Why do you like/ dislike the NBA?

14Red

The NBA has kind of turned into a all in/ all out for fans. Why is that? Basketball continues to be one of the major sports in the country, in fact, you could say it's second behind the NFL.

I know a bit about volleyball, so I'll say that the point of the spandex is because of the quick movements and range of motion needed in a lot of plays. A lot of hitting the floor and bouncing right back up to keep playing. The explanation I've gotten is the spandex do a good job of not restricting that motion and are tight enough so that when you do hit the floor to dive, slide or roll, the shorts are staying in place so as to not expose anything. You're not gonna ever see men's volleyball players in those (thank God), but majority do wear sliding shorts underneath their uniform shorts for those same reasons.
Ok, so explain how they all have such nice kabooses? I think it’s totally sexist to have them wear the spandex

Soccer’s the only sport that hasn’t been ruined by commercials. Even NASCAR fell victim to the ads.

90 minutes for soccer plus a 20 minute halftime is much, much better than baseball.

Soccer’s biggest problem is the MLS is garbage. There are a lot of EPL fans but the English style doesn’t jive with the American spirit. Liga MX is what American viewers would actually find interesting. Those guys will be bleeding and the refs won’t call fouls, it is beautiful
I'd have to agree that typically getting through an entire game in under two hours with commercials coming only at halftime is a huge plus.

MLS is garbage, but IMO the biggest issue soccer has with attracting casual fans in this country is that there's limited scoring in high level competition when remotely even teams compete against each other. The typical American doesn't want to watch a match that's 0-0 until the 70th minute or later.

Women's sports like basketball didn't really become "competitive" until the 1970s. In those days there would have been few quality female candidates and a strong bias in most organizations to hire a man in a leadership position, hence the tendency for the bulk of "old" current coaches to be men.

This dynamic also allowed for a very rapid rise in the coaching careers of men who decided they pursue it. Auriemma only coached for 7-8 years including a couple years as a high school assistant before getting hired at UConn.

Called it. The woke crowd, who doesn’t even pay attention to sports, is going to throw a hissy fit every time a female coach gets passed over. This is why you never mix politics with sports. The people who care more about politics are far louder than the people who care about sports.

FC3F03FF-D2ED-4DBD-B5CD-9DC9EEF4382D.jpeg

It’s funny seeing the black NBA fans fighting it out with the white woke crowd & feminists on Twitter. It’s almost like there’s competing agendas. But clearly it’s the white men’s fault, we all know how prominent white men are in the NBA.

Spandex for movement?
Completely BS. Men VB wear them? Hoops players don't need quick movement?

Total horseshit explanation by SC.
I'm giving you the explanation I've seen from women. Don't shoot the messenger. Men wear regular shorts, typically with sliding shorts underneath, although, as with basketball, you'd be hard-pressed to find shorts that are at or below the knees these days.

I'm giving you the explanation I've seen from women. Don't shoot the messenger. Men wear regular shorts, typically with sliding shorts underneath, although, as with basketball, you'd be hard-pressed to find shorts that are at or below the knees these days.
They want people to look at them. No doubt.

But you better not look at them.......

Called it. The woke crowd, who doesn’t even pay attention to sports, is going to throw a hissy fit every time a female coach gets passed over. This is why you never mix politics with sports. The people who care more about politics are far louder than the people who care about sports.

View attachment 18312
This is the same reaction when NFL, NBA and MLB minority coaches are not hired. The NFL even has a Rooney rule where you have to interview minority candidates. Of course they also follow that up by saying if you're not seriously considering a candidate, don't interview them. Can't make this stuff up. The WNBA has former men's players like Bill Laimbeer coaching, why not have Hammon coach the women for awhile? Has she ever even been a head coach of any team?

This is the same reaction when NFL, NBA and MLB minority coaches are not hired. The NFL even has a Rooney rule where you have to interview minority candidates. Of course they also follow that up by saying if you're not seriously considering a candidate, don't interview them. Can't make this stuff up. The WNBA has former men's players like Bill Laimbeer coaching, why not have Hammon coach the women for awhile? Has she ever even been a head coach of any team?
I’ll say it again, why ignore reality? A good portion of players will not take orders from a woman. I’m not saying that’s a proper attitude to have, but it’s better to accept that as a reality instead of looking everywhere else for an answer.

So a team cannot wear regular shorts for volleyball?
Show me the rule.

Softball have to wear increasingly tight pants?

Sho
I assume they have to be provided by the school to meet compliance standards. IE you can’t throw a pair of regular gym shorts on and play with your normal top.

I assume they have to be provided by the school to meet compliance standards. IE you can’t throw a pair of regular gym shorts on and play with your normal top.
Show me a rule that says volleyball players must wear those tights and softball must wear tight tight tight yoga pants type!