• Beechwood

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lake Catholic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lutheran East

Votes: 33 29.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I like Ottawa Glandorf or Lutheran East. I know Lutheran East won that match-up early in the season but it really could have gone either way.
Ottawa-Glandorf played Lutheran West at SVSM back in December. Lutheran East played Emmanuel Christian at the same event.

I stand corrected. Having watched both games my old brain must have crossed a couple wires. Thanks for setting it that straight

Anyone else find it odd there is a regional @Canton, yet a school from Canton is playing BG?
CCC has to travel 3 hours on Wednesday to play at BG at 6, why not make them the later game at 8? Wayne Trace and CCC are 243 miles away from each other yet playing for a regional?

CCC has to travel 3 hours on Wednesday to play at BG at 6, why not make them the later game at 8? Wayne Trace and CCC are 243 miles away from each other yet playing for a regional?
It's because CCC chose to go to BG instead of Canton. There are 5 NE districts in D3 and they chose to be in the one that goes west. Regarding the time they're playing, most schools with a long bus ride prefer the early game so they can be home by a somewhat reasonable hour on a school night. The Athens regional just rearranged times in D4 so Hiland could play the early game due to an extremely long bus ride.

It's because CCC chose to go to BG instead of Canton. There are 5 NE districts in D3 and they chose to be in the one that goes west. Regarding the time they're playing, most schools with a long bus ride prefer the early game so they can be home by a somewhat reasonable hour on a school night. The Athens regional just rearranged times in D4 so Hiland could play the early game due to an extremely long bus ride.
Wasn’t sure if it was OHSAA or Central, thanks. Makes sense

Thoughts on Cardinal Stritch vs OG this Wednesday?
Unless something strange happens I see OG taking this one. Not that it's a real good way to compare teams, but Stritch lost to St Marys by 17.....OG beat them by 34. If OG plays like they did the last 3 1/2 quarters against Spencerville they are going to be tough to beat

I have not seen Stritch for a few months and have not seen OG at all this year, but have seen them in the past and they play fast as efficient and disciplined as anyone I have seen. The one common opponent doesn't paint a pretty picture for Stritch.

I would like their chances if Revels (Rossford leading scorer) and Hightower (Start leading scorer and rebounder) had not transferred. Coach Harris has done a great job turning what was the JV team into a good not great varsity team.

They are 6 deep, but will play 7-8 guys and sub on almost every dead ball. They like to play fast and try to increase possessions. They have two nice sized athletic "bigs" and the rest are very small guards in the 5'7"-5'8" range - don't let the roster heights fool you ; . They do like to play the underdog roll with a chip on their shoulder.

Referencing something I am more familiar with they look more like 2019 Maumee Valley than 2019 Stritch.....btw Stritch beat MV that year by 30+ and 25+.

I expect Stritch to play good in spurts, but will not be disciplined enough with the ball to hang with OG for 32 minutes. OG plays fast better. OG by 13-17. I would have said by more, but I am a Stritch homer.

Lol....there was never a time where they were anywhere close to a minute lol Africentric had several possesions that were 35-40 seconds also....stop whining.
Another of teams do it. I know this. There needs to be a shot clock. It ruins the game when just holding the ball at half court. No one is whining. But if you think I am and want me to stop. Come stop me.

Another of teams do it. I know this. There needs to be a shot clock. It ruins the game when just holding the ball at half court. No one is whining. But if you think I am and want me to stop. Come stop me.
Excited Bill Murray GIF