Who will be Fenwick's Next coach?

My comments got taken way out of context. I have zero respect for Michael Coleman and do not think he should be involved in the hiring process at all. If he has control of this hiring that is bad for Fenwick.

If you reread my post, I said I would hire Jay of the three choices and gave my reasons. It is ok to disagree with my reasons. The Lebanon argument is a very good point as I am mostly going off of records. All three are high quality people and very good coaches. I like one better for the job. I think he could get one of them to come with him if he gets the job.

Who would you guys hire if you were in charge?

My comments got taken way out of context. I have zero respect for Michael Coleman and do not think he should be involved in the hiring process at all. If he has control of this hiring that is bad for Fenwick.

If you reread my post, I said I would hire Jay of the three choices and gave my reasons. It is ok to disagree with my reasons. The Lebanon argument is a very good point as I am mostly going off of records. All three are high quality people and very good coaches. I like one better for the job. I think he could get one of them to come with him if he gets the job.

I mentioned before that I would hire somebody with Fenwick ties. Believe it or not, Fenwick lost a few important donors when they gave Kreke the axe....

What was the reason that Coach Kreke was let go and two years later how has that worked out for Falcon land? A man that would have stayed another 5-10 yrs and they are back looking for another coach? No league titles and nothing heard from in the state tourney with the alleged best player in the conference? Not trying to be overly critical just curious as to what was accomplished while embarassing a life long Fenwick employee?

In my opinion, Kreke should have never been let go. A terrible mistake by the administration and Michael Coleman. It has gained Fenwick nothing. I agree that if they hire outside the Fenwick "family" that they will be looking for another coach in 2-4 years. Should hire one of the three that is being talked about on here.

The reason for moving on from Kreke was they wanted a "transformational" coach. I never heard Fenwick explain what that means specifically. Some of the passionate Fenwick posters would probably have more info on this.

I forgot that the new Principal is from Moeller. That could explain the assistant from Moeller angle.

What was the reason that Coach Kreke was let go and two years later how has that worked out for Falcon land? A man that would have stayed another 5-10 yrs and they are back looking for another coach? No league titles and nothing heard from in the state tourney with the alleged best player in the conference? Not trying to be overly critical just curious as to what was accomplished while embarassing a life long Fenwick employee?
Nothing could possibly justify how Coach Kreke was treated. A classless way to fire a man who has represented Fenwick since 1976. 45 years of loyal service! Justice served when Badin hired Pat as their Head Varsity Basketball coach. He is a respected Alum; Happy for him.

A Fenwick grad with a proven record of success as a Head Varsity Basketball Coach.
If I had to narrow it to one, it would be Holweger. I think that he would have more years left than Jay. With that being said, Holweger may be where he wants to be right now.

If I had to narrow it to one, it would be Holweger. I think that he would have more years left than Jay. With that being said, Holweger may be where he wants to be right now.
My thoughts also.Any if the three would be a great hire. If they have applied.

It has almost a month now since this job opened and there is still no coach. Wonder if they are having open gyms with assistants running them. Just seems like it has taken them a long time to find a coach. Just goes to show how bad of an AD Coleman has been for the school

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't it Mulligan (principal at the time), that got rid of Kreke. It is not the current administration.

Out of respect for the Rossi/Kreke coaching tree, I would think that three people that have been mentioned (Rossi, Byrne, Holweger) wouldn't touch the Fenwick job with a ten-foot pole.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't it Mulligan (principal at the time), that got rid of Kreke. It is not the current administration.

Out of respect for the Rossi/Kreke coaching tree, I would think that three people that have been mentioned (Rossi, Byrne, Holweger) wouldn't touch the Fenwick job with a ten-foot pole.

According to this Journal news article it was Coleman (AD) and Collison (principal) that fired Kreke.

Someone I talked to today said they won't know who the new coach is until the end of May. This has been a long process for an AD that is leaving in 2 weeks. I wonder if the administration is prolonging this?

None of them applied two years ago out of respect for Coach Kreke. Today it's a different situation. As stated many times, we hope all three have applied. PK is happy @ Badin. All three played for Coach Rossi in the 80's.?

Fenwick basketball has been a circus since the day Coach Kreke was fired. Moss' tenure started off with recruiting violations, continued with COVID violations, continued with his exit, and now this search that seems to be never ending. It's easy to blame Coleman, and he deserves a lot it, but he has a boss too. What competent administrator would let an outgoing AD select a new coach, the most high profile coach at Fenwick, and allow that search to continue right up until the ADs final days. If I was the new AD I would not be very happy about that. That says nothing for the new coach, whoever it is - if they have even selected one, that is stuck in limbo and has already lost valuable time with his new team.

Complete clown show, not sure it ends when Coleman leaves either.

It appears that the new AD, Kyle Sasala has been the assistant there the past few years so I would imagine he would have quite a hand in the hiring process since he's already in the building.

Congrats to Coach Holweger. I hope he stays on the job for more than a couple of years for the sake of Fenwick basketball. There is potential in the program, but coaching continuity is going to be a must. Talent is not great. Players need to be developed. Coach is more than capable, but patience is going to be necessary.

Congrats to Coach Holweger. I hope he stays on the job for more than a couple of years for the sake of Fenwick basketball. There is potential in the program, but coaching continuity is going to be a must. Talent is not great. Players need to be developed. Coach is more than capable, but patience is going to be necessary.
Has the official announcement been made?