Who's next at Claymont

Lol has to be. They all where out there welcome. Fired and fired. Heard from many that an old iv coach is coaching middle school at Np or Dover and is trying to turn the head coach in for everything to try and get that head job Lol. Not sure if true but would not be surprise if it is.

Will be back. It will take a year or two but a great hire. 3 applied 2 got interviews and 1 got the job. If someone wants to move because they didn’t get the job so be it. I’m willing to bet once the dust settles no one is moving. Np Dover both going D1 next year. Iv is trash and Newcomerstown has 6 kids. Time will tell tho. Let’s Get behind Kyle and be ready to go to get back on track.

with the 3 that put in for the job. The board got it right. Heard the AD wanted one and the board over ruled and got it right.

Let’s get ready to build this program back to being elite again.
The board had nothing to do with it lol idiot. That’s a Superintendent recommendation. Then board has to approve.

The board had nothing to do with it lol idiot. That’s a Superintendent recommendation. Then board has to approve.
You are dumber then u you sound. Principal AD do interviews. The AD Answers to the principal. Then they take The recommendation to the board. They were split is what I was told from a board member. They all met and agreed on who they hired. That’s how it works and has always worked. No need for name calling.

The sticking factor they could not over look was years of bashing the programs. Will see if the program can get back on track and if we see any improvements.

I told u this was already a done deal a few days ago. Just has to be fair with interviews. This will either be great for the district. Or turn into a crap show with in a year and will be hiring another coach soon.

Lol has to be. They all where out there welcome. Fired and fired. Heard from many that an old iv coach is coaching middle school at Np or Dover and is trying to turn the head coach in for everything to try and get that head job Lol. Not sure if true but would not be surprise if it is.

Will be back. It will take a year or two but a great hire. 3 applied 2 got interviews and 1 got the job. If someone wants to move because they didn’t get the job so be it. I’m willing to bet once the dust settles no one is moving. Np Dover both going D1 next year. Iv is trash and Newcomerstown has 6 kids. Time will tell tho. Let’s Get behind Kyle and be ready to go to get back on track.

with the 3 that put in for the job. The board got it right. Heard the AD wanted one and the board over ruled and got it right.

Let’s get ready to build this program back to being elite again.
Good luck!

You are dumber then u you sound. Principal AD do interviews. The AD Answers to the principal. Then they take The recommendation to the board. They were split is what I was told from a board member. They all met and agreed on who they hired. That’s how it works and has always worked. No need for name calling.

The sticking factor they could not over look was years of bashing the programs. Will see if the program can get back on track and if we see any improvements.
I can show you how dumb I sound? P.M me! A.D and superintendent did the views. And if you want smacked up? Hit the message button sissy.

Funny. The board has final say and approval.
No ? Didn’t know that lol ? when they have there board meeting? Hell that board sat in on the interviews with the principals? Because them principals make them choices? Probably the 1 jack@as we have on the board lol ? maybe he can turn us in again ha won’t even say the nickname, because that says it all. ?

No ? Didn’t know that lol ? when they have there board meeting? Hell that board sat in on the interviews with the principals? Because them principals make them choices? Probably the 1 jack@as we have on the board lol ? maybe he can turn us in again ha won’t even say the nickname, because that says it all. ?
Who’s the AD Boss? Enough said. Oh and message was sent. Crickets

Ad’s do not report to principal, the ad runs the athletics, the principal runs the academics. They both individually report to the superintendent, who reports to the school board who is voted by the district people.

That St Eds match was pre sale only on tickets,standing room!After the whistle blew it was obvious Stangs were in for it.?

Position: Athletic Director

POSITION SUMMARY
The Director of Athletics is a member of the school administrative team reporting to the High School Principal. The Director is responsible for leading all phases of the school's athletic program, including scheduling of practices and games, hiring qualified coaches, and ensuring that all student-athletes meet both internal and DIAA (Delaware Interscholastic Athletic Association) standards for conduct and eligibility. Additionally, the Director of Athletics is the school liaison to the Sports Boosters.

GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
 Share a commitment to the success of the mission, goals, and objectives of the MOT Charter School.
 Set high expectations and standards for yourself and others.
 Live out the school’s mission, vision and goals.
 Establish a professional rapport with students and with staff that earns their respect.
 Display the highest ethical and professional behavior and standards when working with
students, parents, school personnel, and agencies associated with the school.
 Serve as a role model for students by dressing professionally, accepting responsibility for your
actions, and demonstrating good sportsmanship, the importance of learning, and pride in the
education profession.
 Inspire confidence in students and families.
 Develop an open and trusting relationship among faculty, students and community members.
 Observe and follow all Board policies and all procedures and policies as outlined in the MOT
Charter School Employee Manual.
 Display personal qualities that reflect favorably upon you and the school. Share responsibility
for professional, cooperative staff relations and for activities important to the operation of the
school.
 Conduct oneself according to professional, ethical principles.

SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Athletics and Activities
 With the High School Principals, coordinate and manage all areas of athletic program including annual budgeting, officials, transportation, league meetings, equipment, student eligibility, eligibility handbook, ticket selling, and inventory.
 Recruit, coordinate and evaluate all coaches and sponsors for the high school athletic program.
 Work with the administrative team in developing yearly, monthly and weekly calendars of
events.
 Keep the Head of School and High School Principals informed of athletic activities and
concerns.
 Maintain current knowledge of changes and developments in DIAA rules and regulations.
 With the High School Principals, create and implement a program for the orientation and
development of new coaches.

 Attend and supervise all home athletic events, serving as administrator-in-charge in the absence of senior administrators.
 Assure that coaches and players adhere to DIAA rules.
 Verify that all athletes are academically eligible, medically cleared, have insurance, have been
released by parents, and have signed Code of Conduct form.
 Schedule all competitions, including transportation and officials.
 Keep records of all awards/letters issued.
 Purchase all equipment and uniforms.
 Work with the facilities department to provide adequate practice and playing facilities,
assisting with maintenance and care as needed.
 Troubleshoot the day-to-day operation of a high school athletic program.
 Ensure that each varsity coach maintain an accurate inventory of equipment and materials, and
file such an inventory at the conclusion of each season.
 Serves as a liaison between the athletic booster groups, coaches, and administration.
 Work closely with the staff and administration to develop and enforce an athletic/academic
code of conduct which is consistent with the goals of the staff and administration.
 Assist in the responsibility for certification of coaching staff and walk-on coaches in
accordance with state guidelines.
 Assume the responsibility for the safety and welfare of students whenever a danger is
observed on or about the campus.
 Regularly inspect all department facilities and grounds to ensure compliance with all applicable
codes and regulations.
 Maintain visibility with students, staff, parents, and the community by attending practices and
events regularly.
 Keep the staff informed and seek ideas for the improvement of the athletic and/or
extracurricular program.
 Performs other tasks and assumes other responsibilities related to activities or athletics.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
 Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in teaching or a related field
 Current first aid certification and CPR certification
 Excellent administrative experience
 Five years’ relevant work experience with high school students
 Excellent organizational skills and the ability to motivate people Other Required Skills & Abilities:
 Strong written/verbal communication skills
 Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
 Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Outlook and in the use of a student information system
 Ability to quickly learn new technologies and tools

Disclaimer: This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way to modify, the right of any supervisor to assign, direct or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The use of a particular illustration shall not be used to exclude non-listed duties of similar kind or level of difficulty.

Position: Athletic Director

POSITION SUMMARY
The Director of Athletics is a member of the school administrative team reporting to the High School Principal. The Director is responsible for leading all phases of the school's athletic program, including scheduling of practices and games, hiring qualified coaches, and ensuring that all student-athletes meet both internal and DIAA (Delaware Interscholastic Athletic Association) standards for conduct and eligibility. Additionally, the Director of Athletics is the school liaison to the Sports Boosters.

GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
 Share a commitment to the success of the mission, goals, and objectives of the MOT Charter School.
 Set high expectations and standards for yourself and others.
 Live out the school’s mission, vision and goals.
 Establish a professional rapport with students and with staff that earns their respect.
 Display the highest ethical and professional behavior and standards when working with
students, parents, school personnel, and agencies associated with the school.
 Serve as a role model for students by dressing professionally, accepting responsibility for your
actions, and demonstrating good sportsmanship, the importance of learning, and pride in the
education profession.
 Inspire confidence in students and families.
 Develop an open and trusting relationship among faculty, students and community members.
 Observe and follow all Board policies and all procedures and policies as outlined in the MOT
Charter School Employee Manual.
 Display personal qualities that reflect favorably upon you and the school. Share responsibility
for professional, cooperative staff relations and for activities important to the operation of the
school.
 Conduct oneself according to professional, ethical principles.

SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Athletics and Activities
 With the High School Principals, coordinate and manage all areas of athletic program including annual budgeting, officials, transportation, league meetings, equipment, student eligibility, eligibility handbook, ticket selling, and inventory.
 Recruit, coordinate and evaluate all coaches and sponsors for the high school athletic program.
 Work with the administrative team in developing yearly, monthly and weekly calendars of
events.
 Keep the Head of School and High School Principals informed of athletic activities and
concerns.
 Maintain current knowledge of changes and developments in DIAA rules and regulations.
 With the High School Principals, create and implement a program for the orientation and
development of new coaches.

 Attend and supervise all home athletic events, serving as administrator-in-charge in the absence of senior administrators.
 Assure that coaches and players adhere to DIAA rules.
 Verify that all athletes are academically eligible, medically cleared, have insurance, have been
released by parents, and have signed Code of Conduct form.
 Schedule all competitions, including transportation and officials.
 Keep records of all awards/letters issued.
 Purchase all equipment and uniforms.
 Work with the facilities department to provide adequate practice and playing facilities,
assisting with maintenance and care as needed.
 Troubleshoot the day-to-day operation of a high school athletic program.
 Ensure that each varsity coach maintain an accurate inventory of equipment and materials, and
file such an inventory at the conclusion of each season.
 Serves as a liaison between the athletic booster groups, coaches, and administration.
 Work closely with the staff and administration to develop and enforce an athletic/academic
code of conduct which is consistent with the goals of the staff and administration.
 Assist in the responsibility for certification of coaching staff and walk-on coaches in
accordance with state guidelines.
 Assume the responsibility for the safety and welfare of students whenever a danger is
observed on or about the campus.
 Regularly inspect all department facilities and grounds to ensure compliance with all applicable
codes and regulations.
 Maintain visibility with students, staff, parents, and the community by attending practices and
events regularly.
 Keep the staff informed and seek ideas for the improvement of the athletic and/or
extracurricular program.
 Performs other tasks and assumes other responsibilities related to activities or athletics.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
 Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in teaching or a related field
 Current first aid certification and CPR certification
 Excellent administrative experience
 Five years’ relevant work experience with high school students
 Excellent organizational skills and the ability to motivate people Other Required Skills & Abilities:
 Strong written/verbal communication skills
 Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
 Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Outlook and in the use of a student information system
 Ability to quickly learn new technologies and tools

Disclaimer: This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way to modify, the right of any supervisor to assign, direct or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The use of a particular illustration shall not be used to exclude non-listed duties of similar kind or level of difficulty.
I’m just going by what my best friend told me and he is a superintendent of a certain northern school district. He said the principal doesn’t have the power to fire an AD because his AD doesn’t report to the principal. Just like the principal didn’t hire the AD. He said they both report to him. Regardless, Claymont is irrelevant at this point in wrestling and will continue that way as I don’t see anything in the pipeline . One state qualifier is not a lot to build on. Hopefully they can get things turned around in the future and the new coach can pull a few rabbits out of his hat.

C
I’m just going by what my best friend told me and he is a superintendent of a certain northern school district. He said the principal doesn’t have the power to fire an AD because his AD doesn’t report to the principal. Just like the principal didn’t hire the AD. He said they both report to him. Regardless, Claymont is irrelevant at this point in wrestling and will continue that way as I don’t see anything in the pipeline . One state qualifier is not a lot to build on. Hopefully they can get things turned around in the future and the new coach can pull a few rabbits out of his hat.
Correct that’s what I’m trying to say no principle was involved with the hiring process. Yes the board will have to approve it at next board meeting

Ad’s do not report to principal, the ad runs the athletics, the principal runs the academics. They both individually report to the superintendent, who reports to the school board who is voted by the district people.
That's funny. There are a LOT of schools that make the AD report to the principal. It's wrong, but it happens.

So they hired Kyle, and that’s great. I talked to a guy a work, then another who said he talked to a school board member. Can anyone confirm or deny any of this:
Poland offered Kyle a job every year. Kyle turned him down each time, and said he wasn’t going to work to make anyone look good, then called the school board every time he didn’t like something Poland did, trying to get the head job. Travis resigns, only a couple people apply. The board wanted Dustin, but he wont apply because of Kyle. Now they have to choose between the guy who constantly cried to the school board trying to get the job and the guy who bashes them on social media. Now the board feels stuck with Kyle, but they have no choice because the other candidate wasn’t really a candidate.
If any or all of this is true, someone should make a movie! Only at Claymont!
No wonder Claymont people get labeled. Indian Valley has structure and can work together unlike Dirtmont in all sports. Who was the 3rd candidate anyway?

Hope he don't try recruiting kids from our school, since he has been coaching our youth. OHSAA will be contacted if so.
Haha parents and children can decide where they want to send their kid. If he has coached them as a youth wrestler, and they want to follow him over to Claymont, then they have a right to do that. If it is open-enrollment, they can go there all they want. If it is not open-enrollment, they can choose to buy a house in that district. In both cases, there is nothing you can do about it. Maybe build a program worth staying for, first, before you make threats of contacting OHSAA in some hypothetical situation.

nobody running to wear the ugliest singlets in wrestling...lol, i wish nothing but the best to claymont and the new coach, we need the most kids wrestling out there to help grow the sport

Hope he don't try recruiting kids from our school, since he has been coaching our youth. OHSAA will be contacted if so.
It was okay for schools to take kids from Claymont. I highly doubt it will be an issue of recruiting. I am worried that kids will simply want to be there. They run the best club in the area, and Warner Elite will become a farm system with open enrollment at Claymont. Look out.

It was okay for schools to take kids from Claymont. I highly doubt it will be an issue of recruiting. I am worried that kids will simply want to be there. They run the best club in the area, and Warner Elite will become a farm system with open enrollment at Claymont. Look out.
Didn't see a whole lot of people circling the wagons when it was the other way around lol

I wouldn't worry! The school system isn't attractive!

I wouldn't worry! The school system isn't attractive!
No doubt. We beat them in grade school, Jr high and punished them in High School this season. Just don't like the idea of him using his club to pull our good kids away. From what I was told, he only like's to work with the developed ones. Hopefully Coach Braun can keep everyone here and continue our dominance over them. Which if everything stays the way it is, its going to be a long run.

No doubt. We beat them in grade school, Jr high and punished them in High School this season. Just don't like the idea of him using his club to pull our good kids away. From what I was told, he only like's to work with the developed ones. Hopefully Coach Braun can keep everyone here and continue our dominance over them. Which if everything stays the way it is, its going to be a long run.
I'm with you. Hope coach Braun can keep it going. About Kyle only liking to work with the developed ones I know first hand that isnt the case.