WK 12 Fort Frye (11-0) vs Mogadore (10-1)

Fort Frye played Kirtland tough last year. It was 21-18 Fort had the ball 1st n goal and threw a pick. It was 28-18 and all Kirtland had to do was knee it and QB had a late TD run 35-18 final. I think the Cadets learned a ton from that game.
You realize you have an excuse or reason for everything? People know FF is good, no need to pull all the mental gymnastics you are to prove it to people. Is it a Napoleon Complex or something?

You realize you have an excuse or reason for everything? People know FF is good, no need to pull all the mental gymnastics you are to prove it to people. Is it a Napoleon Complex or something?

Just trying to keep the thread active I talk about what I know. Give me some info on Mogadore.

Just trying to keep the thread active I talk about what I know. Give me some info on Mogadore.
Mogadore is efficient, fundamentally sound, and has depth. They have play makers at WR and RB. Their coaching staff is excellent with a ton of playoff experience. They are a second half team this year. I don’t think they have the horses in the trenches to come out and dominate from the start of games, but eventually they wear their opponents out with execution, technique, and like I mentioned before depth. They like to two platoon as much as possible, and this helps them in the second half of games. Most division 6 teams can’t keep pace for 4 quarters with them. This should be an excellent game.

How well did Mogadore play in the 2 Nd half vs Norwayne??
Fine until 2 recovered onside kicks late in the 4th. Game was out of reach, basically Mogadore started subbing too early. NW scores a TD on mostly backups, they get an onside kick and score quickly, get a 2nd onside kick and score again...

It was an insane few minutes.

I see this one going this way.Mogadore will jump out to the lead, with their offense being able to run the ball and pass it. Their defense is stout against the run and the pass. F.F. will be force to try and throw the ball and that will lead this to getting ugly, real ugly.

I see this one going this way.Mogadore will jump out to the lead, with their offense being able to run the ball and pass it. Their defense is stout against the run and the pass. F.F. will be force to try and throw the ball and that will lead this to getting ugly, real ugly.
Kinda agree. May not get “ugly” but Mogadore is better suited to attack FF than Dalton was and they are MUCH better equipped to defend their offense.

Well OHSAA strikes again. Fort Frye to Meadowbrook 40 miles, Mogadore to Meadowbrook 90 miles. Yep great math, that's halfway!! Luckily Mogadore travels well..GO WILDCATS!!!!

FF got a little help with the bus ride, 50 min rid vs Mogadore’s 1.5 hour.

Only other option, Dover, would have done the same the other way, about 50 for Mogadore and 1.5 hour for FF.

No, semifinals are guaranteed, but Rd 2 and Rd 3 are just “try to get turf”.
There are so many turf fields now..marlington has been trying to host a playoff game for 3 years and have never gotten a game...I wonder the last playoff game in round 2 or later that was played on grass..I’ll bet it’s been 8/10 years...just a guess

Fine until 2 recovered onside kicks late in the 4th. Game was out of reach, basically Mogadore started subbing too early. NW scores a TD on mostly backups, they get an onside kick and score quickly, get a 2nd onside kick and score again...

It was an insane few minutes.

Ok then.
On the same token your excuses for the 2nd half of Norwayne are no better than mental gymnastics / excuses you accused Kaponk of...

Now listen jmog I remember you from way back in the Huddle Days and your a very solid poster. I just think you was a little harsh with Kaponk and I’ve never ever heard of him.
Every is just talking ball here. Having fun.

I think Moggy wins in a close game, I have a lot of respect for that program. I think you will feel the same about Fort Frye next Sunday.
They are good ppl and the town loves them some football.

FF is not on the same level as Mogodore, Massillon. Steubenville with tradition or playoff records.... nope . But they will be if the coach stays and the well don’t dry up. This team thrives on being under estimated.
I have no dog in the fight, so no bias.
These small towns that are pretty much isolated are very tight.
My predictions

Moggy 42
FF - 35

if for some reason Moggy has a Norwayne second half:

Fort Frye - 27
Moggy- 21

I wish I could watch both Springfield vs Trimble and Mogadore vs Fort Frye.
In all honesty both these games could have been a Southeast Region vs Northeast Region Semi-Final game.

I don’t think there is no way the winner of this region doesn’t play the winner of the Northwest Region Champion for the State title. Talk about loaded teams. 4 teams combined for 39-1 Record. 2 teams are perennial powers and 2 teams have had great success the last decade.

This is what small school OHIO High School football is all about!!!

Best Entertainment money can buy!!

Good luck Fort Frye. The State didn't do Fort or Trimble any favors by putting them in the Northeast region, but we're here, and have a chance for there to be a Fort vs Trimble regional title played in the southeast part of the state

Ok then.
On the same token your excuses for the 2nd half of Norwayne are no better than mental gymnastics / excuses you accused Kaponk of...

Now listen jmog I remember you from way back in the Huddle Days and your a very solid poster. I just think you was a little harsh with Kaponk and I’ve never ever heard of him.

I think Moggy wins in a close game, I have a lot of respect for that program. I think you will feel the same about Fort Frye next Sunday.
They are good ppl and the town loves them some football.

FF is not on the same level as Mogodore, Massillon. Steubenville with tradition or playoff records.... nope . But they will be if the coach stays and the well don’t dry up. This team thrives on being under estimated.
I have no dog in the fight, so no bias.
These small towns that are pretty much isolated are very tight.
My predictions

Moggy 42
FF - 35

if for some reason Moggy has a Norwayne second half:

Fort Frye - 27
Moggy- 21
Ok then.

The difference is you specifically asked about the Norwayne game. Understand? If I had sat here and excused away every game that was relatively close this season for Mogadore that would have been the same thing. On the other hand I have repeatedly said this is a good Mogadore team, but not a great one. Matter of fact I have said the last 2 years were better.

You specifically asking about a game and me telling what happened is not the same as someone voluntarily bringing that up when no one asked. You know this, I know this.

For what it’s worth, I would have considered Mogadore last year a 2 score favorite over FF. But this year I believe FF is a slight, <7 point favorite.

For what it’s worth, both these teams are super solid. Just can’t get over FF giving up 38 points at home to a team that had no run game, had 5 turnovers & played no defense. Coach should definitely have their attention this week, but are those issues correctable?

As a Fort fan I would rather travel farther for a better venue. Fort is the away team for this game and the away seating is not big enough for Fort fans.

As a Fort fan I would rather travel farther for a better venue. Fort is the away team for this game and the away seating is not big enough for Fort fans.
wait to you see how well mogadore fans travel.most of the town will be there. we travel well wherever we go. we played at dover against shadyshide and it was packed.looking forward to a good game