Worst Mascots in Ohio

I dislike color mascots such as Red Devils. Obviously the devil is red. Blue Devils is even worse because when do you ever see a blue devil.

Freeport, Illinois are the Pretzels due to the German heritage there.
images (4).jpeg

Pretty sure the adopting of orange was a workaround for copyright issues, e.g. Georgia Tech vs Mt Vernon
You'd think colleges would have better things to do than worry about high school colors, logos etc particularly from a different state but I know North Canton Hoover got a letter a few years ago from North Carolina about their NC logo.

Does anyone know of any schools that have separate mascots for certain sports teams within their district? For example, in Stark County East Canton is the Hornets in all sports except girls' basketball where they are the Wizards. Does anyone know of any other schools with anything similar?
Not sure if it's all sports or just GBB

It's the Bath Wildcats but GBB are the Wild Kittens. Not sure if volleyball, softball also use this or just GBB

Does anyone know of any schools that have separate mascots for certain sports teams within their district? For example, in Stark County East Canton is the Hornets in all sports except girls' basketball where they are the Wizards. Does anyone know of any other schools with anything similar?
Gallia Academy in Gallipolis the boys are Blue Devils girls teams are blue angels

It's the Bath Wildcats but GBB are the Wild Kittens. Not sure if volleyball, softball also use this or just GBB
I think it's for all girls sports. It's weird because kittens are just baby cats, not only girl cats.

North Dakota used to have the Devils Lake Satans. But the pearl clutching crowd finally got them to change the name to Devils Lake Firebirds.

OLSD redid their logos/branding, in the name of being more “uniform” (eye roll), and funny you mention it…

98de3eb6-440e-4e54-b907-8f2b82816f9a-0610poHSmascotlogos.jpg
Personally, I like the Olentangy district's rebranding. They're all modern and unique. Their school colors are displayed well.

Don't know if still exists but East Canton Hornets were boys and East Canton girls Wizards. Maybe because the school district is Osnaburg Local?

Someone named a high school girls team Wild Kittens? And they are worried about Native American names?

There's some pretty great mascots in Texas. Texas City Stingarees, Mason Punchers (Shortened from Cowpunchers), Fredericksburg Battlin Billy Goats, New Braunfels Unicorns, Calhoun Sandcrabs, and the always controversial Robstown Cotton Pickers

I've always liked the color scheme, nickname, and logo for my alma mater: the Oakwood Lumberjacks (and Jills). However, the execution of turning that nickname into an actual mascot is...........not great.

Attachments

• E-zY2wGWYAQShkn.jpg
    E-zY2wGWYAQShkn.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 15
  • mascot.jpg
    mascot.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 6RDWZPAKUPXD6EQJ24B2DN3CGI.jpg
    6RDWZPAKUPXD6EQJ24B2DN3CGI.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 16
Michigan's Upper Peninsula is home to the:

Gwinn Model Towners
Ishpeming Hematites
West Iron County Wykons

On a side note, what's with calling the girls' teams the "Lady ___________" when the mascot is asexual?

Do we really need "Lady Yellow Jackets", "Lady Wildcats", etc?
It's worse when the original nickname is clearly male and they stick "Lady" in front of it.
Lady Rams is one example in my area.
Are they confused, or making a transition?

It's not all of Bath girls sports. The girls soccer and volleyball teams are just the Wildcats. Not sure about softball.
That’s what I was saying. I’m pretty sure it’s just GBB. I don’t live in the area any more, so I forget.