Worst Ohio HS FB stadiums

The all time longest walk from a locker room to a field in NEO was at Channel's football field. The field was a good 1/4 mile for both teams from the locker rooms in the school, teams would have to walk past the parking lot and practice fields to get there. They use to add 5:00 minutes to the half time to accommodate for the walk.

Do you have pictures of any of these stadiums/fields?
West Jessamine, Nicholasville, KY

I was there before turf. The biggest issue is you're facing the sun from the home side on a slow sloping home side.

Screenshot_20220523-220812_Maps.jpg

East Jessamine, Nicholasville, KY

Screenshot_20220523-220845_Maps.jpg

Again, I was here before they installed turf. But look at that sideline space. It's by far the worst I've ever seen.

This is top row of the home side. Best view you're gonna get except the students that sit on the slope between the stands and the fence.

Kit Carson, CO

I probably shouldn't include them since they're a 6-man team and there's lots of bad ones in this level. But it was a combination of the new school getting built and they utilized generator lights which I was told was not much better than their old lights.

Concessions

Restrooms

Ipswich, SD

This one is entirely about the poor lighting.

At least the sunset was nice.
[

Game winning TD can barely be seen. Home team all in black doesn't help at all (in SD and NM, when a team leads by 50 after halftime the game ends, though in SD, the 35 running clock also starts).

Greenville is terrible as well. Players walk through the parking lot from the locker room to get to the field and some parts it's gravel. It must be Darke County? Mississinawa and Greenville are terrible however Ansonia has a nice on campus facility, Versailles has a cozy stadium in town as well.

Mathews OH

So, this was a decade ago and before I started going to games with a camera. So bask in the quality of a Blackberry.

I'm not going to quote every picture, but I appreciate you taking the time to post these. The one with the stands really far away and facing the sun is pretty mad. This Mathews one looks pretty rough as well. I enjoy looking at the pictures you take from around the country. Thanks!

Greenville is terrible as well. Players walk through the parking lot from the locker room to get to the field and some parts it's gravel. It must be Darke County? Mississinawa and Greenville are terrible however Ansonia has a nice on campus facility, Versailles has a cozy stadium in town as well.
Greenville is in the process of building a field house similar to Piqua/Sidney. Not necessarily similar in size/quality but similar to set up; just behind the north endzone. It will greatly improve the facility to what it is. I like the set up of the stadium with the stands running from endzone to endzone. I just wish they'd put a pressbox on the visitor's side.

I hate Ansonia's facility for 2 main reasons.
1. The locker room is pretty far away from the field
2. The way they cut their grass; it's way too long/thick all the time.

Mississinawa is terrible because the visitor bleachers look like something you'd see on a little league diamond. They start on the ground, are only 6-7 rows high and maybe 10yds long.

Arcanum's facility isn't bad; parking kind of stinks. The bleachers aren't the biggest either.

For being a newer facility/program, Tri-Village has a nice facility. The homeside is a decent size and has a good amount of chair back seats. They finally got permanent visitor stands this year. They're a little small but a big upgrade from what they've had.

I agree with you though that Versailles hands down has the nicest overall facility in the county.

I'm glad to hear Greenville is building a new facility, Ansonia, compared to Greenville to Mississinawa is big time. I forgot about Arcanum definitely decent. I haven't been to Tri-Village since their first year of football, glad to hear they've made improvements. I'm sure whenever Franklin-Monroe will be nice as well when they add football.

I agree, it's a great atmosphere; especially with a big game being played. I'm just not a fan of the parking and height of the pressbox.

I'm glad to hear Greenville is building a new facility, Ansonia, compared to Greenville to Mississinawa is big time. I forgot about Arcanum definitely decent. I haven't been to Tri-Village since their first year of football, glad to hear they've made improvements. I'm sure whenever Franklin-Monroe will be nice as well when they add football.
1653403333735.png

This is a computer rendetion of what the fieldhouse will look like.

Kit Carson, CO

I probably shouldn't include them since they're a 6-man team and there's lots of bad ones in this level. But it was a combination of the new school getting built and they utilized generator lights which I was told was not much better than their old lights.

Concessions

Restrooms

I'm not seeing a single thing wrong. The reality that you don't have to be all that just to have a good competitive football game with every bit the experience and bonding of the biggest and fanciest? I'm glad to know it still exists.

Here's hoping they do
Well its a longshot but anything is possible these days. Thats where Arcanum sends the soccer rejects since there only five miles apart and they do possess a decent playing field for soccer and track that is. I guess all you gotta do is set up goal posts and whatver kind of bleachers than can afford. who knows.

Call me crazy, but there's something endearing about this one. Maybe it's the barn.
Oh, it was definitely a nice setting. But no stands on the "home side", the visitor sideline only had seats starting at the ground level. Was just a weird experience.

I'll add Ellis, Kansas to the list. This is Old Ellis Field. When they built the new school they didn't build a new stadium. This building is closed but used for the field. It sits along half the home sideline. The "new" school was built in 1965. So Old Ellis Field still hosts the football games.

They had trees lined the visitor side but were felled during a storm before the season I was there.

They're both the Railroaders and the Railers. It's interchangeable.

Here's the aerial view:
Screenshot_20220524-213031_Maps.jpg

One of the best One Handed Catches I've ever captured. Too little too late.

Bonus points for the vintage truck in the background.

Well its a longshot but anything is possible these days. Thats where Arcanum sends the soccer rejects since there only five miles apart and they do possess a decent playing field for soccer and track that is. I guess all you gotta do is set up goal posts and whatver kind of bleachers than can afford. who knows.
Well they haven't fielded a soccer team I think for 2 seasons. For reasons I do not know. Probably low numbers

View attachment 29890

Grove City Christian is awful for watching a game. The stands are very small and only on one side. They have tried bringing in portable bleachers for the endzones but it doesn't end up working well.
The visiting team locker room is in a module classroom at the top right of the screen. It takes a good 2-3 minute walk to get there. They just added a shed for the home team locker room on the southside.

@The Dock probably has a few other comments from his trips.
Not too often someone nominates their school’s stadium as being one of the worst!

Yeah. This place is kinda… different. The people are great. I, just, personally… wish they had the field realigned to have away bleachers. Not a fan of being mixed in with other schools’ fans.

The visitor’s locker room situation isn’t ideal. One quirk is ‘Equally Enthusiastic for Both Teams’ PA announcer. Seems like a good guy. There’s been years where playing at GCC feels like a sixth home game. In recent years sometimes I have scratched this trip off my list because it simply isn’t how I want a Friday night spent (can go somewhere else.)

I hear folks from other schools complain that Fulton Field is “too big” for FC, but, like, this place is the perfect example of “too small.”

Kenmore Garfield is pretty rough as well
Yes the old Kenmore stadium. New bleachers but field is rough. Definitely back seat now to Akron Ellet and Akron Buchtel now they both have turf. I think with the new Garfield High School ( community learning center) open in Firestone Park, the football field will probably only be used for practice for the Akron Garfield Golden RAMS team in the not too distant future, Kenmore as stated before is NOMORE...