Votes: 17 20.7%
  • Richmond Heights (17-4)

Votes: 43 52.4%
  • Columbus Grove (24-2)

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • New Boston Glenwood (24-2)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Richmond Heights is doing what’s allowed by the OHSAA.. I don’t like it, and I don’t agree with it... but it’s allowed

On the other side of the bracket New Boston will play 6 players in the rotation.... and not one of those 6 played junior high basketball there. So in some regards they’ve taken the same route as Richmond.....

In today’s day and age it might be the way to go.... seems to be working out well for RH and NB

Where did all 6 of them come from & when?

NBStepsm.jpg

There she' be!
That's the one. Was looking for it the other day and couldn't find it.

By the way, it’s reported Richmond Heights will be without two starters against Botkins and they combined for 25 ppg

yep, although they've been out the majority of tournament. PG Jamarr Talbert (15 ppg, 5apg, incredible defender, offers from Eastern Mich & Cleveland State) broke his foot in practice before the District Final, so they haven't had him the last 3 games.
and then 6'7" forward Amarion Dickerson (offers from Miami OH & Rider) also hasn't played the whole postseason. They only have 1 player that played in 2019 against Crestview, and it's their 6th man. Only have 6 guys in their rotation, so if they get into foul trouble, that could be bad for RH. Still going to have to find a way to stop these three juniors:

Josiah Harris--18.3 ppg, offers from Ohio State, West Virginia, Cincinnati, Kansas, State, Texas A&M, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Xavier, Wichita St, SMU)
Priest Ryan--15.6 ppg,
Jaiden Cox-Holloway

yep, although they've been out the majority of tournament. PG Jamarr Talbert (15 ppg, 5apg, incredible defender, offers from Eastern Mich & Cleveland State) broke his foot in practice before the District Final, so they haven't had him the last 3 games.
and then 6'7" forward Amarion Dickerson (offers from Miami OH & Rider) also hasn't played the whole postseason. They only have 1 player that played in 2019 against Crestview, and it's their 6th man. Only have 6 guys in their rotation, so if they get into foul trouble, that could be bad for RH. Still going to have to find a way to stop these three juniors:

Josiah Harris--18.3 ppg, offers from Ohio State, West Virginia, Cincinnati, Kansas, State, Texas A&M, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Xavier, Wichita St, SMU)
Priest Ryan--15.6 ppg,
Jaiden Cox-Holloway

Ahhh, gotchya. What I saw seemed like this was breaking news :ROFLMAO:

that’s interesting with Glenwood. Where in the world are they kids from down there?

on another note - Glenwood doesn’t have football but has a very,very old Stadium beside their school. Pretty interesting place.

of their 6 players that play

Voiers brothers - South Webster
Sexton (best player) - Sciotoville East / Portsmouth
Jackson - Lucasville Valley then Portsmouth and maybe even Sciotoville East
Clark - Lucasville Valley
Jones - Portsmouth I believe

Half of those kids did spend a couple elementary years at New Boston, though. And all of them played AAU for the same program which I would imagine influenced their decision to play together these last 2 years

I would also imagine they’re one of the few schools in all of Ohio that has a higher CB than they do male enrollment

In terms of the game... Sexton is really really good. 6’5” and can do it all. Great on the block and has improved dramatically off the dribble. What Columbus Grove does with him, and how effectively they do it, will determine this game.

On the clips I’ve seen Grove looks a little bigger and a little stronger than NB. They have definitely been tested

Botkins off to a good start, and RH's Priest Ryan goes to the bench with 2 fouls just 4 mins into the game.

7-5 Botkins with 3:17 to go in the 1st

End of 1
Botkins 15
Richmond Heights 16

Priddy-Powell for Botkins is 5-5 with 10 pts in the 1st. RH ends the quarter on a 11-4 run. Sonie for a RH has 3 triples and that's the only thing Richmond has going right now offensively.

Halftime
Botkins 27
Richmond Heights 24

Priddy-Powell with 14. Most of RH's points coming from the FT line. Botkins looks like the better team early on.

Botkins with stupid TO's and imploding right now. Richmond Heights does not shoot the ball well at all.

Meyer with two huge triples late for Botkins. Priddy-Powell now up to 18 pts and Botkins up 42-40 with 52 secs left