WHo Will BE THE NATIONAL PRESEASON TOP 10!

And a team that brings 22,000 to a game easily. It will be a good one cant wait.

What is their home stadium? Do they play in the Orange Bowl? That sounds like an inflated attendence figure considering U of Miami only had 36,000 when they played Houston and 40,000 for the Florida A&M game.

Was the 22,000 for the State Championship Game?

Carroll will be tested big time. More then they ever have, by according to some of your texas fans a group of "outlaw thugs from the northwestern section of miami." :Ohno: pathetic. How about we focus on the game and the topic of this thread. For anyone seeing a blowout. Wake up and :welcome: to real life. this is not Slc Vs. Eca(who was no where near past eca elite level teams). This is Slc vs Northwestern(that stacked team from miami). A team that plays that rough beat you down miami dade reg. season. And a team that brings 22,000 to a game easily. It will be a good one cant wait.

Do you mind if I call BS on the 22,000 easily comment?

Hard to believe for me, since the state record was set this past year at 24,368.

http://www.floridafb.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=60453&SPID=6302&DB_OEM_ID=11200&ATCLID=717925

Last edited:
http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/youthfootball/highschoolfootball/gameoftheweek.asp

Northwestern vs. Central
October 28, 2006
This week's Game of the Week featured two of Dade County's top teams and two huge district rivals, Northwestern and Central. Both teams came in undefeated and looking to clinch the district title with a victory. They were also looking for neighborhood bragging rights. Former Dolphins Bobby Harden and current Dolphins and former Northwestern Bull Vernon Carey were both on hand to witness the clash. Due to the magnitude of the game, it was moved from Traz Powell Stadium to the Orange Bowl to accommodate the more than 19,000 fans who attended.

Interesting (especially since this one was, in fact, played at the Orange Bowl).

On the other hand, it seems to be the exception, rather than the rule, and it still didn't get to 22,000.

What is their home stadium? They play in the Orange Bowl?

All will go back to miami where people are normal and dont bash a high school football team from being from miami. And they play At Traz Powell Stadium. Along with i think Mimai Central High School. Get ready they always travel well. So 7-11 thousand would not be any where out of reach.

All will go back to miami where people are normal and dont bash a high school football team from being from miami. And they play At Traz Powell Stadium. Along with i think Mimai Central High School. Get ready they always travel well. So 7-11 thousand would not be any where out of reach.

I will be VERY impressed if 7-11 thousand MNW fans travel all the way to Texas for a high school football game. I'm skeptical it will happen so I guess we will have to wait and see. Traveling around Florida is one thing. Coming all the way to Texas is something else.

Like every state I think people "bash" other teams from other parts oif their own state. For instance I give you this from a FL poster regarding NW. If you would like me to post more I certainly can.

To anyone that saw "Year of the Bull" The halftime show will be VERY similar "why ain't dat defenn workin' mo'f$%&*r" slap slap slap "why ain't dat defenn workin'" slap slap slap... the adjustments will be as follows... " you betta' make dat defense work mo' f$#%^&R"

This game will embarass the entire state of Florida... Lakeland could play with them but Miami Northwestern will be greatly outclassed in EVERY sense of the word...

If NW brings over 1K I would be shocked.

I am waiting for a few posts from now where Naughty says:

All nine will be there -- you better believe it.

Although he won't write it exactly like that.

Well Dragon Stadium will not work. Could I suggest Mesquite Memorial (20,000) or Fouts Field at North Texas (30,500)

Fouts Field is one of the worst stadiums to watch a game at I have ever seen.

I heard Ford Field at SMU, but nothing official. I think the game draws 20K max. It is early in the season, when everyone's teams are playing. You have college games going on all over the place.

There will be build up, but unless you are a die hard HS fan, and there are really not as many as us idiots think there are, you will not know alot about it.

Fouts Field is one of the worst stadiums to watch a game at I have ever seen.

I heard Ford Field at SMU, but nothing official. I think the game draws 20K max. It is early in the season, when everyone's teams are playing. You have college games going on all over the place.

There will be build up, but unless you are a die hard HS fan, and there are really not as many as us idiots think there are, you will not know alot about it.
I agree.

I'm guessing MNW will bring 500-1000 fans (which isn't a slam on MNW).

The entire population of Southlake is around 25,000 with about 8,000 attending home football games. (The SLC attendance zone is a bit larger than the City of Southlake so you can add a few thousand to the population.)

The rest of the fans will be non-SLC/non-MNW homers and will come to watch a good game.

I'm guessing the game will be at Ford Field or Dragon Stadium and will draw 18,000 at Ford Field or 10,000-11,000 at Dragon Stadium.

As much as I'd like to see the game played at Dragon Stadium, I'm not thrilled about getting to the stadium 3 hours early just to get a seat.

After seeing that 67% of the students are on free or reduced lunches, I doubt that more than 250 will make the trip including the school administrators.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/youthfootball/highschoolfootball/gameoftheweek.asp

Northwestern vs. Central
October 28, 2006
This week's Game of the Week featured two of Dade County's top teams and two huge district rivals, Northwestern and Central. Both teams came in undefeated and looking to clinch the district title with a victory. They were also looking for neighborhood bragging rights. Former Dolphins Bobby Harden and current Dolphins and former Northwestern Bull Vernon Carey were both on hand to witness the clash. Due to the magnitude of the game, it was moved from Traz Powell Stadium to the Orange Bowl to accommodate the more than 19,000 fans who attended.

Interesting (especially since this one was, in fact, played at the Orange Bowl).

On the other hand, it seems to be the exception, rather than the rule, and it still didn't get to 22,000.

I said they could easily get 22,000 a game. I will tell you right now that they get more then 8,000 for a home game so that is nothing. No it is not fair to assume that Central brought 40% of fans becasue they didnt. And yea the state record was set and it was more 24,000 it was like about 26-27 ask any one who was there. And about 23,000 of those fans were northwestern. they travel welll very well. And the big games bring out even more bulls fans.

After seeing that 67% of the students are on free or reduced lunches, I doubt that more than 250 will make the trip including the school administrators.

hahahahah. Funny Lakeland took about a decent number up to ohio and we dont have near the fan base that northwestern has. So your in or a surprise. And an even bigger surprise when. Chicago and slcdad's beloved dragons go down hard. of yea and chicago. Go ahead bring your retarded comment. I know its coming since you have nothing else better to do with your time. Anyway i out i got to stuff to do.

I said they could easily get 22,000 a game. I will tell you right now that they get more then 8,000 for a home game so that is nothing. No it is not fair to assume that Central brought 40% of fans becasue they didnt. And yea the state record was set and it was more 24,000 it was like about 26-27 ask any one who was there. And about 23,000 of those fans were northwestern. they travel welll very well. And the big games bring out even more bulls fans.

How about we ask the USAToday?

The contest set a Florida single-game attendance record at 24,368.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/preprally/2006/12/miami_northwest.html

I doubt MNW will have the talent that Lakeland brought to the Herbie last year (8 or so kids to Florida alone?). And let's face it, Lakeland played a team that graduated zero D1 recruits (though 3 or 4 juniors might make it) and the game could have gone either way. And X was just the 3rd best team (at most) in Ohio D1 last year.

So MNW:

- To play in Texas
- To play against an almost definitely better coached team
- To play against what I'd bet is a more disciplined team also
- Will probably play with less talent overall than Lakeland had
- Will face a team that probably has more talent than X had last year

Smart money is on SLC.

Lakeland is a more affluent school - 43% of students on Free or reduced lunch program. They should be able to afford to travel better than Northwest. Doesn't take much to figure out you have to have money to afford a 1400 mile road trip.

By the way - Southlake Carroll has1% eligible for free lunches.

I doubt MNW will have the talent that Lakeland brought to the Herbie last year (8 or so kids to Florida alone?). And let's face it, Lakeland played a team that graduated zero D1 recruits (though 3 or 4 juniors might make it) and the game could have gone either way. And X was just the 3rd best team (at most) in Ohio D1 last year.

So MNW:

- To play in Texas
- To play against an almost definitely better coached team
- To play against what I'd bet is a more disciplined team also
- Will probably play with less talent overall than Lakeland had
- Will face a team that probably has more talent than X had last year

Smart money is on SLC.

This MNW team is loaded, especially at the top end. They have three guys that will probably be National top 100 guys. That does not include their QB, who should be top 10-15 at that position, nor the transfer OL who is supposed to be great.

I have watched much of the FL title game. They are not the undiciplined group of thugs many seem to expect. If you did not know the reputation, or story, you would not suspect it watching the game. No excessive showboating/late hits etc.

As far as the game, I think SLC's defense will be suspect and I think this will be the most athletic offensive team they will have faced. Their DB's will not match up well at all with the receivers, and Jacory Harris the NW QB should be able to get it to them.

SLC's offense will probably be the greatest offense in Texas history and will score points.

Talking about smart money, If I am picking a winner today I'll take NW. There is a guy on another board who is giving me SLC and 21 points for $100. I am quickly trying to make that happen....

hahahahah. Funny Lakeland took about a decent number up to ohio and we dont have near the fan base that northwestern has. So your in or a surprise. And an even bigger surprise when. Chicago and slcdad's beloved dragons go down hard. of yea and chicago. Go ahead bring your retarded comment. I know its coming since you have nothing else better to do with your time. Anyway i out i got to stuff to do.

Don't insult Chicago. I believe he is a DLS fan. I'm the only SLC homer here.

(Note to Naughty: A writing class would be helpful.)

Lakeland is a more affluent school - 43% of students on Free or reduced lunch program. They should be able to afford to travel better than Northwest. Doesn't take much to figure out you have to have money to afford a 1400 mile road trip.

By the way - Southlake Carroll has1% eligible for free lunches.

Are you saying the SLC players will be hungry since they have to pay for their lunch?

If my team eating olive garden before every game makes me win many national championships like SLC, then i will personally pay for my teams meals;)

If my team eating olive garden before every game makes me win many national championships like SLC, then i will personally pay for my teams meals;)

Actually, I think they alternate with Outback to get the protein. Apparently SLCDad's kids eat powdered mashed potatoes, wilted salad, pressed turkey parts loaf, and skim milk.

Don't insult Chicago. I believe he is a DLS fan. I'm the only SLC homer here.

(Note to Naughty: A writing class would be helpful.)

Note to all texas fans: Not getting your --- kicked by Miami Northwestern Next year, might be helpful. you know you cant win a national title with a blowout on your home ground. Your right english is not one of them. You know that Ap Lit class is just to freakin hard.:wallbang:

Florida big schools. No losses in outta state games next year.

Northwestern Over Southlake carroll.
Dr.Phillps Over Byrnes.
Booker t. Washington over Summerville.

3-0

We just might have teams at #1,#2 next year at the same time. :eek: :eek: :eek: :party:

This MNW team is loaded, especially at the top end. They have three guys that will probably be National top 100 guys. That does not include their QB, who should be top 10-15 at that position, nor the transfer OL who is supposed to be great.

As far as the game, I think SLC's defense will be suspect and I think this will be the most athletic offensive team they will have faced. Their DB's will not match up well at all with the receivers, and Jacory Harris the NW QB should be able to get it to them.

SLC's offense will probably be the greatest offense in Texas history and will score points.

Talking about smart money, If I am picking a winner today I'll take NW. There is a guy on another board who is giving me SLC and 21 points for $100. I am quickly trying to make that happen....

Most Ridiculous post of the Day.

SLC's offense will not be best in TX history. They do not have the receiving corp they had in 2005. It was basically the Blake Cantu show last year and the other leading receiver was a senior.

Second

Because SLC's defense is unproven does not mean it will be suspect. I would bet they will be pretty darn good.

Third, SLC is not 78-1 in 5A from having the most talent in TX the past 4 years...Playing teams with more D1 athletes is nothing new to them.

SLC will roll in this game.

Last edited: