• Youngs. Chaney

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Clev. Glenville

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Gilmour Academy

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looking forward to the match-up tonight with Maysville. Maysville pressures all 94 feet and shoots it well from 3.
the game will be broadcast live at: diamondsportsmedia.com tip time is 6:00.
Unfortunately, the Columbus district dominates in Athens for years for the most part The eastern districts just doesn’t have the horses to beat the Columbus teams at the Convo

Made it to the Stroh center for the first time last night. What a great place to watch a game.
Very impressed with Lutheran West. They dominated and controlled the game against Sandusky.
Van Wert was very impressive as well, beat a good Rossford team.
Saturday should be interesting

I'm surprised Bishop Ready only got 4 votes. I can see why Dayton Chaminade has so many votes. I remember them being a state powerhouse in 1969 and, thanks to NFHS, I've seen them play.
Cousin played on that '70 team that won it all. "69 team got beat in the state semis. Great to see someone else here is as old as me:). This year's team is good enough to win it, but not as dominant as that '70 squad. (27-0 and beat 25-1 Rossford in the finals).

Last edited:
Is it Lutheran West that OG played to a 3 point regular season loss? If so I would give VW more than a punchers chance against them.

Is it Lutheran West that OG played to a 3 point regular season loss? If so I would give VW more than a punchers chance against them.
That is absolutely correct. The same Lutheran West team that beat Saint Ignatius by 20. Mentor by 18. Gilmour by 16 or so. Shaker by double digits. And Maple Heights who had a huge win streak at the end of the season. That would be them.

That is absolutely correct. The same Lutheran West team that beat Saint Ignatius by 20. Mentor by 18. Gilmour by 16 or so. Shaker by double digits. And Maple Heights who had a huge win streak at the end of the season. That would be them.

The same one throwing alley oops off of baseline inbounds plays against a team that came in with one loss…they’re not bad. Unlike Sandusky, Van Wert won’t try to run with them or take terrible shots. Not sure they can hold up against West’s ball pressure for 32 minutes, but Aidan Pratt is one of the most competitive HS athletes I’ve ever seen.

just checking, thanks for the run down. In that case, VW might want to save the gas money and just stay home.

Gilmour Academy HC Dan Decrane previously was HC at Bishop Ready.

If both teams advance today they will face off in state semifinals on St Patricks Day which would be kinda cool.
We’ll see how it shakes out.

Lutheran West is an impressive team.
They have a decent shot at winning it all IMO.

LW did beat up on defending D2 Runner Up Gilmour although GA was really limited with injuries much of the regular season.

If a now healthy GIlmour can get by Buchtel today and return to Dayton for the 2nd straight year it would be quite an accomplishment with all the adversity this season.

GA’s 1-2 senior punch of Moulton and Rose may just be able to keep ‘em going.
We’ll see.

Lutheran West is an impressive team.
They have a decent shot at winning it all IMO.

LW did beat up on defending D2 Runner Up Gilmour although GA was really limited with injuries much of the regular season.

If a now healthy GIlmour can get by Buchtel today and return to Dayton for the 2nd straight year it would be quite an accomplishment with all the adversity this season.

GA’s 1-2 senior punch of Moulton and Rose may just be able to keep ‘em going.
We’ll see.
Not sure LW can get CJ. That's a tall task . .

I had heard that CJ had some transfers related to the UD coaching staff but didn’t know the story til I saw it by chance on the Spectrum channel. The Dayton womens head coach has three sons..George Washington 3 Michigan commit , a Junior and a Freshmen on the team and the Head coach has a son Micha? Quite a haul.

C-J 11 LW 8 end Q1
C-J 28 LW 25 halftime
C-J 42 LW 39 end Q3 as C-J hits a 3-pointer at the buzzer

Last edited:
LW foul (Jayson Levis - his 5th)
C-J shooting FT, 1-and-1
0:28 left

FT missed
LW ball - time out with 0:26 secs left

LW's Levis has 20 pts, but fouled out a few secs ago