• Sycamore Mohawk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Patrick Henry

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Jackson Center

Votes: 10 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Two more years of that. Those kids are sophomores. I look forward to two more years of how RH doesn't play "team basketball" or have a "community following".

Like I said -- and I think most agree -- RH is arguably the best team in the state. Would have loved to see them in D1.

Two more years of that. Those kids are sophomores. I look forward to two more years of how RH doesn't play "team basketball" or have a "community following".

Like I said -- and I think most agree -- RH is arguably the best team in the state. Would have loved to see them in D1.
Unless another group of AAU All-Stars decide to "open enroll" at another small school next year.

They might have had one of the most dominant seasons in the history of small school basketball (and yes even if they do have move ins they are still a small school and deserve respect for what they did) that was not easy!

It's called "school choice" buddy. Get used to it and stop the whining.
Buddy, that is not what "school choice" is about. Gathering a team of AAU All-Stars when they are in high school with the sole goal of winning a state title has nothing to do with school choice. These kind of teams are the absolute antithesis of what high school sports is all about. They are an embarrassment.

it's called recruit and keep enrollment down
You obviously have no idea how small Richmond Heights is. They have always been a small school. Even the years that they dominated wrestling it was in the lower divisions. Heights would gladly take enough student to be a higher division - they just don't have the kids. They cannot even field a football team. Know what you are talking about before you just post things that are untrue.

Last edited:
So you know them? Did they grow up in your town? Did you go to school with their parents or any of their relatives? Is you school only successful in sports if they bring in players from other towns?
I would not be running your mouth since DSJ school district includes kids from 3 counties.

They might have had one of the most dominant seasons in the history of small school basketball (and yes even if they do have move ins they are still a small school and deserve respect for what they did) that was not easy!
100% agree. They’re a great team and so young.

I only wish they weren’t D4 because those teams have no chance. But, they are. Oh well. Still a great team.

I would not be running your mouth since DSJ school district includes kids from 3 counties.
Well, DSJ doesn't have a school district and the Delphos City School District is literally half in Allen County, half in Van Wert county and the city of Delphos borders right on the Putnam County line. BTW: Marion Local school district has kids from three counties. I'd guarantee there are many school districts in Ohio with kids in three counties.

Richmond Heights could be as good as anyone regardless of division the next couple years. Shame we're going to watch no contest blowouts at the state level instead of seeing them compete against the most talented teams.

Their premium games are all going to be regular season...the task in the tournament is to just not fall asleep at the wheel like they did against Russia for a bit.

Buddy, that is not what "school choice" is about. Gathering a team of AAU All-Stars when they are in high school with the sole goal of winning a state title has nothing to do with school choice. These kind of teams are the absolute antithesis of what high school sports is all about. They are an embarrassment.
Im sure they won't accept their championship rings out of "embarrassment".

I didn’t even know that but the irony is delicious.
Well, DSJ doesn't have a school district and the Delphos City School District is literally half in Allen County, half in Van Wert county and the city of Delphos borders right on the Putnam County line. Go ahead and check our competitive balance number. BTW: Marion Local school district is located in three counties as are multiple other school districts in Ohio.

Well, DSJ doesn't have a school district and the Delphos City School District is literally half in Allen County, half in Van Wert county and the city of Delphos borders right on the Putnam County line. BTW: Marion Local school district has kids from three counties. I'd guarantee there are many school districts in Ohio with kids in three counties.
Bellevue in 4; Erie, Huron, Sandusky, and Seneca

Some of the recent STVM teams have been a complete mismatch in the D2 tourney, but it doesn't compare to the mismatch these kids are for DIV. 49 straight is an awesome accomplishment, but at some point I would think it becomes competitively mundane even for the players.

Well, DSJ doesn't have a school district and the Delphos City School District is literally half in Allen County, half in Van Wert county and the city of Delphos borders right on the Putnam County line. Go ahead and check our competitive balance number. BTW: Marion Local school district is located in three counties as are multiple other school districts in Ohio.
Private schools have No defined district, public schools do. That’s the point. DSJ has a feeder elementary school in the city of Van Wert, so really they are pulling for two cities with combined population of 12k. Let’s just congratulate both teams and move on. You’re not gonna change anything.

Private schools have No defined district, public schools do. That’s the point. DSJ has a feeder elementary school in the city of Van Wert, so really they are pulling for two cities with combined population of 12k. Let’s just congratulate both teams and move on. You’re not gonna change anything.
Not a feeder school. DSJ gets maybe a handful kids from VW St. Marys per year at the most. There are FAR more open enrollment kids from Van Wert to Crestview or Lincolnview than VWSM kids to DSJ. Our freshman class is very talented and they've gone to school together since kindergarten. Let's say they get to the state title game their senior year and lose by 40 to a team that's only gone to school together for two years. You okay with that?

Not a feeder school. DSJ gets maybe a handful kids from VW St. Marys per year at the most. There are FAR more open enrollment kids from Van Wert to Crestview or Lincolnview than VWSM kids to DSJ. Our freshman class is very talented and they've gone to school together since kindergarten. Let's say they get to the state title game their senior year and lose by 40 to a team that's only gone to school together for two years. You okay with that?
I am fine with it, why are you not with other schools who play by the rules?

Embarrassing to who? I think what Richmond Heights did was phenomenal. Kind of reminds me of that football game between Delphos St. John's and Shadyside. Like I said it's school choice. Just because it's not how you like doesn't negate that it is.

Yes. No guarantees in life. Can we count on you to come in here whining about it?

Embarrassing to who? I think what Richmond Heights did was phenomenal. Kind of reminds me of that football game between Delphos St. John's and Shadyside. Like I said it's school choice. Just because it's not how you like doesn't negate that it is.
How many of those DSJ football players attended DSJ since first grade? How many Richmond Heights players attended RH since first grade? Trust me, I'm not the only one who doesn't like what's going on with teams like Richmond Heights.

How many of those DSJ football players attended DSJ since first grade? How many Richmond Heights players attended RH since first grade? Trust me, I'm not the only one who doesn't like what's going on with teams like Richmond Heights.
Honestly who cares??? That is the most idiotic argument that I hear from some rural school fans. They've played together since 1st grade!!!! What does that even mean? You know people in larger metropolitan areas move for various reasons. Hoepefully one of them is to keep thrashing small minded peoples teams. Who cares if you don't like how successful Richmond Heights is. You're inflating your significance in this whole debate.