WHo Will BE THE NATIONAL PRESEASON TOP 10!

I would say the following are likely:

St. X (OH)
SLC (TX)
DLS (CA)
Miami Northwestern (FL)
Independence (NC)
Warren Central (IN)

Miami Northwestern and Southlake Carroll should be #1 and #2 (in whatever order). They are more deserving than anybody else. They each won the state title in the largest classs in their states and have lots of players coming back.

StX and DLS don't have a strong case because they didn't win the big game in 2006. StX lost even earlier in the playoffs.

Warren Central and Independence Charlotte could make a case but their strength of schedule is lacking.

How can you not go with the teams that 1) won titles 2) played in top states AND 3) have lots of players coming back?

Miami Northwestern and Southlake Carroll should be #1 and #2 (in whatever order). They are more deserving than anybody else. They each won the state title in the largest classs in their states and have lots of players coming back.

StX and DLS don't have a strong case because they didn't win the big game in 2006. StX lost even earlier in the playoffs.

Warren Central and Independence Charlotte could make a case but their strength of schedule is lacking.

How can you not go with the teams that 1) won titles 2) played in top states AND 3) have lots of players coming back?

I'm not arguing for #1s, just for top 10s. X will probably be the Ohio D1 pre-season favorite. They return a fair number of players, including 3 guys who were amongst Max Emfinger's Top 250 Juniors for 2006.

In Ohio, I believe Hilliard Davidson nor Colerain return as much as X. If X reloads the o-line (they usually do) and get a more capable QB for next season, they will easily in the thick of things in 2007.

I'm not arguing for #1s, just for top 10s. X will probably be the Ohio D1 pre-season favorite. They return a fair number of players, including 3 guys who were amongst Max Emfinger's Top 250 Juniors for 2006.

In Ohio, I believe Hilliard Davidson nor Colerain return as much as X. If X reloads the o-line (they usually do) and get a more capable QB for next season, they will easily in the thick of things in 2007.
I see.

I would add Euless Trinity to the mix. They don't get the national exposure but they have a fantastic football team.

I think St Bonaventure in CA will make some lists. Just got a huge transfer RB in.

SLC/Northwestern should be there. Lakeland loses too much. DLS is supposed to have a lot of young talent returning. They have to be uber-pissed after getting owned by CC. You have to think Land and co. will have them humming.

Don't know what Trinity brings back next year.

I think we do return as much as X. TB said 14 in the paper the other day.

That's only because X didn't have any last year. :shrug: I don't see how that supposed to make them that much more dominant in 06. Explain please.
I AGREE WITH LCD... :D :D :banana: :banana: :D :D

It's all about the QB for X... can he make the plays necessary to win, when teams bring 8 and 9 in the box to stop Ashley.

I AGREE WITH LCD... :D :D :banana: :banana: :D :D

It's all about the QB for X... can he make the plays necessary to win, when teams bring 8 and 9 in the box to stop Ashley.

Can't argue with that. If they DO find a kid that can bring the goods, then X will be odds on favorite for the title.

I hope X is a post season top 10...I don't care where they are pre-season ;)

Hurly should be the answer...**crossed fingers**

I hope X is a post season top 10...I don't care where they are pre-season ;)

Hurly should be the answer...**crossed fingers**

Some of your other Bombers seem to think there's another option. A sophomore I beleive. I don't like calling out H.S. athletes but I just don't see anyway X leaves R4 with Hurley at the helm.

DeMatha returns exactly 15 starters for a team that should be ranked in the top three and is likely to play Moeller in the Herbie.

1.SouthLake Carroll(What Needs to be said. )
2.Miami Northwestern( Will play Southlake Carroll At Southlake Carroll )
3.Warren Central(Had a case for #1 this year and they will next year also)
4.Weaton Warrenville South( Got over looked last year should be fine for next year.)
5.Miami Booker t. Washington(Will finally get the national attention they deserve. Will play Sc powerhouse Summerville at Summerville in late august)
6.St.X(Have to put them here)
7. St thomas Aquinas(Watch out. They have a transfer Qb from New york comming in and they return lots of talent. Will play Colerain In the 07 Herbie.
8.Independence(should finally Prove they deserve to be here)
9.De la salle(they have to prove they are worth the name they carry. and i see them doing that)
10.Lakeland(wont be as down and most think loss the names people know. But from what i know they will be fine.)

Teams to watch

Gaffeny-South Carolina
Colerain-Ohio
Daytona Beach Mainland-Florda
Pahokee-Florida
Hoover-alabama
Don Basco Prep-New Jersey
Blue Springs South-Missouri
Bingham-Uath
Dematha-Maryland

Call me florida biased. But you will see what i mean in the final polls nextyear.

1.SouthLake Carroll(What Needs to be said. )
2.Miami Northwestern( Will play Southlake Carroll At Southlake Carroll )

Call me florida biased. But you will see what i mean in the final polls nextyear.

What happened in the last thirty minutes? You have SLC #1 yet you posted this on another thread in regards to the matchup:

Variables?????????????????

Yea after the first games of the season next year. This one will be easy to perdict. Nw win.

http://yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136719

Seems if you can easily predict a NW win, you would have them ranked higher to me. Seems like a pretty good list after that. I think DLS might be stronger than last year from what I have heard from some DLS posters.

Forgive my ignorance but where is Weaton Warrenville South?

Chicago suburbs.

I saw their state semifinal.

Rolled through the playoffs. No final score was close.

They were calpreps #1 when their season ended, but moved down a bit when other teams (including SLC) won games after that (Illinois ends very early).

What happened in the last thirty minutes? You have SLC #1 yet you posted this on another thread in regards to the matchup:

http://yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136719

Seems if you can easily predict a NW win, you would have them ranked higher to me. Seems like a pretty good list after that. I think DLS might be stronger than last year from what I have heard from some DLS posters.

Forgive my ignorance but where is Weaton Warrenville South?

Because Slc deserves to be #1 until someone takes ir form them thats why. NO mattar what i think will happen. You gotta give respect where it is due.

Because Slc deserves to be #1 until someone takes ir form them thats why. NO mattar what i think will happen. You gotta give respect where it is due.

How can you take it away from them if you don't play them. I'm not a proponent of giving somebody something this year just because they won it last year.

How can you take it away from them if you don't play them. I'm not a proponent of giving somebody something this year just because they won it last year.

The SLC offense would appear to be the best unit ever returning in Texas HS history. Pretty bold claim, but if you look at what they have done and what they have returning, it is not that crazy to think that.

That being said, I think the NW game, if it happens, early in the season would be a very tough game for the Dragons.

I have been hearing that they will be playing X.
Originally, DeMatha was told they would play either Moeller or St. X. This was about three weeks ago. Somewhere on here there is a thread about X playing an Indianapolis team that weekend so if that's true, I'm assuming it is Moeller. Personally, I would much prefer DM play X and believe it will be a better matchup. DeMatha has actually played Moeller before, in 1980, in Faust's last year. I saw that game at UC and left feeling that Faust's Moeller teams were the best I had ever seen. Two players from that DM team went into the NFL. Moeller 34 DeMatha 0. Today, DeMatha has a lot in common with Moeller of then. Frankly, the Herbie will be an interesting game, whoever DeMatha plays.

colerain lost their coach and coaching although it isn't everything, is a lot of things... they may not even win their conference...

St. X has Ashley, thats it and arent really that good.

If you're going to put an Ohio team in there put Elder or St. Ignatius who both have average senior classes but great junior classes. Also look out for Moeller who has a poor senior class but the best junior and sophmore classes in ohio.

LMAO. Good joke Corky.