Worst Ohio HS FB stadiums

I think we win for oddest landscaping and goal posts. None of the doors work and that music is constant throughout the game. This is old. Visitors now sit on the homeside and by law are obligated to root for the hometeam or we'll steal their car parts. Ample supply of cinder blocks kept in the concession stand. If we run short, sometimes we just take a few out of the wall. The stadium is in East Toledo which is on the south side of the city across from the baseball field with the outfield on the old sledding hill.

Lights: that's one in our favor. They're horizontal, no glare sitting across the field from them. Nice, bright even lighting too.

Springfield (the clark county one) Evans stadium when it was home to the old south high school. Not the greatest of neighborhoods...the whole south end in fact.

Any stadium that only has stands on one side is a bad stadium in my book.

Andeson comes to mind for me.

Also light polls in front of the stands is another thing that makes bad stadiums.
Cuyahoga Heights has nice turf, view of city scape of Cleveland ( especially factories) and seating on one side as visiting team stands on the cliff overlooking Interstate 77!! Pressbox is in school classrooms.

Since Norton's old Sieberling Stadium was brought up, here is a video comparing the old stadium to the new one (under construction in 2015). The new stadium was scheduled to be ready for the Panthers home opener that week, but there was a delay and Norton unfortunately had to play their 2015 home opener at the old stadium.

Here is a whole page of pictures of the old stadium in 2014. Norton is in a conference of D3 and D4 teams, but those visitor side bleachers couldn't possibly have held more than a couple hundred fans. Back before 2005, Norton was in the Suburban League, meaning that D2 teams like Green, Wadsworth and Highland had to play there.

Since Norton's old Sieberling Stadium was brought up, here is a video comparing the old stadium to the new one (under construction in 2015). The new stadium was scheduled to be ready for the Panthers home opener that week, but there was a delay and Norton unfortunately had to play their 2015 home opener at the old stadium.

Here is a whole page of pictures of the old stadium in 2014. Norton is in a conference of D3 and D4 teams, but those visitor side bleachers couldn't possibly have held more than a couple hundred fans. Back before 2005, Norton was in the Suburban League, meaning that D2 teams like Green, Wadsworth and Highland had to play there.
This was taken after they replaced old wooden bleachers on visitors side. Also, the new field is beautiful, just thinking visitors side is rather small. Thinking if they'd had the money , that with a larger visitors side playoff games could have been held for D5,6 7 teams. Parking is really good too.

I think we win for oddest landscaping and goal posts. None of the doors work and that music is constant throughout the game. This is old. Visitors now sit on the homeside and by law are obligated to root for the hometeam or we'll steal their car parts. Ample supply of cinder blocks kept in the concession stand. If we run short, sometimes we just take a few out of the wall. The stadium is in East Toledo which is on the south side of the city across from the baseball field with the outfield on the old sledding hill.
Was this your Minecraft build? If so, that's rad!

I made Barrenbrugge Park and Fort Site Fieldhouse in one of my spare time a few years back.

Was this your Minecraft build? If so, that's rad!

I made Barrenbrugge Park and Fort Site Fieldhouse in one of my spare time a few years back.
No, not mine. It is pretty cool and fairly accurate. Even took a shot a putting Sacred Heart in the background. Here is the real thing, dugout included. Visitors stands were condemned, so in the process of rebuild. Those stadium lights are the real deal though. Everyone should have them. It sits in a bowl so there is a good view of the neighborhood and church when sitting in the upper levels.
67654941_2417597128305701_1532209594070204416_n.jpg

Didnt read the whole thread but I nominate Dublin Coffman followed by Olentangy Liberty.

Solely because they both are the worst visitor stands i have even been to. Both are a mile from the field. Sidelines, football team, benches, polevault pit, track, fense, more space. Every time i have to go to either of these two schools i just head to the home side.

The stands are not very high at Liberty and one time they had like 6 or 8 soccer goals between the visitor stands and the field. The worst i tell ya!!

Didnt read the whole thread but I nominate Dublin Coffman followed by Olentangy Liberty.

Solely because they both are the worst visitor stands i have even been to. Both are a mile from the field. Sidelines, football team, benches, polevault pit, track, fense, more space. Every time i have to go to either of these two schools i just head to the home side.

The stands are not very high at Liberty and one time they had like 6 or 8 soccer goals between the visitor stands and the field. The worst i tell ya!!

and now with the pretentious video tents on the sidelines, even grand old stadiums like Sandusky have bad sightlines. I gave up trying to see a game not blocked by a tent and went to the home side.

Not trying to be negative. But Mogadore Field's Stadium has to be one of the most rundown hell holes left in Summit/Portage County area. The stadium's bleachers are in rough shape and looks exactly the same as it did 20 years ago, no improvements have been made. Again, not trying to be disrespectful to the Field Falcon community just stating a fact.

I never saw the Rubber Bowl after the early 1970’s. Saw a lot of Friday night doubleheaders, Turkey Day Title Games, as well as the Rolling Stones , out there. Also some big out of town schools would schedule there, when they expected a bigger crowd than their stadiums could hold. I believe it was built as a WPA project in the late 1930’s. So by 2008, I’m surprised it was still standing. Great memories though.

Not trying to be negative. But Mogadore Field's Stadium has to be one of the most rundown hell holes left in Summit/Portage County area. The stadium's bleachers are in rough shape and looks exactly the same as it did 20 years ago, no improvements have been made. Again, not trying to be disrespectful to the Field Falcon community just stating a fact.
Saw my team play there a few years ago. I saw exactly what you describe.
An awful, old, run-down stadium. Rained part of the night and became a quagmire.
Definitely could use a complete makeover.

Any of the Portage County guys who have commented remember the old Ravenna Stadium? That place was rough.
I kinda liked that grandstand on the home side.
Not too many stadiums had anything like that.
Visitor bleachers were pretty rough.
The new stadium is really nice now.

I remember when my kids attended there in early nineties, the " new lights " were added. Those lights on wooden poles are still there!

Liberty and Orange have visitor sides that side a mile away from the stadium. It's crazy. At least at Coffman you can sit at a decent height on the visitor side.

I would like to nominate Ashland High School. I know that they have renovated in recent years, but just a few years ago it had miniscule visitor stands, light poles in front of the home stands, minimum parking close to the stadium.

Van Wert: between the wall directly behind one end zone and the men's bathroom being connected to the visitor's locker room - not great.

Of course, my memory may be clouded by the 42-0 deficit at halftime and the soaking rain that fell all night.

I would like to nominate Ashland High School. I know that they have renovated in recent years, but just a few years ago it had miniscule visitor stands, light poles in front of the home stands, minimum parking close to the stadium.
I watched a game there in 2017, and remember it the same way.

I never saw the Rubber Bowl after the early 1970’s. Saw a lot of Friday night doubleheaders, Turkey Day Title Games, as well as the Rolling Stones , out there. Also some big out of town schools would schedule there, when they expected a bigger crowd than their stadiums could hold. I believe it was built as a WPA project in the late 1930’s. So by 2008, I’m surprised it was still standing. Great memories though.
Trimble's WPA stadium was standing until 2017

I can't think of any really bad stadiums in the Toledo area.

St. John's stadium technically is some aluminum seating on both sides of turf laid in a parking lot, not much in the way of atmosphere. More of a why'd they bother at this point. Once the market comes back up, I'm sure they'll put up a wall or something to make it look like a stadium.

Some might scoff at Woodward's with its tiny set of stands. But I like it. The stands fill, the fans exhuberent, good concessions, cool blue track, cool mascot. Kind of small town with gunshots.

Before Glen Este and Amelia came together to form West Clermont the Glen Este field was made for cows not fball players. There was cow dung an in level field and a hard rock field surface.