Who takes over as HC at Brecksville?

How much would it cost the school to bring Matt Galland back home to coach?? Outstanding young man and one of the best Bee football players in school history.

Is it possible they go after an alum who is coaching at another school?
Could go for an alum that is out in the ranks at another program. I'm sure there's no shortage of bees alum on staffs in NEO. Do they have the desire/would they be qualified is the question

What names are out there? im new to the area
Some that come to top of mind would be (again, no clue if there'd be interest from either side):
Bill Powers- Previously coached there, and won a state title with Chanel
John Shirilla- current DC at Independence (former HC there, too), was the DC at BBHS when his kids were on the team.
Mike Glaser formerly taught there
Scott Miller is an alum on staff at Padua as a varsity offensive assistant.
Tom Tupa comes to mind anytime a Brecksville opening does, but I would be doubtful.
Current North Royalton frosh HC Wheeler lives in the district, could be a fun storyline

Would put these names on a list where there would be mutual interest:

Jeff Fox - Nordonia HC
Pete Pappas - St. Eds DC
Pat Patton - Holy Name DC
Mike Ryan - Avon LB Coach
Adam Bickel - former Luth East HC
Tommy Zagorski - former Akron OC
Josh Ranc - BW Asst

I could get into why there is mutual interest with all these guys but I would just say this, BBHHS probably looks to get a guy who already has a 'full-time' job outside of the building as they did with Poder and have with Mehalik. They can provide more money than most for those types.
Fox and Patton have all been finalists at other jobs this winter.

Last edited:

Jeff Fox - Nordonia HC
Pete Pappas - St. Eds DC
Josh Ranc - BW Asst

I could get into why there is mutual interest with all these guys but I would just say this, BBHHS probably looks to get a guy who already has a 'full-time' job outside of the building as they did with Poder and have with Mehalik. They can provide more money than most for those types.
Where was Fox a finalist at recently?

Not all the names on the list are teachers or have a career in teaching. I don't think a non teaching job would preclude all of the names.

Jeff Fox - Nordonia HC
Pete Pappas - St. Eds DC
Josh Ranc - BW Asst

I think you mean Nordonia's D coordinator, King, not Fox. I don't believe Fox has interviewed or is going anywhere King, I have heard, has put his hat in the ring for at least 1 HC position....

I think you mean Nordonia's D coordinator, King, not Fox. I don't believe Fox has interviewed or is going anywhere King, I have heard, has put his hat in the ring for at least 1 HC position....
I was told Fox... fwiw

This will most likely be someone from with in, they dont have the resources to get these type of guys in mid to late Feb, no time to get coaches .

If they do not go from within, this will be an attractive job. I feel like they should draw many quality candidates.