who would be on the All Revere Football team

offense - rb - brian willis '91 (probably all time leading rusher)
c - andy mccullom '86 (long time nfl center)
wr - derrick muffely '05 (all time single season leading rcvr)

can anyone else help me fill in the blanks?

The first name anyone should have mentioned was Chuck Penzenik. He played for Penn State and had an INT against Oregon in the 1995 Rose Bowl. He was one heck of a player.

Mark Seifert, RB, class of 78, would make this list. A scary runner when we played him. I played for Hudson. Used to be a big rivalry.

BTW the infamous "rumble" after the Revere game of 77 is something I'll take to my grave!

Revere's had its share of football success. It's died down recently, but as recently as 3-5 years ago they were still churning out scary good teams. Pappano was a great coach and one heck of a motivator and really put that program on the map in the 20-some years he was there.

Mark Seifert, RB, class of 78, would make this list. A scary runner when we played him. I played for Hudson. Used to be a big rivalry.

BTW the infamous "rumble" after the Revere game of 77 is something I'll take to my grave!

I second that! :)

Keith Weaver, Chuck Penzenik, and Brian Willis from the 1990 - 1991 teams were excellent players. They had a great run in the playoffs. Outside linebacker Kreeger was real good too.

Keith Weaver, Chuck Penzenik, and Brian Willis from the 1990 - 1991 teams were excellent players. They had a great run in the playoffs. Outside linebacker Kreeger was real good too.

i believe after his career ended, kreeger was the all time tackler at wooster. weaver when he was done was the all time rusher at ashland. not sure if they still have those records.

Chucky Penzenik is my wifes cousin.He actually had 2 interceptions in the Rose Bowl(a record against Oregon).He was a sophmore filling in for the starter who's name escapes me right now that went on to play for the Ravens in the NFL.Chucky's dad uncle Chuck was a great running back in 68 and went on to play for Miami of Ohio.1968 was the year of the running backs in this area.As great as Billy taylor,Chuck penzenik was neither one was back of the year.I can't recall who was but there were a ton of great ones that year.(maybe Tom Campana or Jeff logan but I think Logan may have been around 72.

All-Revere

Rod222 - Kim Herring was the safety...........

Weaver ('91), Willis (91'), and Penzenik ('92) were lightening fast.....I put them all on the All-Revere team

K - Heath Saltis ('89)

OT - Lee Vanderkooi ('91)

Forgetting about ILB - Garrett Cousineau ('90)....stud! Hit soo hard for 165 lbs. Saved us on a lot of those close games during '89 season.

OLB Kreeger ('91) saved us in the '90 playoff game against Willard....so many huge tackles against their speedy QB