were better.
Tipp never impressed me and adding turf before addressing the bleachers was a mistake on their part.
Bethel is terrible along with the set-up at Troy Christian. I do like Sidney, Valley View, Versailles, New Bremen, and the field grass at Covington is amazing. Milton-Union needs to replace the turf and completely revamp that field. It's been bad since the 60s. Over the 40+ years I've been involved in and watching HS football, Miss Valley is the worst and New Bremen is the best small school stadium anywhere. Dayton Northridge is pretty nice too although it sits on i75.
I like Northmont Stadium and where it sits. I was shocked at how bad Centerville stadium was compared to other large wealthy schools. Kettering has a beautiful stadium as well.

Vienna Mathews is doing some upgrading at its stadium:

So they still have “covid relief” funds left and available to use? this covid stuff was the scam of all scams

Of course in the same article it says they’ll ask citizens for a renewal levy?