Who is best fit for the NE8 moving forward.

Yeah they play kickball lmao. I know the alliance QB will be good I wanna see what’s around him, they also played half that chaney game without Chaney’s studs

Yeah they play kickball lmao. I know the alliance QB will be good I wanna see what’s around him, they also played half that chaney game without Chaney’s studs

Right. And didn’t Chaney blow the doors off Alliance in the 2nd half, when Chaney was at full strength?
Are there any more Davis boys at Alliance?

South Range vs. Canfield the next 2 years has been called off. Canfield is the one who called it off and will be playing Mansfield week 2 for the next 2 years. South Range currently is open.

South Range vs. Canfield the next 2 years has been called off. Canfield is the one who called it off and will be playing Mansfield week 2 for the next 2 years. South Range currently is open.
So Canfield went and got another opponent lined up before they cancelled and left south Range with their hands empty. Very on point for Canfield. But “why wasn’t Canfield invited to the ne8” this is why.

Geneva brookville and BL are all much better than howland. I’d say close to alliance too. So no, the “strength of schedule”is what buckeye ks referring to. Not watching an old rival who is a soccer school and hasn’t fielded a good team since 2012 for the fans to enjoy it. Fans come to home games regardless of who the cats are playing.
And is Louisville good????? South range will thump them.
Louisville any good?? These are HS kids and we don't know what a team has until the players and coaches put it all together and see if all the pieces fall into place and if they will execute their game plan or fall flat. Louisville like SR will have a new coach taking charge. For Louisville they have an ex college coach who will only be focusing 100% on football this year, no other job to worry about. It will take a few years for the new coaching and talent to be align but by week 9 and after going through a challenging schedule hopefully the Leps can hang with SR. I know Louisville hasn't had a playoff run the past few years but you still don't see them looking for any easy W's. The past years Louisville scheduled over in your area Fitch, Ursuline, Mooney, Canfield and Steubenville , you know, teams that other schools like to avoid. Still hoping for the Struthers vs. Louisville game 👍

Louisville any good?? These are HS kids and we don't know what a team has until the players and coaches put it all together and see if all the pieces fall into place and if they will execute their game plan or fall flat. Louisville like SR will have a new coach taking charge. For Louisville they have an ex college coach who will only be focusing 100% on football this year, no other job to worry about. It will take a few years for the new coaching and talent to be align but by week 9 and after going through a challenging schedule hopefully the Leps can hang with SR. I know Louisville hasn't had a playoff run the past few years but you still don't see them looking for any easy W's. The past years Louisville scheduled over in your area Fitch, Ursuline, Mooney, Canfield and Steubenville , you know, teams that other schools like to avoid. Still hoping for the Struthers vs. Louisville game 👍
Isn’t Louisville the same size or bigger than all of those schools except Fitch? I know they were a good program when they were beating up on the EBC. don’t know much about them today

Isn’t Louisville the same size or bigger than all of those schools except Fitch? I know they were a good program when they were beating up on the EBC. don’t know much about them today
Yes, Leps are the same size as Canfield. But they also play D2 and D1 Fed schools. Yes, they did beat up on the NBC like SR beats up the NE8 today. But I doubt the NE8 is going to kick out SR but instead they'll figure out how to up their games to beat them.

Yes, Leps are the same size as Canfield. But they also play D2 and D1 Fed schools. Yes, they did beat up on the NBC like SR beats up the NE8 today. But I doubt the NE8 is going to kick out SR but instead they'll figure out how to up their games to beat them.
Also, South Range has been a state championship program for the past three seasons and I don’t know if Louisville ever went to the state championship game during their time against those teams.

Louisville getting kicked out the nbc was an absolute joke. Those teams didn’t like that they won so much. That’s wrong to kick a team because of their success

Louisville beat SR pretty good in 2018 when SR had to schedule teams from all over to fill their schedule in their final year before joining the NE8.

It's remarkably short-sighted to kick Louisville out of the EBC. Just ludicrous. It assumes the present will always be. Louisville would not have won the EBC the past two years, for sure.

And it's ludicrous to assume SR will just carry on. I'm going to go waaaaaaay out on a limb here and say SR will lose a NE8 game in 2023. Probably 2, maybe 3.

Anyway, I hope Louisville is still "figuring it out" in Week 9!

Louisville getting kicked out the nbc was an absolute joke. Those teams didn’t like that they won so much. That’s wrong to kick a team because of their success
You mean like the Mahoning Valley Conference did to Campbell Memorial and JFK in the 90’s and the MAC did to Canfield and Howland in the last ten years? Those leagues were just smarter disbanded and wouldn’t accept the teams they didn’t want to play.

SR was booted from the ITCL, but I think that was a positive for all parties. SR had clearly outgrown the ITCL, especially in the non-football sports. Getting pushed out forced them to find a better conference which grew, really, almost all programs. They've had some really good teams across almost all sports since coming aboard.

So, sometimes it just makes sense and works out for everyone. Louisville/EBC doesn't make much sense. I forgot about Campbell/JFK, but that wouldn't make much sense.

For Canfield, I think they're closer to SR in their outcome. They end up playing better teams across most sports and getting better results. That said, not having a big league to fill schedules is a big pain, so that's why I'd say "closer to SR". SR had an almost perfect outcome.

South Range is the smallest school in the league. Louiseville was the biggest school in their prior league. Thus, it was easier to yield a guilty verdict on the Leopards. People are soft.

NE8 would never boot South Range. If anything, they would like to oust Lakeview and Jefferson for not being competitive enough.

South Range is the smallest school in the league. Louiseville was the biggest school in their prior league. Thus, it was easier to yield a guilty verdict on the Leopards. People are soft.

NE8 would never boot South Range. If anything, they would like to oust Lakeview and Jefferson for not being competitive enough.
They’d be doing Lakeview a favor they belong in the MVAC and would be middle of the pack in that league

SR was booted from the ITCL, but I think that was a positive for all parties. SR had clearly outgrown the ITCL, especially in the non-football sports. Getting pushed out forced them to find a better conference which grew, really, almost all programs. They've had some really good teams across almost all sports since coming aboard.

So, sometimes it just makes sense and works out for everyone. Louisville/EBC doesn't make much sense. I forgot about Campbell/JFK, but that wouldn't make much sense.

For Canfield, I think they're closer to SR in their outcome. They end up playing better teams across most sports and getting better results. That said, not having a big league to fill schedules is a big pain, so that's why I'd say "closer to SR". SR had an almost perfect outcome.
The timing of SR's departure was pretty on point. I know its hard to think now given what they've done the last few years, but SR only won 3 league titles in the 11 years they were in the ITCL (06, 07, and 13- they might be credited with a share in 08 but lost to Crestview who they were tied with). Part of that was due to Crestview being as good as they were, but also part is the talent jump SR has had since then. So it is a bit different compared to Louisville, who won pretty much every EBC football championship before being ousted.

Last edited:
They’d be doing Lakeview a favor they belong in the MVAC and would be middle of the pack in that league
I could see Lakeview finishing ahead of Niles and Poland this year. It's going to be an interesting season. They got that stud RB from JFK, who I doubt anyone from Girard will try to tackle. Maybe they can get the kid to transfer to Girard so they don't have to modify their defensive game plan for that week.

I could see Lakeview finishing ahead of Niles and Poland this year. It's going to be an interesting season. They got that stud RB from JFK, who I doubt anyone from Girard will try to tackle. Maybe they can get the kid to transfer to Girard so they don't have to modify their defensive game plan for that week.
Nice player but stud is a reach was 2nd team last season and would have been this season as well. It all starts upfront if Lakeview has a good OL he’ll be successful, if Gardner stays at Niles and remains healthy I don’t see Lakeview winning a league game

Last edited:
Nice player but stud is a reach was 2nd team last season and would have been this season as well. It all starts upfront if Lakeview has a good OL he’ll be successful, if Gardner stays at Niles and remains healthy I don’t see Lakeview winning a league game
They got more than just the kid from jfk coming , you’ll find out soon enough

They got more than just the kid from jfk coming , you’ll find out soon enough
Mr. Easton. Good to see you again.

All the kids you think you are bringing in won’t change something very important- a town full of cowards that do not believe in physicality. A town that relies on finesse, in which you cannot out finesse the teams in your own league. Lakeview stinks. They ran off a great young coach who is a close friend. They get what they deserve. As a town full of cowards should.

The timing of SR's departure was pretty on point. I know its hard to think now given what they've done the last few years, but SR only won 3 league titles in the 11 years they were in the ITCL (06, 07, and 13- they might be credited with a share in 08 but lost to Crestview who they were tied with). Part of that was due to Crestview being as good as they were, but also part is the talent jump SR has had since then. So it is a bit different compared to Louisville, who won pretty much every EBC football championship before being ousted.
1996: 11-1 Reg Runner-up
1997 8-2 Playoffs
1998: 6-4
1999: 9-3 Playoffs
2000: 7-3 Playoffs
2001: 12-1 Reg Runner-Up
2002: 7-3
2003: 11-1 Playoffs
2004: 11-2 Reg Runner-up
2005: 13-1 Regional Champions
2006: 12-1 Reg Runner-up
2007: 12-1 Reg Runner-up
2008: 8-3 Playoffs
2009: 2-8
2010: 7-4 Playoffs
2011: 5-5
2012: 7-3
2013: 11-1 Playoffs
2014 8-2
2015 6-4

Rather I would say it was Crestview having a fantastic run and SR have a dip in talent for a short period. They also won a bunch of ICL Championships before the ITCL was created.

Last edited: