Will any teams be ineligible for playoffs?

ElderHSfan02

I apologize if I missed this. Did OHSAA waive the minimum number of games played for a team to be eligible for the playoffs? The rule was a team had to play a minimum of 8 regular season games to count in the Harbins. I see some schools have already had 3 games canceled.

Will a team make the playoffs if they only play 7 games this season? In Region 4 16 teams are supposed to make the playoffs out of 17 teams in the region. Several have only played 2 games and one has only played 1 game so far.

EHS 2001

Yes. They reduced the minimum number of games to 5.

Greenwave9

I apologize if I missed this. Did OHSAA waive the minimum number of games played for a team to be eligible for the playoffs? The rule was a team had to play a minimum of 8 regular season games to count in the Harbins. I see some schools have already had 3 games canceled.

Will a team make the playoffs if they only play 7 games this season? In Region 4 16 teams are supposed to make the playoffs out of 17 teams in the region. Several have only played 2 games and one has only played 1 game so far.
what if there are multiple 0-10 teams in the top 16 of a region? What is OHSAA's stance on who will be included in the playoffs if this scenario takes place?

Mr. Slippery

2 questions:
1) The tournament regulations suggest that a team can opt out of participating in the playoffs, but there are no other details listed such as a date for when a team must declare its intent to opt in or out. Does anyone know if opting out is a viable option and when a team must declare that they're "out" (e.g. some date before they find out that they are seeded opposite some powerhouse in the 1st round)?

2) Will the October 1 contract deadline be waived to accommodate teams scrambling to put games together in October following last-minute cancellations due to COVID? I expect that the deadline would be waived, but I haven't seen anything official from the OHSAA on that matter.

Last edited:

WSAImpact

In Region 1 the only teams without a win are Euclid, Lorain and Shaker Heights. The latter two meet in week 8 I believe.