WK 12 Fort Frye (11-0) vs Mogadore (10-1)

OHSAA 2019 Football Tournament Regulations-

1.2 The Football Administrator will select the sites for all other regional and the state semifinal games. The site of all tournament games will be based upon the best site available based on TOTAL travel and the accommodations of the site. It is not our intention to have schools travel the same distance to sites. State semifinal sites will be based entirely on the accommodations of the site.

OHSAA 2019 Football Tournament Regulations-

1.2 The Football Administrator will select the sites for all other regional and the state semifinal games. The site of all tournament games will be based upon the best site available based on TOTAL travel and the accommodations of the site. It is not our intention to have schools travel the same distance to sites. State semifinal sites will be based entirely on the accommodations of the site.

This should be obvious to anybody from the western part of the State come state championship week.

Would love to see the choices and maybe let the teams AD’s decide on it if there is more than one. Let’s face it... There is good money for some towns in hosting a playoff game. Why any school wouldn’t put in bids in beyond me unless they are a perennial playoff contender. Restaurant, Gas, Lodging, I’m sure is a nice benefit for some towns.
ohsaa sounds like the Roman Empire edict with that language.
They should have just said “ you go where we say and don’t bitch about it or we will screw you over every year” .

This should be obvious to anybody from the western part of the State come state championship week.

Would love to see the choices and maybe let the teams AD’s decide on it if there is more than one. Let’s face it... There is good money for some towns in hosting a playoff game. Why any school wouldn’t put in bids in beyond me unless they are a perennial playoff contender. Restaurant, Gas, Lodging, I’m sure is a nice benefit for some towns.
They should have just said “ you go where we say and don’t bitch about it or we will screw you over every year” .

I think the major problem is getting people to work the stadiums. I think the OHSAA does the best it can. I see on yappi bitching all the time about this school is closer or it should be here. Volunteer to work the game then!

I think the major problem is getting people to work the stadiums. I think the OHSAA does the best it can. I see on yappi bitching all the time about this school is closer or it should be here. Volunteer to work the game then!

Yes. It’s a possibility. Also the bigger schools all playing on Friday could be so players being recruited by colleges can visit that college on game day. Averages will point to big high school, big time college besides anomalies. These players can also be scouted by recruiting easier on Friday nights. If the Buckeyes keep playing noon games saturday at noon, shouldn’t be a problem.

As far as parents no wanting to work the stadiums. Well , ppl are work more hrs these days as 12,hr days is the new norm unfortunately. And girls sports/ soccer is also being played.

It is what is is. First off I see many venues do not want the playoff games anymore. Schools have teams playing, College recruiters might watch a few kids, they have camps for the best. I am self employed and work more hours than any man should (lol). I know my workers only work 8 hrs cause I can't afford the lack of production after that. Regardless good luck all the teams this week and hope for no major injuries! GO MOGADORE!!

The financial benefit for the host site itself isn’t great enough to be worth the effort in many cases. Concession revenue goes to its normal place (the band in my school’s case). The only money the athletic dept. is in a position to make is parking. If it’s not a well-attended game, then the juice is hardly worth the squeeze. It’s just easier to winterize the stadium after the school’s football season ends and call it a day.

The financial benefit for the host site itself isn’t great enough to be worth the effort in many cases. Concession revenue goes to its normal place (the band in my school’s case). The only money the athletic dept. is in a position to make is parking. If it’s not a well-attended game, then the juice is hardly worth the squeeze. It’s just easier to winterize the stadium after the school’s football season ends and call it a day.

That is true, OHSAA gets 100% of the gate, the host school gets concession (usually band or sports boosters, not the school) and parking if they have a spot to collect for it.

If any of you were at the Mogadore v Brookfield game last week you saw the cats Qb Popa #11 get hurt. He went back in the game last friday, but this week the cats have been giving the majority of the reps to their backup qb's Butler Jaber and Marmash. Popa is most likely out friday against the cadets, can the cats get it done without QB1?

If any of you were at the Mogadore v Brookfield game last week you saw the cats Qb Popa #11 get hurt. He went back in the game last friday, but this week the cats have been giving the majority of the reps to their backup qb's Butler Jaber and Marmash. Popa is most likely out friday against the cadets, can the cats get it done without QB1?
Are you on the team? If not, I am not sure how you would possibly know something in this realm since the team has practiced indoors all week with no one observing practice.

They have not been outside all week where people could observe practice. How would you know this?

I have a niece who goes to moggy, just what the boys have been saying. I don't have proof with my own eyes but no reason for my niece who barely knows football to say that without truth behind it.

I was at the game but couldn't tell what his injury was. If it is anything with the head I can guarantee he will be out this week. Go Mogadore from a Spartan.

I have a niece who goes to moggy, just what the boys have been saying. I don't have proof with my own eyes but no reason for my niece who barely knows football to say that without truth behind it.
Even if it is 100% true, why post it on a forum?
1. We are talking about a kids health here, not an NFL player/adult.
2. Why give FF that bit of information? It doesn’t make sense to do so.

I was at the game but couldn't tell what his injury was. If it is anything with the head I can guarantee he will be out this week. Go Mogadore from a Spartan.
Not his head, got the wind knocked out of him but if the above report is true I would guess ribs.

If it was head he would have never been allowed back in the game with concussion protocols.

Even if it is 100% true, why post it on a forum?
1. We are talking about a kids health here, not an NFL player/adult.
2. Why give FF that bit of information? It doesn’t make sense to do so.
100% agree. Love to talk about the team & games, but when folks start sharing backroom chatter about injuries, etc makes this whole thing seem seedy.

When did the OHSAA ever say it would be equidistant?
Never did.
It is way down the list on venue requirements.
No one would ever be Happy.
Ohsaa is always out to get " their" team.
Like there is some panel of guys that says " hey let's put it to team......."

I was working out at the Tallmadge Rec yesterday with my grandson and saw Mogadore practicing. I thought there Qb was a husky kid? Kid taking all the reps #3 was very athletic looking. If it’s any worth I did see one kid in sun glasses during practice, maybe concussion for q.b.?

So you have gunslinger here who makes his first post about this and DowntownBrown, who has been trolling Mogadore threads for weeks now, just so happens to log in a couple minutes later to post "good information"?

Come on, these 2 are the same person right?

I agree with Jmog .... when it comes down to it .... there just kids ... After reading this I texted a friend who is in the miller family though and he said they’ve been increasing reps at second and third string this week .. unfortunately that’s all the info he could give me ... moggy is very secretive this time of year most of the reason practice is held inside at private facilities

Popa looked fine to me when I saw throwing and running. He's ready to go. Looks like Moggy has 3 guys ready for play depending on the situation.

Who cares, none of that mattes when the fort fryes don't stand a chance against danny miller's and Big Cat's slant defense. Line up any of the 3 including the Left tackle Popa at Qb and cats beat the fryes

Well this thread has devolved into total nonsense.

Good luck to both teams tomorrow night.

Ignore the trolls.

Just because pancake82 knows stuff doesn't mean that he/she is a player. I don't know if any of you know this, but Mogadore is SMALL. People TALK. Get over yourselves and saying people are "trolls" when they probably know more than you do.

Just because pancake82 knows stuff doesn't mean that he/she is a player. I don't know if any of you know this, but Mogadore is SMALL. People TALK. Get over yourselves and saying people are "trolls" when they probably know more than you do.
No one called pancake82 a troll.