WK 12 Fort Frye (11-0) vs Mogadore (10-1)

I understand the need for a tough schedule - I follow a MAC school and appreciate the meat grinder we go through - but somehow Kirtland does it every year without facing much stiff competition and they don’t struggle late in games on the big stage.

Fort Frye only trailed 12 seconds in the second half all year and that was last night.
That kind of proves my point. They have not been in a close drag out game all year until last night.

They are a great team that didn’t know what to do. It was evident by the play calling on their last drive.

They haven’t been able to pass all night but have ran up and down the field on Mogadore.

The smart move would have been to run the clock and go to OT since Mogadore likely would not be able to stop them from the 20.

Throwing the ball gives Mogadore, who had been able to throw the ball all night except for the 3 tipped passes to INTs, another chance in regulation...and they had the momentum.

FF was a great team and if your returning numbers are true they will be back next year. Playing Trimble will help.

I understand the need for a tough schedule - I follow a MAC school and appreciate the meat grinder we go through - but somehow Kirtland does it every year without facing much stiff competition and they don’t struggle late in games on the big stage.
If you look back at Kirtland’s history, their first couple years in the playoffs they did not do well.

But after that I agree, they do very well with really only Cuyahoga Heights being a decent team on their schedule.

They are an outlier though.

That kind of proves my point. They have not been in a close drag out game all year until last night.

They are a great team that didn’t know what to do. It was evident by the play calling on their last drive.

They haven’t been able to pass all night but have ran up and down the field on Mogadore.

The smart move would have been to run the clock and go to OT since Mogadore likely would not be able to stop them from the 20.

Throwing the ball gives Mogadore, who had been able to throw the ball all night except for the 3 tipped passes to INTs, another chance in regulation...and they had the momentum.

FF was a great team and if your returning numbers are true they will be back next year. Playing Trimble will help.
Completely agree. Should've played for ot. Moreover i wish we would've went for 2 after the 2nd td. That gives us a chance to be up 9 and that changes the entire complexion of the 2nd half.

If you look back at Kirtland’s history, their first couple years in the playoffs they did not do well.

But after that I agree, they do very well with really only Cuyahoga Heights being a decent team on their schedule.

They are an outlier though.
You do make a fair point in that we tend to do well even with a horrible conference schedule.

I will say though that this year we bumped up our schedule a bit...

We beat Riverside who won a D-II playoff game last year, but didn’t make it this year because five of their games were against Perry (OH), Kirtland, Chardon, Kenston, AND Mayfield. That’s an insane schedule for the Beavers!

We also scheduled Geneva who would have made the playoffs had they not lost to us & Perry.

Also, Beachwood made the playoffs this year, so it was nice to see another CVC team along with us & Heights in the picture.

But yes...in prior years...our schedules were not great. Thankfully when we lost in the regular season, it was to teams that finished 9-1 or 10-0.

On a different note, this game looks like it was a classic! I followed this as it was happening because Kirtland’s had run-ins with both these teams in the past, especially last year.

I’m surprised FF was able to keep the Moggy O at bay for so long! And on the other side, I was even more shocked that Mogadore held FF to 14 points! Sounds like this game was won in the trenches (except for the blocked punt at the end). Props to Mogadore for performing when it matters most...

No matter who won this game...it was going to be a tough pill to swallow. I’m not one to underestimate the 1 seed in Springfield...but I had the winner of this game going to the title in a few weeks. We’ll see if Springfield has something to say about that though. Kirtland also played them a few years ago back in Austintown I believe. Hope it’s a good one next week!

FF is too good of a team to play that mediocre of a schedule. The best team they played was Meadowbrook and the only two playoff teams they played were both D7.

A great team that has had two good playoff runs in a row needs to schedule tougher OOC games to get them prepared better for teams like Kirtland and Mogadore.

With 1:30 left and knowing he hasn’t been able to pass all night but has ran up and down the field, the FF coach should have ran out the clock and went to OT. Let the two running games duke it out in OT.

If you aren’t in any tight games all year you don’t have to think about things like that in the 4th Q.

Just word of advice. The team was great, probably more talented overall than Mogadore was. But I believe they lost just because they hadn’t been in a tough game all season long.

I am still trying to figure out how the refs called that 10 yard incompletion a forward fumble that gave FF a first down and almost handed them the game.
i absolutely agree about that call. was sitting right there on the 49yd line when it happened. npone of the officials blw there whistles , since they dont have instant replay there is no way they should have ruled it a fumble. if it doubt it its incomplete pass. u cant let them advance it 20 yards forward on a fumble. luckily it didnt cost us the game. that was a critical point in the game. could have been a game changer right there..

i absolutely agree about that call. was sitting right there on the 49yd line when it happened. npone of the officials blw there whistles , since they dont have instant replay there is no way they should have ruled it a fumble. if it doubt it its incomplete pass. u cant let them advance it 20 yards forward on a fumble. luckily it didnt cost us the game. that was a critical point in the game. could have been a game changer right there..
The call that wasn't made all game was simulating the snap count by mogadore. They kept yelling motion motion at the same time every snap trying to get ff to jump. Sounded like go, pretty way to get false start penalties on your opponents. Good luck to them

The call that wasn't made all game was simulating the snap count by mogadore. They kept yelling motion motion at the same time every snap trying to get ff to jump. Sounded like go, pretty way to get false start penalties on your opponents. Good luck to them
So FF sends someone in motion and the defense yelling “motion motion” is now something you want to call simulating a snap count?

So FF sends someone in motion and the defense yelling “motion motion” is now something you want to call simulating a snap count?
We both know that wasn't it. Let's just say this. They weren't calling motion when the player started in motion. They were "timing" it out as best they could to the snap count. Our qb did a bad job changing or sticking to his cadence. Call it what you will, gamesmanship or whatever. But it was clearly a planned thing. Did it cost us the game, of course not. Did ff have more false starts that game than the previous 11 combined, yes. Just saying

We both know that wasn't it. Let's just say this. They weren't calling motion when the player started in motion. They were "timing" it out as best they could to the snap count. Our qb did a bad job changing or sticking to his cadence. Call it what you will, gamesmanship or whatever. But it was clearly a planned thing. Did it cost us the game, of course not. Did ff have more false starts that game than the previous 11 combined, yes. Just saying
1. I wasn’t doing anything as I was in the stands.
2. Our coaches and players would yell motion when a kid went in motion. This is not illegal and none of the 6 referees there thought it was illegal either.
3. If your kids can’t tell the difference between “motion” and “set/hut” then I am not sure what else to tell you.
4. Was yelling “motion” gamesmanship? Not sure. But I know it was quite obvious that the FF players, the cheerleaders, the band and the fans were all “coached up” to yell/get loud when Mogadore QB and players would look over for audible calls from the OC. It’s actually against the rules for the band to play while the ball is set for play. You know why no Mogadore poster got on here and complained about that? Because we understand it was on our QB and OC to adapt. To be honest I don’t think we did adapt well to that.

Relax, you are wrong. You even admitted in your first post that they were yelling “motion” and some of your players misheard it as set/hut. You just sound like sour grapes.

1. I wasn’t doing anything as I was in the stands.
2. Our coaches and players would yell motion when a kid went in motion. This is not illegal and none of the 6 referees there thought it was illegal either.
3. If your kids can’t tell the difference between “motion” and “set/hut” then I am not sure what else to tell you.
4. Was yelling “motion” gamesmanship? Not sure. But I know it was quite obvious that the FF players, the cheerleaders, the band and the fans were all “coached up” to yell/get loud when Mogadore QB and players would look over for audible calls from the OC. It’s actually against the rules for the band to play while the ball is set for play. You know why no Mogadore poster got on here and complained about that? Because we understand it was on our QB and OC to adapt. To be honest I don’t think we did adapt well to that.

Relax, you are wrong. You even admitted in your first post that they were yelling “motion” and some of your players misheard it as set/hut. You just sound like sour grapes.
Not sour grapes at all. Just saying what was happening. Let me know if they do it all next game vs non wing t offense. I'm sure they did all year as well. No worries, we lost fair and square. As far as our 10 member band playing during game, i can never hear them. But yes our fans are smart enougb to yell when needed and that definitely isn't a penalty. It was a 1 in 1000 comeback, sometimes the best team doesn't win. It happens and it's been accepted

Not sour grapes at all. Just saying what was happening. Let me know if they do it all next game vs non wing t offense. I'm sure they did all year as well. No worries, we lost fair and square. As far as our 10 member band playing during game, i can never hear them. But yes our fans are smart enougb to yell when needed and that definitely isn't a penalty. It was a 1 in 1000 comeback, sometimes the best team doesn't win. It happens and it's been accepted
As evidence by your posts it really hasn’t been accepted.

You definitely have sour grapes. It was proven when you said “the best team doesn’t always win” and “1/1000 comeback”.

The game was tied without much of a “1/1000” thing going on. Then your coach goes and does the worst thing he can do, try to pass the ball when he hasn’t been able to pass all game. He should have ran the ball, Hope for a big play, but play for OT.

Then, great coaching by the fact that Mogadore coaches saw a flaw in the punt blocking on film from FF. They said in the paper they knew they could block a punt based on film going into the game, but didn’t call a punt block until it was needed.

Relax, take a deep breath, come back next season. We will see you again in the playoffs. I know we will be there, assume you will make it as well.

As evidence by your posts it really hasn’t been accepted.

You definitely have sour grapes. It was proven when you said “the best team doesn’t always win” and “1/1000 comeback”.

The game was tied without much of a “1/1000” thing going on. Then your coach goes and does the worst thing he can do, try to pass the ball when he hasn’t been able to pass all game. He should have ran the ball, Hope for a big play, but play for OT.

Then, great coaching by the fact that Mogadore coaches saw a flaw in the punt blocking on film from FF. They said in the paper they knew they could block a punt based on film going into the game, but didn’t call a punt block until it was needed.

Relax, take a deep breath, come back next season. We will see you again in the playoffs. I know we will be there, assume you will make it as well.
Just stating the obvious. The better team didn't win. Of course it hurts we lost the game. It will always hurt. But to say that wasn't some type of fluke ending then you're very misguided. Your newspaper headline read miracle at meadowbrook. Your coach said it was unique. Agreed our coach should've played for ot, i wish we went for 2 after 2nd td. Both teams played a great game and it was a shame they played so early. No sour grapes here, just a lot of nausea

????? bro please tell me your joking right? Every team does that ik you upset y'all lost but come on bro ik you ain't that silly

Just stating the obvious. The better team didn't win. Of course it hurts we lost the game. It will always hurt. But to say that wasn't some type of fluke ending then you're very misguided. Your newspaper headline read miracle at meadowbrook. Your coach said it was unique. Agreed our coach should've played for ot, i wish we went for 2 after 2nd td. Both teams played a great game and it was a shame they played so early. No sour grapes here, just a lot of nausea
Geez you can’t be serious.

You want to talk about fluke?

All 3 of FF’s ints in the 2nd half we’re balls that were tipped in the air. None of them were great plays by a FF defender that cut in front of a Mogadore WR. They were fluke plays.

All 3 were when Mogadore was driving.

If not for those fluke plays Mogadore would have had a 2 score lead going into the last few minutes.

Mogadore had more offensive yards by far in the game.

You 100% sure FF was the better team? Or you just have sour grapes?

FF played nearly a perfect game until the last 1:30 and still was only up by 1 score. Mogadore had 3 bad tipped ints and was only down 1 score. You sure the “better team lost”?

The better team did win stop it I have never even heard of FF into last season but y'all fans talk a lot of nonsense y'all act like y'all the best team in damn state bruh be humble please... Ik this bout to sound dumb af but w/e I would love to see FF play Massillon to shut y'all up I thought the D1/D2 threads was bad good god I was wrong ???

Geez you can’t be serious.

You want to talk about fluke?

All 3 of FF’s ints in the 2nd half we’re balls that were tipped in the air. None of them were great plays by a FF defender that cut in front of a Mogadore WR. They were fluke plays.

All 3 were when Mogadore was driving.

If not for those fluke plays Mogadore would have had a 2 score lead going into the last few minutes.

Mogadore had more offensive yards by far in the game.

You 100% sure FF was the better team? Or you just have sour grapes?

FF played nearly a perfect game until the last 1:30 and still was only up by 1 score. Mogadore had 3 bad tipped ints and was only down 1 score. You sure the “better team lost”?
Ok, i see this is pointless. Watch the film. All 3 passes were tipped, by a defender. I guess defenders being in the right spot and your qb forcing the ball into bad spots are flukes. Got it.

Ff played no where near a perfect game, aka penalties galore, missed assignments etc. Also playing without adkins hurt us as well.

No where did i say your last drive was a fluke. It was well executed and well done. I called the ending 1/1000. Your coach called it the most unique ending he's been involved in. Your paper called it a miracle. But you don't counter any of those points. I see now discussion is pointless.

Do i think we were slightly better than you. Yes. Did we win. No. You keep saying sour grapes, wrong. Disappointed, yes. Nausea, yes. Good luck next week.

Ok, i see this is pointless. Watch the film. All 3 passes were tipped, by a defender. I guess defenders being in the right spot and your qb forcing the ball into bad spots are flukes. Got it.

Ff played no where near a perfect game, aka penalties galore, missed assignments etc. Also playing without adkins hurt us as well.

No where did i say your last drive was a fluke. It was well executed and well done. I called the ending 1/1000. Your coach called it the most unique ending he's been involved in. Your paper called it a miracle. But you don't counter any of those points. I see now discussion is pointless.

Do i think we were slightly better than you. Yes. Did we win. No. You keep saying sour grapes, wrong. Disappointed, yes. Nausea, yes. Good luck next week.
Bro all joking aside, I have no dog in this fight whatsoever, but from my understanding, y'all forced 3 turnovers and still lost the game obviously Moggy was the better team, because a good team that gets 3 turnovers, especially in the playoffs, is going to turn that into points and 9 times out of 10 that's gonna be a win

Last edited:
Bro all joking aside, I have no dog in this fight whatsoever, but from my understanding, y'all forced 3 turnovers and still lost the game obviously Moggy was the better team, because a good team that gets 3 turnovers, especially in the playoffs, is going to turn that into points and 9 times out of 10 that's gonna be a dubwas the better team, because a good team that gets 3 turnovers, especially in the playoffs, is going to turn that into points and 9 times out of 10 that's gonna be a w.
I was thinking the same thing. Getting three interceptions and still losing is not an example of being the better team. In my mind there are only 2 legit reasons a team could make the claim that even though they lost they were the better team. 1. Terrible weather and/or field conditions which is always the great equalizer. 2. Multiple in game injuries to key players, one of which being the quarterback. Neither of these things applies to this game. The ending was very unique and fortunate for Mogadore. But the game was tied when that happened, they weren’t losing at the time.

I was thinking the same thing. Getting three interceptions and still losing is not an example of being the better team. In my mind there are only 2 legit reasons a team could make the claim that even though they lost they were the better team. 1. Terrible weather and/or field conditions which is always the great equalizer. 2. Multiple in game injuries to key players, one of which being the quarterback. Neither of these things applies to this game. The ending was very unique and fortunate for Mogadore. But the game was tied when that happened, they weren’t losing at the time.
right I agree with everything you said when you're playing a veteran playoff team, like that, that is always in the hunt for the state championship, you gotta be a special team and knock them off, everything comes into play coaching the players, everything, teams that are used to being in that position as well, find a way to win that's how you define a good team from a great team, a great team is going to win that game, a good team is gonna be happy about keeping it close and saying they should have won.

Great thing about football is that it's all about finding out who is the better team.
Not like gymnastics or figure skating where people off the field of play subjectively determine the style and substance of your performance.
One could argue that FF played better for some portion of the game.
FF had 48 minutes to prove they were the better team, the same 48 minutes Mogadore had, same rules, same field.
That's why you play the game.

The better team did win stop it I have never even heard of FF into last season but y'all fans talk a lot of nonsense y'all act like y'all the best team in damn state bruh be humble please... Ik this bout to sound dumb af but w/e I would love to see FF play Massillon to shut y'all up I thought the D1/D2 threads was bad good god I was wrong ???
Massillon would kill us. No where did i say we were the best team, just better than mogadore. You have heard of us because we aren't even close to you geographically.
Great thing about football is that it's all about finding out who is the better team.
Not like gymnastics or figure skating where people off the field of play subjectively determine the style and substance of your performance.
One could argue that FF played better for some portion of the game.
FF had 48 minutes to prove they were the better team, the same 48 minutes Mogadore had, same rules, same field.
That's why you play the game.
No doubt. Mogadore had more points at the end of the game. Good luck to them. Hope they win it all. But all sports are subjective to a degree. Officials are not infallible, so football is also subjective. Just saying that in general.

You got 1 thing right in that whole glob of nonsense.

It is pointless. It is pointless to argue when you are so obviously wrong.

2 of the 3 interceptions were off of the Mogadore receivers’ hands, only one was tipped first by a defender.

As said by others above, the “better team” turns 3 interceptions in the second half into points and wins. The “better team” doesn't get 3 interceptions and manage to lose a HS football game.

The game was tied when, what you call a “fluke” happened. It’s not like Mogadore was down, got the punt block, got an onside kick and scored again or some nonsense.

Only time you can say the better team lost, or even not look like sour grapes when you say that, is like Walsh said, terrible weather or multiple key injuries.

Just relax and make it back next year for another shot, we will be there to play again. 10 of the last 20 seasons we have played in the regional finals, so 50/50 chance we will be in line to play you next year if you make it.

You got 1 thing right in that whole glob of nonsense.

It is pointless. It is pointless to argue when you are so obviously wrong.

2 of the 3 interceptions were off of the Mogadore receivers’ hands, only one was tipped first by a defender.

As said by others above, the “better team” turns 3 interceptions in the second half into points and wins. The “better team” doesn't get 3 interceptions and manage to lose a HS football game.

The game was tied when, what you call a “fluke” happened. It’s not like Mogadore was down, got the punt block, got an onside kick and scored again or some nonsense.

Only time you can say the better team lost, or even not look like sour grapes when you say that, is like Walsh said, terrible weather or multiple key injuries.

Just relax and make it back next year for another shot, we will be there to play again. 10 of the last 20 seasons we have played in the regional finals, so 50/50 chance we will be in line to play you next year if you make it.
Got it. Never called getting the punt blocked a fluke. Let's just say the last 3 minutes of that game was unique, i will just quote your coach on that. Good luck.

You literally called it a fluke right here. You said before you weren’t talking about the tying drive so that only leaves the blocked punt as the “fluke ending”.

Hate to be show your own words, but yes you did call it a fluke.

You literally called it a fluke right here. You said before you weren’t talking about the tying drive so that only leaves the blocked punt as the “fluke ending”.

Hate to be show your own words, but yes you did call it a fluke.
Whatever. Last 3 minutes were unique. That's what inwas talking about. Blocking a punt is not a fluke just like intercepting the ball isn't a fluke. Crazy ending, that's all. Good luck.