Winton Woods vs Piqua

No way Piqua wins this game. WW by probably 20 plus.

Edgewood pushed them up and down the field in the first half. The difference in that game was the turnover on the first play resulting in super good field position for Piqua, which they scored from. Then later, Piqua got the gifted TD when the RB fumbled and the refs said he broke the plain first, which he clearly didn't. Too bad no replay but its clear on video.

Piqua had no answer for the Edgewood running game and their running back #3 is all they had on offense. Don't know why he didn't carry the ball more but he was playing defense also.

If Edgewood won that game WW would blow them out. The result for Piqua will be worse. Zeeman is just playing, he always likes to poke the WW crew. He knows that a couple of halftime adjustments by the Edgewood coaching staff (which they seldom do) and that game was over.

Congrats to Piqua for coaching their way through a superior but almost equal team in Edgewood, but that isn't going to happen this Friday no matter how bad we all want to see a new face win the region.

they would have made the play offs regards if they were expanded. Who cares what they did for decades the kids played well all year and it would have been rewarded with a playoff berth. If they werent expanded WW would have faced Kings again RD1 who knows what the outcome would have been?
WW with a win is what would happen. Kings was very lucky to win the first game

WW with a win is what would happen. Kings was very lucky to win the first game
Sometimes its better to be lucky than good.....

AND I would say other wise WW is lucky to have only Lost by a point the 3 Kings turnovers made it alot closer than it could have been
6 of the WW points came from the defense
WW 2-11 on 3rd down yea Kings was pretty lucky I guess

WW is going to worry about this game only.
The players will be focused and well prepared.
This coaching staff will make sure that the only focus is on Piqua.
Piqua has an excellent, winning tradition and are very well coached.
They know that they can win this game.

EXECUTE....and win the game.
Whichever team can do this will advance.

Go Warriors.

I thought it was about the team that was fielded this year….??‍♂️. 8-1 regular season and knocked off Troy, Trotwood. Forget the 100 years….that was a pretty good team that finished with their 5th string QB.

Piqua is still undefeated this year with wins over Tipp, Troy and Edgewood.

They were a good team.

Going back to look at how absolutely awful the AP voting in D2 was this year, who are the absolute morons who vote on this stuff? 3 of their top 4 teams didn't even reach the final 8. AP voters seem to be nearly as dumb as the Harbin logic is. We only care about wins, don't care who they were against, and don't care about games you lost to good teams where you still played well. When will people wake up and demand change?

1637109569348.png

Too big & too much speed for Piqua to keep up with. They're undefeated so we can't take them likely. Coach has been there for 30 years so I know they are going to come out w a few wrinkles but how long do they work & can the o line block our defensive line. 31-10 WW

I thought it was about the team that was fielded this year….??‍♂️. 8-1 regular season and knocked off Troy, Trotwood. Forget the 100 years….that was a pretty good team that finished with their 5th string QB.

Piqua is still undefeated this year with wins over Tipp, Troy and Edgewood.

They were a good team.
Well u getting ready to see the difference this week btw withrow and WW

Well u getting ready to see the difference this week btw withrow and WW
My bad…..
WW Vs Trotwood 17-0
Withrow Vs Trotwood 25-0 (without #1 QB)
Your rationale on why Piqua is a 2 score under dog is based on how Piqua played Withrow….and that 1. Withrow only made a expanded field and they were #8. 2. Because Piqua “struggled” against them.

My bad…..
WW Vs Trotwood 17-0
Your rationale on why Piqua is a 2 score under dog is based on how Piqua played Withrow….and that 1. Withrow only made a expanded field and they were #8. 2. Because Piqua “struggled” against them.
Correction

WW Vs Trotwood 18-0
Withrow VS Trotwood 25-0

My bad…..
WW Vs Trotwood 17-0
Trot wood ain’t good this year bad years happen any other trotwood team destroys withrow and I said they have some talent but it’s levels

piqua interior line will be under great stress from the opening kick off, I really don't see Piqua run game getting on track. For Piqua to win the QB will have to play out of his mind

Last edited:
I graduated from WW. And have got plenty of faith in my warriors. WW wins big! But much respect for Piqua. Good program and cool stadium. However I don’t think they got the athletes to hang with WW.

I watched some game action on Piqua last night.
Athletically WW looks bigger, faster and more physical just goin by the eye test.
I like some of the things Piqua does and some of their players are tough.

I think Piqua will need to run some counters, misdirection and pass to win this game.
If I were their coaches I'd empty the bag of trick plays this week.
Not sure they can just line up and run at WW but that is why they play the games.

On the other hand I'll be surprised if WW doesn't just pound the ball and hit some big plays.
Two cool programs with excellent traditions playing for the regional title so it will be fun.

They are a sound football team. Coached by longtime coach Bill Nees. I believe Nees has been there for 30 or so years?? They play in a week conference and didn’t really get tested this year until the playoffs. They have a good mix of run and pass with a great rb. They won’t be out coached.
They are big. The only way to beat them is by simply having better talent which I believe WW does.
They were almost out coached against Withrow. They kept abandoning plays they were having success with and had major penalty problems. That's all coaching.

I think Winton Woods should win ... but am not willing to rule out Piqua's coach pulling out some kind of magic. He's won a lot of games with lesser talent. I think the talent gap is too big for him to pull one out this time.

5th string QB I hear…..I would think that would be a little difficult.
Enough about them. I think the WW/Piqua game is a pickem!
I think you are confused. I said Piqua had coaching issues in that game. And, no, it was not Withrow's 5th string QB, he was the QB most of the season.

They were almost out coached against Withrow. They kept abandoning plays they were having success with and had major penalty problems. That's all
I think you are confused. I said Piqua had coaching issues in that game. And, no, it was not Withrow's 5th string QB, he was the QB most of the season.
Just curious. Was you at the game, watch the game? Withrow had 232 total yards. 142 of that came on 2 big plays in the first half. Withrow was 1-11 on 3rd down conversions. Piqua struggled to move the ball in the first half but was able to do better in the second. Definitely sounds like they were out coached. ?

Just curious. Was you at the game, watch the game? Withrow had 232 total yards. 142 of that came on 2 big plays in the first half. Withrow was 1-11 on 3rd down conversions. Piqua struggled to move the ball in the first half but was able to do better in the second. Definitely sounds like they were out coached. ?
Piqua had 242 total yards. ??‍♂️

I was at the game actually. Piqua had 9 penalties. How many times did Piqua keep trying to run the ball in between Withrow's 2 huge D-tackles? How many times did Piqua try to run outside? It every time they ran in between the Withrow's tackles and ends, they had success because Withrow's LBs aren't that great.... But then Piqua went right back to the other unsuccessful runs. Piqua also had success with intermediate passes, but kept trying other passes that weren't even close to being successful. Piqua also couldn't stop Withrow's full-house package, they were lucky Withrow's coach kept wanting to be cute and go spread.