Who is best fit for the NE8 moving forward.

Girard
08/18 H Jefferson Area
08/25 A Youngstown Liberty
09/01 A Beloit West Branch
09/08 H Struthers
09/15 H Andover Pymatuning Valley
09/22 H Cortland Lakeview
09/29 A Canfield South Range
10/06 H Poland Seminary
10/13 A Hubbard
10/20 A Niles McKinley
Hubbard
08/18 A Youngstown East
08/25 H Greenville (PA)
09/01 H Warren Howland
09/08 A Niles McKinley
09/15 H Poland Seminary
09/22 A Struthers
09/29 H East Liverpool Beaver Local
10/06 A Cortland Lakeview
10/13 H Girard
10/20 A Canfield South Range
Niles McKinley
08/17 H Warren Howland
08/25 A Alliance
09/01 A Leavittsburg LaBrae
09/08 H Hubbard
09/15 A Cortland Lakeview
09/22 A East Liverpool Beaver Local
09/29 H Poland Seminary
10/06 H Canfield South Range
10/13 A Struthers
10/20 H Girard
Poland Seminary
08/18 A Salem
08/25 A Warren Howland
09/01 N Unknown Opponent ()
09/08 H Canfield
09/15 A Hubbard
09/22 H Canfield South Range
09/29 A Niles McKinley
10/06 A Girard
10/13 H Cortland Lakeview
10/20 H Struthers
Struthers
08/18 A East Liverpool Beaver Local
08/25 A Geneva
09/08 A Girard
09/15 H Canfield South Range
09/22 H Hubbard
09/29 A Cortland Lakeview
10/06 H Youngstown East
10/13 H Niles McKinley
10/20 A Poland Seminary
Cortland Lakeview
08/18 A Leavittsburg LaBrae
08/25 A Jefferson Area
09/01 H Youngstown Liberty
09/08 H Canfield South Range
09/15 H Niles McKinley
09/22 A Girard
09/29 H Struthers
10/06 H Hubbard
10/13 A Poland Seminary
10/20 A East Liverpool Beaver Local
Canfield South Range
08/18 A New Middletown Springfield
08/25 N Unknown Opponent ()
09/08 A Cortland Lakeview
09/15 A Struthers
09/22 A Poland Seminary
09/29 H Girard
10/06 A Niles McKinley
10/13 H Louisville
10/20 H Hubbard

That’s what I got from the other thread. Some spots have been filled. Interesting OOC schedules. You can tell who is trying to test their team early on

Struthers OOC is set,

@beaver local - should be good again

@geneva - young last year will be good

Vs Brookville pa - lost in 3rd round of playoffs last year

Vs East - hopefully they field a team

East Liverpool would’ve been a better opponent in week 8. Especially with Cusick taking over. But maybe they weren’t interested.
It’s still the most challenging schedule Struthers has had since the mid 2000s.

I don't know if Struthers wants an easier or harder game in Week 9, But Beaver Local was 65 points better than EL last year and that's not going to change by a whole lot this year, Cusick or not. They're god f'n awful. Better than STA, but worse than almost every possible option.

BL should be a nice game for Struthers. They should win and win with some comfort, but they'll have to show up and play. Nice game before their rivalry finish (IMO).

I don't know if Struthers wants an easier or harder game in Week 9, But Beaver Local was 65 points better than EL last year and that's not going to change by a whole lot this year, Cusick or not. They're god f'n awful. Better than STA, but worse than almost every possible option.

BL should be a nice game for Struthers. They should win and win with some comfort, but they'll have to show up and play. Nice game before their rivalry finish (IMO).
Playing in BL is weird for my cats, one year we were probably 4-5 scores better then them and had about 4-5 whacky turnovers and ended up losing on a Hail Mary at the end of the game lol

The BL QB is very good, but he’s nowhere near what we have faced last year, mainly skirpac and deshields

OOC schedule strength ranking
1 SR 💪💪💪💪 - wow! that is a game of the week every week
2 Poland 💪💪💪💪 always challenging but bring back Louisville game
3 Niles 💪💪💪😝 good rival games with Howland and Alliance
4. Hubbard 💪💪😝😝 I couldn't find Canfield on the schedule... Why?
4. Struthers💪💪😝😝 see above ..
6. Girard 💪😝😝😝 Where is JFK and Howland?
6. Lakeview 💪😝😝😝 Howland should be on this schedule

8/18 @ BL
8/25 @ Geneva
9/1 Brookville, PA
9/8 @ Girard
9/15 SR
9/22 Hubbard
9/29 @ Lakeview
10/6 Youngstown East
10/13 Niles
10/20 @ Poland

I know BL is better than EL. I wasn’t saying replace BL with EL. That’s crazy talk.

I was saying EL would have been a better opponent than East in week 8. No complaints about weeks 1-3.
Both Struthers and EL had open dates in week 8… and also week 3. Maybe Struthers did inquire with EL about week 8 and EL declined. I have no idea.

Last edited:
OOC schedule strength ranking
1 SR 💪💪💪💪 - wow! that is a game of the week every week
2 Poland 💪💪💪💪 always challenging but bring back Louisville game
3 Niles 💪💪💪😝 good rival games with Howland and Alliance
4. Hubbard 💪💪😝😝 I couldn't find Canfield on the schedule... Why?
4. Struthers💪💪😝😝 see above ..
6. Girard 💪😝😝😝 Where is JFK and Howland?
6. Lakeview 💪😝😝😝 Howland should be on this schedule
I’m at loss for words that you think Howland is a strong OOC game. Maybe 5 years ago, louisville as well

8/18 @ BL
8/25 @ Geneva
9/1 Brookville, PA
9/8 @ Girard
9/15 SR
9/22 Hubbard
9/29 @ Lakeview
10/6 Youngstown East
10/13 Niles
10/20 @ Poland

I know BL is better than EL. I wasn’t saying replace BL with EL. That’s crazy talk.

I was saying EL would have been a better opponent than East in week 8. No complaints about weeks 1-3.
Both Struthers and EL had open dates in week 8… and also week 3. Maybe Struthers did inquire with EL about week 8 and EL declined. I have no idea.
People forget cusick is the reason Struthers stopped playing Crestview a few years ago which made us scramble to get new Philadelphia on the schedule. No shot we play EL with him there

I’m at loss for words that you think Howland is a strong OOC game. Maybe 5 years ago, louisville as well
Looking at Struthers OOC schedule and you think you can make a comment about Niles putting Howland and Alliance on the schedule 😂😂. So the past 2 years you had St Thomas on the schedule when the other team from Louisville was available. I am sure your fans are so excited about East, Geneva, BL and Brookville Pa. The games with Howland and Alliance are far better games than that. Let's see Louisville wanting to schedule Fed schools, Massillon, Mooney, Ursuline and others these past years or put Struthers on the schedule. I am sure the Louisville AD would have took her pen out to sign if your AD called for a game. At least SR knew they get a good OOC game with Louisville, Canfield and JFK that will bring fans to their stadium this year and didn't want to waste their time with BL.

Looking at Struthers OOC schedule and you think you can make a comment about Niles putting Howland and Alliance on the schedule 😂😂. So the past 2 years you had St Thomas on the schedule when the other team from Louisville was available. I am sure your fans are so excited about East, Geneva, BL and Brookville Pa. The games with Howland and Alliance are far better games than that. Let's see Louisville wanting to schedule Fed schools, Massillon, Mooney, Ursuline and others these past years or put Struthers on the schedule. I am sure the Louisville AD would have took her pen out to sign if your AD called for a game. At least SR knew they get a good OOC game with Louisville, Canfield and JFK that will bring fans to their stadium this year and didn't want to waste their time with BL.
Geneva brookville and BL are all much better than howland. I’d say close to alliance too. So no, the “strength of schedule”is what buckeye ks referring to. Not watching an old rival who is a soccer school and hasn’t fielded a good team since 2012 for the fans to enjoy it. Fans come to home games regardless of who the cats are playing.
And is Louisville good????? South range will thump them.

The Niles vs. Howland game will be the biggest crowd each year for these 2 schools.
Have you been to a Niles Howland game lately? Lol you keep talking about Howland like they’re not a doormat program. Devion is gone!! They had some nice players shortly after him too but struggled to put it together.

Makes As much sense as any of the other schools that have been floated. More sense than most. Canfield, Salem and West Branch, the parochials, etc.
Why did Beaver back out of joining the EBC? Anyone know? How competitive are they in other sports? And what kind of talent do they have coming up?

I actually think BL would fare better than expected in the NE8 and not as well as you’d think in the EBC.
The NE8 is a lot more stable than the EBC. Would you rather be middle of the pack in a conference that might not exist in a few years? Or the same in a conference that isn’t going anywhere? Especially if travel for both is similar.
What?

if they added two teams, why would the league disband?

I know SR hasn't lost a league game in 3 seasons, but they lose too much to be a favorite. I'd rate them a contender, but even that is contingent on lots of development. They're not Kirtland or Marion where you just know that the next dude up is great. 2023 will be a real challenge. And Struthers should be strong. I'd have Struthers at the front of the pack, but it's not a run away. Should be a really interesting season.
Have you been paying attention? They are that good. Just kept running into Kirtland. Have. It lost a league game in 3 seasons and I don’t think they lose one again this year

Geneva and BL last year and this year upcoming would name the score with Howland. Howland woulda finished second to last in the NE8 last year lmao

Louisville also lost by double digits to a Poland team that little Ol Struthers put a running clock on just stop it that 2-8 ndcl win and East liverpool win look great 😂😂😂

Alliance last season would have easily handled Geneva, Beaver Local and Brookville. Alliance took Chaney to the wire, the same Chaney team that was the only team to beat Canfield this past year.
You guys are right about Howland being terrible though.

Alliance last season would have easily handled Geneva, Beaver Local and Brookville. Alliance took Chaney to the wire, the same Chaney team that was the only team to beat Canfield this past year.
You guys are right about Howland being terrible though.
Chaney without a few starters**

Niles ooc schedule.
Howland. 2-8
labrae. 1-9
alliance. 8-3
combined record of
11-20. Very very tough.

Niles should start the season 2-1.